An Invitation from the Mushroom Kingdom

lebubu

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309239805' post='2743256']
Though, I have a feeling we could do this for a while.
[/quote]
Seeing as how I just spent my night collaborating on a client letter, have class all day tomorrow, and need to teach myself copyright law before the end of the week for a pro bono project I picked up today, no, no we couldn't. What with "we" including "I" and all.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309239805' post='2743256']
Our argument is that the forums themselves constitute a municipality and therefore the actions committed therein would be encompassed within municipal immunity and subject to its exceptions, not sovereign. Sovereign, as you suggest, applies to the greater political entity and actions taken as an alliance. The reason municipal immunity is the proper context is because Mr. Xoindotnler pleads injury in a particular venue, alleging it stems from the regular maintenance and operation of the venue itself. This allegation puts the matter squarely within the bounds of a municipality and its duties, not the overarching sovereign and its much broader concerns.

Distinguish, say, a tort claim arising out of an erroneously ordered gather intel spy op, where the proper defense would in fact be SI.

I would then proceed to rain a sumjudge !@#$storm upon your head. Or [i]warstorm[/i].

Though, I have a feeling we could do this for a while.
[/quote]
Lawyer?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1309240509' post='2743267']
Seeing as how I just spent my night collaborating on a client letter, have class all day tomorrow, and need to teach myself copyright law before the end of the week for a pro bono project I picked up today, no, no we couldn't. What with "we" including "I" and all.
[/quote]

Yea, as luck had it I was/am literally and unfortunately doing a hopeless memo semi related to MI for tomorrow as you posted that. Copyright isn't fun though, so my condolences.

Anywho, I don't see why people are upset about this being made public, its pretty much the same thing as an alliance deciding to move from a private embassy system to a public one, which has happened in the past with no complaints.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1309241036' post='2743274']
Lawyer?
[/quote]

By this time next year hopefully. Almost done with hellschool.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1309238764' post='2743234']Sure, its not the backchannels of the TIFDTT coalition leading up to the pre-emptive strike, but it is something.[/quote]Expect to find a smoking gun? If so, you are probably going to be disappointed.

Note: I say probably because I have learned over the years never to underestimate people's ability to build illogical misconceptions on the flimsiest of evidence and then embrace them till death.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1309238764' post='2743234']
Sure, its not the backchannels of the TIFDTT coalition leading up to the pre-emptive strike, but it is something.
[/quote]
If anyone has coalition logs of any sort they should share, in the interest of transparency :)

I mean, what harm could it do? (I for one have no logs despite my presence in many such channels sorry)

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1309241311' post='2743278']
Anywho, I don't see why people are upset about this being made public, its pretty much the same thing as an alliance deciding to move from a private embassy system to a public one, which has happened in the past with no complaints.
[/quote]

I don't see anyone upset by it except maybe some people who trusted MK.
For their allies or former allies though it's an ugly precedent. They now know that anything they say, or have ever said to MK is not private if they ever find themselves in a different political position. The curious part of me now wishes I was a member of MK in one regard, because it would be fascinating to see if it has an effect on what people say to them in their embassies. The option for private diplomacy for MK has probably gone out the window now as well, as this isn't a forum leak but a decision by their Government.

All in all a job well done :D

[/quote]
[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1309243455' post='2743299']
For their allies or former allies though it's an ugly precedent. They now know that anything they say, or have ever said to MK is not private if they ever find themselves in a different political position. The curious part of me now wishes I was a member of MK in one regard, because it would be fascinating to see if it has an effect on what people say to them in their embassies. The option for private diplomacy for MK has probably gone out the window now as well, as this isn't a forum leak but a decision by their Government.

[/quote]

I see you aren't a fan of transparency judging by the fact that you seem to have a problem with them posting this on owf. It makes me question why? What do you say in private forums that you don't want public? Is it possibly because you are afraid to "do something about it?"

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1309245046' post='2743308']I see you aren't a fan of transparency judging by the fact that you seem to have a problem with them posting this on owf. It makes me question why? What do you say in private forums that you don't want public? Is it possibly because you are afraid to "do something about it?"[/quote]He said he thought it was a bad political decision and found their apparent clueless behavior funny. He didn't offer a value judgement on whether or not it was right or wrong morally.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1309242938' post='2743293']
If anyone has coalition logs of any sort they should share, in the interest of transparency :)

I mean, what harm could it do? (I for one have no logs despite my presence in many such channels sorry)
[/quote]
Someone needs to find the logs where we were all trying to keep WAPA from surrendering. My god was that a head ache.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1309245148' post='2743309']
He said he thought it was a bad political decision and found their apparent recklessness funny. He didn't offer a value judgement on whether or not it was the right thing to do.
[/quote]

So your telling me that their is a difference between a "bad political decision" and "the right thing to do?" I see where your morals lie : D

Edited by kwell

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1309245046' post='2743308']
I see you aren't a fan of transparency judging by the fact that you seem to have a problem with them posting this on owf. It makes me question why? What do you say in private forums that you don't want public? Is it possibly because you are afraid to "do something about it?"
[/quote]

You don't even know what you're talking about, come back later when you have a clue.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1309245148' post='2743309']
He said he thought it was a bad political decision and found their apparent clueless behavior funny. He didn't offer a value judgement on whether or not it was right or wrong morally.
[/quote]

No, he insisted on implying there should be a trust issue between our allies and us for us making public a 400+ page soap-opera thread of incredible proportions, the likes of which hasn't been seen before (if any other embassy can pride itself in such a thread do tell). The way i see it he either really thinks there should be a trust issue or he want to make/accentuate one because he may not like the light in which this one put him in. I'm leaning towards option B here.

But hey any ally of ours who has another 400+ page drama thread in our embassy should have doubts about us :D

kwell that is pretty amusing because I'd be the most boring poster in CN, most Government leaders who know me would vouch for that and the chance of there being anything spicy in my stuff is low.
I truly do wonder if there will be an effect, not a war because this is insignificant, but a "trust" effect. I'll probably never know though.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309245175' post='2743310']
Someone needs to find the logs where we were all trying to keep WAPA from surrendering. My god was that a head ache.
[/quote]

Oh dear god.

Got a migraine just reading that sentence. That wouldn't be a good soap opera read like this though anyway, more just annoying.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1309245441' post='2743313']So your telling me that their is a difference between a "bad political decision" and "the right thing to do?" I see where your morals lie : D[/quote]If you're accusing me of saying it's possible to comment on a political decision without referencing it's morality, then yes I did say that.

If not then, well, I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say. So either stop posting or clarify how precisely you're trying to smear me.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1309245950' post='2743321']
kwell that is pretty amusing because I'd be the most boring poster in CN, most Government leaders who know me would vouch for that and the chance of there being anything spicy in my stuff is low.
I truly do wonder if there will be an effect, not a war because this is insignificant, but a "trust" effect. I'll probably never know though.
[/quote]
Me niether being a non gov member : )

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1309245731' post='2743318']
No, he insisted on implying there should be a trust issue between our allies and us for us making public a 400+ page soap-opera thread of incredible proportions, the likes of which hasn't been seen before (if any other embassy can pride itself in such a thread do tell). The way i see it he either really thinks there should be a trust issue or he want to make/accentuate one because he may not like the light in which this one put him in. I'm leaning towards option B here.

But hey any ally of ours who has another 400+ page drama thread in our embassy should have doubts about us :D
[/quote]So...he made an observation about the possible political ramifications of your leadership's decision to make the thread public?

That's what I said. Why are you disagreeing with me...? :psyduck:

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1309224235' post='2743067']
There are quite a few alliances that do not have private embassies. The New Pacific Order is the first that comes to mind.
[/quote]

[i]
"The [b][u]PR assault[/u][/b] waged by Rebel Virginia, second in command of the Sith Order, [u][b]is something the Kingdom cannot condone, and will not encourage.[/b][/u] To believe that we would is folly. We can, and will, deal with it. But we will not condone it, we will not encourage it, and we sure as hell will not reward it.

But not when [b][u]you launch a PR war against[/u][/b] us. Not when [b][u]you take a private matter public in such a manner[/u][/b]. That is not something the Kingdom will support. As a leader, I have, on multiple occasions, readily admitted mistakes, and have not hesitated to reverse actions. However, the Sith Order has blown that chance."[/i]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94470&view=findpost&p=2507403"]From the desk of your king, november 9, 2010[/url]

I understand the whole hype with transparency certain organizations have promoted, but using their popularity as a form of cloaking what your own alliance considers an act of war seems to be rather detrimental to the cause. And unintelligent.

No, he insisted on implying there should be a trust issue between our allies and us for us making public a 400+ page soap-opera thread of incredible proportions,
[/quote]

Anyone who would like to have their image preserved would certainly have a trust issue with a group of people that takes what could potetially be one of their worst moments and exposes it for personal gain. I certainly do not think tabloids are any public person's first choice when considering a press conference or an interview.

the likes of which hasn't been seen before (if any other embassy can pride itself in such a thread do tell). The way i see it he either really thinks there should be a trust issue or he want to make/accentuate one because he may not like the light in which this one put him in. I'm leaning towards option B here.
[/quote]

There's always other options. Maybe you think there's no way this event should spark any form of lack of trust towards the way MK handles their embassies, or you really don't want that to happen and are discussing damsky's alledged motivations instead of what he said. Guess which one i'm leaning towards.

[/quote]

In other words, don't say anything you don't want to be publicized in certain areas. I thought this was common sense already.

Edited by deSouza

You know the game is getting stale when we have to re-hash to this degree.

Good stuff, intermittint angst amidst the general spam/one word posts.

Edit: I'm an idiot

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1309242938' post='2743293']

[/quote]

Im willing to bet if logs leaked from that time period from the CnG gov channel, many many people would be amused by those. I know they were great fun in live conversation.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1309243455' post='2743299']

[/quote]
If it stops alliances sending over morons who post emoticon-riddled !@#$%^&* within self-initiated Q&As we have no desire to participate in, this will all have been worth it.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1309252539' post='2743349']
Haven't gotten far through it, kind of interesting to see the 'NPO will hit us' 'No NPO will hit us :smug: ' going on. If only you'd known.
[/quote]

I have to confess I did find that pretty entertaining. I would make some cutting remark here about NPO but I've actually decided to drop the grudge. <_<

I dislike the fact MK made these public without discussing it with NpO. Things were said between each other in confidence that it will not be shown to others.

Throw every rebuttal you want at me, but that's my point of view.

Edited by nutkase