An Invitation from the Mushroom Kingdom

lebubu

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1309221955' post='2743027']
But we really want to see the TOP embassy ;)
[/quote]

To be frank there wasn't a whole lot said in our embassy since both alliances have significant portions of the membership on IRC.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SiCkO' timestamp='1309222307' post='2743034']
To be frank there wasn't a whole lot said in our embassy since both alliances have significant portions of the membership on IRC.
[/quote]

Mmm, I was really just joking about a certain series of threads on CNtell. Some grade A work was put on that.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1309221955' post='2743027']
But we really want to see the TOP embassy ;)
[/quote]
Both our respected embassies have pretty tame posting in it throughout the whole war.

Edit: sicko beat me to it and I missed the point of the remark. :(

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309223321' post='2743052']
Shame to see that MK's upper echelons of government can't understand the whole point of an embassy. However, it's not very surprising.
[/quote]

I was going to think up some brilliant and witty retort, but then I saw this in your sig:

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1305510036' post='2712527']
Shut up Damsky.
[/quote]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309223321' post='2743052']
Shame to see that MK's upper echelons of government can't understand the whole point of an embassy. However, it's not very surprising.
[/quote]

I'm sure we have a lot to learn from you. At any rate, just so you know, embassies are not private by default. As for us disclosing this thread, it's a great piece of history that describes the story of a relationship that has shaped the landscape here quite a bit -- some of you will obviously jump at just about any chance to voice displeasure or try to be smartasses (like you), but you'd be silly and ignorant not to appreciate this, or, at the very least, to ignore what we've made available.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1309223919' post='2743059']
At any rate, just so you know, embassies are not private by default.
[/quote]

Huh? Embassies have always been considered private. It's a forum where two alliances can discuss issues between each other without other alliances seeing what the two have to say. If embassies weren't private, why would anyone have them?

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1309223933' post='2743060']
No, but it's extremely fitting and matches the effort of your own criticisms.
[/quote]

I don't need to put much effort into denouncing something that is so glaringly wrong.

edit: added a word

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309224112' post='2743065']
Huh? Embassies have always been considered private.
[/quote]

There are quite a few alliances that do not have private embassies. The New Pacific Order is the first that comes to mind.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1309224235' post='2743067']
There are quite a few alliances that do not have private embassies. The New Pacific Order is the first that comes to mind.
[/quote]

You do have a point there so you are correct, embassies are not always private. However, could the MK - Polaris embassy be seen by anyone who was not an MK or Polaris member?

EDIT: It's funny too, because I seem to recall having a discussion sometime within the past year with an MK member where he said they never leaked private discussions.

Edited by Mr Damsky

Your point being? You've claimed that we don't know how embassies function and you've been proven wrong. Any and all reasoning for us publicizing this thread are in the OP and numerous other posts from MK officials.

Enjoy.

e:sp

Edited by lebubu

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309224345' post='2743069']
You do have a point there so you are correct, embassies are not always private. However, could the MK - Polaris embassy be seen by anyone who was not an MK or Polaris member?

EDIT: It's funny too, because I seem to recall having a discussion sometime within the past year with an MK member where he said they never leaked private discussions.
[/quote]

You don't need to protest for us. Yes, the NpO-MK embassy was private and to my knowledge it was never communicated to us that this would be changed prior to this thread. On the other hand, we don't really care all that much because there's not a lot to be gained by making it public. It should hardly come as a surprise to anyone that entertainment takes precedence over courtesy on the MK forums.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1309224891' post='2743077']
Your point being?
[/quote]

My point being is that you leak private material contrary to what was expressed [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94470&st=860&p=2509055&#entry2509055]here.[/url]

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1309224891' post='2743077']
Your point being? You've claimed that we don't know how embassies function and you've been proven wrong. Any and all reasoning for us publicizing this thread are in the OP and numerous other posts from MK officials.

Enjoy.

e:sp
[/quote]

So are all MK embassies open to the public, or just NpO this one time?

also, were NpO aware this was a public forum?

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1309225219' post='2743085']

[/quote]All embassies on MK's forums, including Polar's, are private. MK's leadership, however, took some of the content out of our private embassy and placed it in a public forum.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1309225219' post='2743085']

[/quote]

No, MK embassies are private and NpO embassy still is private too, what MK made public was just one thread, and no, they don't informed us that they would be doing that.

Edit: Fallen [s]Fail[/s] Fool beat me :(

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1309220799' post='2743017']
I want to say you're lying, but I don't have evidence to disprove you. So, I guess I'll just go ahead and doubt instead.

The only difference between what was said in public and private is that MK was more vituperative in private and Polar eventually lost it's patience and slunk down to their level.

Also you'll probably never see the apology thread where MK's members spent pages apologizing profusely about how they acted after we left our allies behind and they got a shot at you. Though, I guess, that really doesn't really matter since the apologizing was followed by another round of !@#$%*ing when we went back in to offer support to our allies who couldn't easily get peace.
[/quote]
None of the posts were removed. The pages of everybody taking back their anger when you flipped, followed by the people who were still cautious, are still intact. I encourage people to read that part. The breathless awe is incredibly amusing.

Edited by Ardus