Generalissimo Versus Military Multipliers

Generalissimo

military multipliers - a question  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1309104018' post='2741935']A 10x military multiplier makes sense for nations spanning hundreds of thousands of square miles, as do population multipliers. I use multipliers and Botha didn't, and we still managed to RP for years and never had issues. I can understand his reasons for not doing so, but it is more realistic to use multipliers.[/quote]Fair enough, I guess.
Makes less sense for tiny nations.

Still don't like the staggering multipliers for aircraft, it give more of an advantage to those with an already overwhelming advantage.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1309101647' post='2741908']
Botha is one member in CN RP and not a current one. Citing him as law is worthless.

I vote keep multipliers there is more realism. I actually wouldn't mind adding some so nations could build up even more for global world wars!
[/quote]
There will never be a world war as long as CNRP lasts. Nations are too precious for a real, destructive war. <_<

As for military multipliers, I would say no. A smaller military would help break up the super-huge empires that gobble up land, but they DID work for the land they now have. This may cause wars to be more RP based, but it would still be very frustrating to fight with a military such as mine. have at most about 45,000 total soldiers I can purchase. That's such a small amount, they'd be wiped out before you know it if I'm fighting someone larger than me.

And that's just me. Think about what happens if some new players join. They would have what, a couple hundred troops? There nation would have to be a couple of cities.

Without the rambling: No.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1309107593' post='2741958']
Fair enough, I guess.
Makes less sense for tiny nations.
[/quote]
I have recognized this, and implemented my own multipliers. The usual ones are x100 for population and x10 for soldiers, and I have reduced them to x20 for population and x2 for soldiers, seeing as my nation is about the size of the netherlands.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1309178717' post='2742640']
60-85 IG aircraft.

That covers only so much territory. Barely enough for MR realistically, certainly not enough for HAE or UFE.
[/quote]
Most normal nations have that many planes or less in real life.

Do we need the multipliers? No.

Do we want the multipliers: Absolutely.

The reason is that CN IG statistics are not formulated in a way that the soldier and population count are directly derived from arable territory owned. If it were, then we would have much larger nations in game. I can have land area the size of the entire united states or more and still have nowhere near the citizen or soldier count of the real United States.

This statistical aberration makes the realistic simulation of a state as we know them break down. It is extremely unrealistic and would be an rp killer with nations not ever being able to be large enough to be bordering. Since border disputes give rise to the bulk of world conflagration and drama, it would make CNRP even more boring than it already is known to be from time to time when there are doldrums of activity and literally kill the community.

Keep the multipliers, they're simply a good idea.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Generalissimo Versus Military Multipliers
21 Supporting CNRP military modifiers
3 Opposing CNRP military modifiers (including Martens’ sympathy vote, I don't need your pity, I don't need anyone's pity!)
2 Undecided about CNRP military modifiers

It’s safe to say military multipliers won this round, curbstomping Generalissimo into the ground with devastatingly sound logic and overwhelmingly rational arguments. How did they know? Sound logic - Generalissimo’s only weakness! Generalissimo is not so easily dissuaded and continues to plot his revenge, “I’ll get you next time military multipliers - [i]and those meddling kids[/i] - this isn’t the last you’ll hear from [b]Generalissimo, generalissimo Procinctia![/b]”

Edited by Generalissimo