The Delian League

Centurius

OOC: Assume this to take place after the independence talks

IC:

Signed near the ancient sanctuary on Delos the Delian League would be reformed.

[quote][center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100926043911/althistory/images/d/db/Naxosflag2.png[/img][/center]

[size="5"][b][center]The Athena Accords
Reformation of the Delian League[/center][/b][/size]

[b]Preamble:[/b]

It is with great joy and pride that the undersigned agree to the reformation of the Delian League as a structure for the common wealth of its members.

[b]Article I: Non-Aggression[/b]

Members of the Delian League shall not participate in aggression against another member nor support a third party in doing so. Aggression includes but is not limited to military attacks, espionage or economic sanctions.

[b]Article II: Governing[/b]

[u]Section 1:[/u] The Delian League shall not intervene in the internal politics of its members.
[u]Section 2:[/u] The Monarchs of the Athenian Federation shall be Lord and/or Lady Protector of the Delian League. The position of Lady/Lord Protector shall be the highest function within the league however enjoy no power in itself.
[u]Section 3:[/u] Each member of the League shall assign a Legate to the Council of the Delian League headquartered in Mykonos.
[u]Section 4:[/u] The Council of the Delian League shall vote on all issues in regards to the League.
[u]Section 5:[/u] For a vote to be considered passed all Legates need to vote in favor.

[b]Article III: Membership
[/b]
[u]Section 1:[/u] States seceding from the Athenian Federation shall automatically be eligible for the Delian League if the Lord/Lady Protector support admittance.
[u]Section 2:[/u] All other states may be invited to the Delian League upon a successful vote in the Council of the Delian League.
[u]Section 3:[/u] Any Legate may initiate a motion to suspend another member. Upon a successful vote in the Council of the Delian League a suspended member will retain membership however lose all rights and obligations granted by this charter, likewise the Legate from a suspended state shall be expelled from the Council until the suspension is lifted.
[u]Section 4:[/u] A suspension may be lifted by a successful vote in the Council of the Delian League.
[u]Section 5:[/u] Any member may leave the Delian League if 168 hours notice has been given, during this time all rights and obligations will remain.

[b]Article IV: Citizenship, Open Borders & Law Enforcement[/b]

[u]Section 1:[/u] Every citizen of individual members shall be recognized as a citizen of the Delian League. Such a citizenship shall be marked in the passports of individual member states.
[u]Section 2:[/u] A citizen of the Delian League shall be treated like every other citizen would be treated in a member state.
[u]Section 3:[/u] Members of the Delian League will maintain an open border policy towards other members.
[u]Section 4:[/u] A central police agency will be established, the central agency will be responsible for processing extradition requests within the Delian League, regardless of limitations in law or constitution each member is obligated to extradite wanted persons when requested by another member.

[b]Article V: Military[/b]

[u]Section 1:[/u] An attack on one member of the Delian League shall be considered an attack on all members, all members are obligated to defend their brothers and sisters with all means possible.
[u]Section 2:[/u] If an attack is launched by a member against another state military, political and/or financial aid is optional.
[u]Section 3:[/u] For this agreement a member being attacked in response to a previous attack by said member shall be considered equal to section 2 and thus render aid optional.
[u]Section 4:[/u] For greater unity in times of war the Council of the Delian League may appoint military commanders to lead the joint forces.
[u]Section 5:[/u] To increase compatibility and cooperation members of the Delian League shall seek to adapt its military structure to that of others members in regards to rank, procedure, etc.

Signed for the [b]Athenian Federation[/b],
Her Imperial Highness Ariadne Notaras of Heraclius, Empress of the Eastern Athenian Federation and her overseas territories, Lady Protector of the Delian League, Supreme Commander of the Hellenic Forces, Priestess of the Cult of Athena, Speaker of Zeus, Incarnate of Athena, Heroine of the revolution.
His Imperial Highness Valerio Moretti of Bourbon, Emperor of the Western Athenian Federation, Lord Protector of the Delian League, Supreme Commander of the Hellenic Forces, Hero of the revolution.

Signed for the [b]Angevin Monarchy[/b],
Geoffrey de'Plantegenet IX, King of the Angevins

Signed for the [b]Vassal State Andorra[/b],
Paul Rosseau, Duke of Andorra

Signed for the [b]Monarchy of Burgundy[/b],
King Koda Jacques Fitzroy V

Signed for the [b]Ibizan Republic[/b]
Juan Carlos, Supreme Chancellor
[/quote]

Edited by Centurius

• 1 month later...

[quote name='KodaHack' timestamp='1314626840' post='2790494']
Signed for the [b]Monarchy of Burgundy[/b]
King Koda Jacques Fitzroy V
[/quote]

Your signature has been added to the document and as of now you are a member of the Delian League.

"This is truly a great time, for essentially now all of France but a speck on the coast are united as Brothers in arms and citizenship through the Delian League. I am so happy we now have Burgundy among us." The word came from the King of the Angevins as the plane headed towards Vienna.

## Top Secret to Burgundy, CC Athens, Andorra ##

Dear Fitzroy V,

I request permission to send forces to help reinforce your eastern borders as well as those you feel need guarded. I think it is in our mutual strategic interest. We can at least get your borders to the greatest defensive measures possible before my visit to Paris.

Regards,
Geoffrey

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

##Top Secret to Angevins CC Athens, Andorra ##

Dear de'Plantegenet IX,

I have received your request however my eastern border is more than reinforced. Recently i called up an army and already have thousands of recruits. This army isn't the most trained yet however we are working on that. The Kingdom of Burgundy can easily defend herself and Paris is the most defended city. You should have no concerns and currently the people of Burgundy currently are weary of any foreign troops inside of our borders, even if they are other Frenchmen. We respectfully decline your offer.

Regards,
Koda Fitzroy V

[quote name='KodaHack' timestamp='1314732614' post='2791151']
##Top Secret to Angevins CC Athens, Andorra ##

Dear de'Plantegenet IX,

I have received your request however my eastern border is more than reinforced. Recently i called up an army and already have thousands of recruits. This army isn't the most trained yet however we are working on that. The Kingdom of Burgundy can easily defend herself and Paris is the most defended city. You should have no concerns and currently the people of Burgundy currently are weary of any foreign troops inside of our borders, even if they are other Frenchmen. We respectfully decline your offer.

Regards,
Koda Fitzroy V
[/quote]

##Top Secret to Burgundy CC Athens, Andorra ##

Dear Fitzroy V,

I understand you feel safe because you have not upset anyone, but there is somewhat of a small rivalry on this continent going and whether or not your are aware, you're dead in the middle of it. But, If you feel secure, very well then.

Regards,
Geoffrey

• 3 weeks later...

**Classified**

"Experts in the Ministries of Defense and Foreign Affairs have recommended a general state of alert in Europe for all Hellenic Forces, we recommend members of the Delian League to follow this example where the militaries are ready for action however not outright mobilized for war."

• 2 weeks later...