Setting to create a refuge

Louis Sheldon

[center][img]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6396/flagofthecommonwealth.png[/img][/center]FAIRBANKS, America - President Louis Sheldon addressed the nation this evening announcing the government's full intention to establish its sovereignty in North America. After an eventful constitutional convention that left Sheldon and his colleagues from the Common Church of Christ and commonist organizations, the new President declared that the Commonwealth of America will assert itself as a legitimate state in Alaska. "We seek a refuge from the turmoil and tension in North America," said Sheldon during the broadcast "and our government will place itself in the best position possible to protect or liberties and our traditions that are so quickly being lost."

Sharing the podium with Vice-President Johnathan Roman and several other aides to the administration, Sheldon continued on in saying that the constitution finalized at the conclusion of the last convention will ratify upon the first session of Congress. "It is important that the legislative fundamentals, the very essence of our democracy, convene to place our constitution into force," said the President, "I will execute the responsibilities delegated to me to the very best of my God-given abilities."

[center][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5527/662111506lottmcconnell.jpg[/img]
[i]Speaking in the capital rotunda, the President (left) made it clear the new nation would come to fruition and embrace traditional American Christian values[/i][/center]
The Vice-President gave the administration's plan for a new cabinet that will run the nation's government in the interim before Congress convenes: "We must be cautious not to over extend our government as to preserve our integrity. That is why the administration has decided to establish for executive departments," said Carson, "the departments of culture, defense, state, and commerce will be the only agencies to serve the American people at the cabinet-level. We believe it is necessary to downsize government."

Opponents of the decree state that it leaves too much room for the President to act as primary executor of the state. "It's setting the stage for a Presidency where little differing opinions can be heard," said Susan Byrd, leader of the opposition Progressive Party of the Pacific, "while it is important to limit government, the American people also need to watch out for attempts to over centralize it."

The Congress of the Commonwealth is set to convene three days after Sunday's elections. The President's appointments to the new offices are expected later this weekend. Finishing, the President stated that "this commonwealth of citizens will seek to emulate the very tradition that was the United States of America: to embrace the Christian nation and promote its very liberties."

[center][img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7733/coatofarmsofthecommonwe.png[/img][img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6470/bureauforcommunications.png[/img]
[size="1"]SPONSORED BY THE BUREAU FOR COMMUNICATIONS, DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF AMERICA[/size][/center]

Edited by Louis Sheldon

In response to the statement from Columbia, the Department of Culture has released a general statement regarding its policies on promoting traditional values and securing liberty and freedoms for all.

[quote]Nations of the world, as you witness the birth of the Commonwealth of America, it is important to consider many points whilst discussing a declaration of recognition:
[b]1.[/b] The Commonwealth of America is dedicated to promoting liberty and freedom at home and internationally. It falls within our constitutional responsibilities to guarantee the basic human liberties to all: freedom of speech, religion, property, and security.
[b]2.[/b] Its agencies, like the Department of Culture, are dedicated to protecting the values and traditions of America. We must recognize that the Founding Fathers established the United States as a Christian nation, and wrote its founding laws around the moral guidelines of the Bible. It is necessary to preserve the moral fabric and stability of society to follow these guidelines.
[b]3.[/b] Whilst recognizing the nation's Christian heritage, we also understand that there are many avenues to God. Whether it be from the Koran or the Torah, the Sheldon Administration as well as the future American government are committed to protecting their rights.

[center][img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8946/departmentofculturepng.png[/img]
[size="1"]SPONSORED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF AMERICA[/size][/center][/quote]

Edited by Louis Sheldon

While our original basis for not recognizing the Commonwealth of America was that it failed to grant the freedom of religion to its people, we now understand that it is simply another incarnation of the failed state of the United States of America. As such we will continue to not recognize the Commonwealth of America.

Edited by Torias

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1308977545' post='2740948']
"We watch the Holy Empire of Ursalia'a withholding of recognition with mild interest."
[/quote]

"We watch the FRG watching our withholding of recognition with mild interest with mild interest."

"Because this seems to be a nation based on good morals and no militaristic interests - obviously except for defense - the United States of The Islands grants recognition to the Commonwealth of America."

Susan O'Neil
[b]Chief Diplomat of The United States of The Islands[/b]

OOC: By the way partner there are a few people who seem to be being a little rude to you. Don't worry they aren't. That is just how they act In Character. Out of Character 90% of them are great guys and gals. I hope you stick with us! Thanks.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[quote]OOC: By the way partner there are a few people who seem to be being a little rude to you. Don't worry they aren't. That is just how they act In Character. Out of Character 90% of them are great guys and gals. I hope you stick with us! Thanks.
[/quote]

OOC: This. The former USA almost showered my nation with nuclear fallout, so, IC, I'm not fond of anything resembling the USA right now.

IC:
[quote]We watch the FRG watching our withholding of recognition with mild interest with mild interest.[/quote]

We watch Ursalia watching the FRG watching Ursalia's withholding of recognition with mild interest with mild interest, with [i]extremely[/i] mild interest.

Edited by Torias