New Campaign OOC Discussion Thread

Kaiser Martens

I have made this thread to coordinate my new campaign of wars sponsored by the insane Regime of General Hass, aimed at gobbling land and thoroughly !@#$@#$ up anything he can. Why? For fun. I don't actually [i]want[/i] any more land, I just want to RP more war and insanity. I haven't had real wars for a long time.

However, I realize that it is much better to have some degree of organization and agreement, even if sometimes just minimal, in order to get things done without an overwhelming amount of OOC drama - OOC drama and boredom is for all purposes my true enemy in this instance.

The first war of this new campaign is going to be the Invasion of Austria. Why? Well of course, General Haas wants to unify "All the Germanies". It is going to be Germanic Union vs Austria, but we are also inviting Bohemia to be involved in some capacity, since they have been wanting to do something like this. I'm not sure on which side however.

Now, this is not going to be a plain war, or as we know them in CNRP, a "Roll". There are going to be certain rules to ensure balance. However, it is not going to be an outright preplanned war in which no matter who wins the end is always, invariably status quo or, even, one in which basically the whole show is arranged beforehand.

It [i]IS[/i] going to be a closed war. That means, an invite only war - all participants have got to agree to let new people become involved. Additionally, each side (Initially we have two sides, but we might have more) are going to have roughly the same amount of available forces in general terms. The most basic implementation of this that I can gather is that the weakest side gets the Infrastructure of the strongest side. So if I just fight Austria, they can deploy as many soldiers as I can for the duration of the war.

What we have yet to decide is, what the consequences of defeat will be.
I do not care about the consequences of my nation, I will just fight, and if I lose, !@#$ happens.
Since the war is not necessarily close, if people want to get involved they can just say so - while adding on what grounds - and we'll discuss it. This could eventually expand or is otherwise surely going to lead up to other wars, which may or may not follow these same rules.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is super cheap nukes+missiles spam, I don't plan on doing such things either anyway. My guys will just fight conventionally until they're defeated unless something crazy and unexpected were to happen.

I do not know what the consequences for Austria will be if they are defeated. My General is obviously going in just for the conquer, despite the fact that Germany might be conquered instead. This is up to Sarah to decide.

Some ideas are - fighting on from exile, fighting on from a colony, fleeing to some other nation that will later antagonize me (To give her another chance to fight to some capacity), becoming a puppet or merger in some way until later defeat allowing for freedom, or until we just get bored and I switch back to a normal government, fighting underground with terrorism and such, uhm...what else. I do not know, but it could be interesting. Another interesting idea is: We just go with it and we LATER decide if we want it to be canon or not. If we don't like how it turned out, we just say that it never happened.

I'm also laying out all the rules and options here beforehand so noone does anything sneaky. Attempts of disruption can be disregarded sometimes, or can even lead to cancellation of the RP.

The UFE obviously has a whole bunch of ties to Austria both through the union and the TSI, at the moment my main army is tied in Asia. I've got a skeletal force upgrading and training the Austrian military. If you could seize some of the Arctic Circle I wouldn't mind doing a Carrier Warfare campaign across the Arctic from Fort Beihai to Scandinavia with the end goal being a second front to relieve the pressure.

Edited by Triyun

Hmm

I would, Sargun, but I decided to aim for Austria first.

You could just randomly invade Germanic Union to help Austria though.

TBM - Okay, but what do you want to do precisely? I don't even remember what nation you have

Vince - If Austria were defeated maybe they could go to your place (and or triyun's) and use both as a staging point to try to recover Austria in time.

Triyun - We can probably arrange some naval battles, yeah.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1308717587' post='2738195']
The only thing I wouldn't want to see is super cheap nukes+missiles spam[/quote]
I've always adovcated limits on missiles, but seems like people like spam. Really something I can't understand.

I still have a truckload of German/Austrian immigrants in my nation, so there might be a volunteer of ten thousand to aid Austria, if I would be allowed to join in such a limited capacity. I'm thinking 50,000 men maximum, a few hundred tanks, maybe 2-6 plane squadrons or so. Officially, a Vanguard operation, unofficially just patriots helping their homeland :v:

Tell me what you think.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308744758' post='2738344']
So basically, what was wanted to be a closed war, is now a normal war with everyone, their dog and their dogs pet joining in.
Nice one.
[/quote]
You forgot this particular part of the RP rules:

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1308717587' post='2738195']
It [i]IS[/i] going to be a closed war. That means, an invite only war - [b]all participants have got to agree to let new people become involved[/b].
[/quote]

No one except Martens, Sarah, and whoever is allowed to join can be part of the RP. So, no worries about pile ups yet.

Although, [b][i]ironic[/i][/b] that you're being concerned about this becoming a "normal" war.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308745203' post='2738347']
You forgot this particular part of the RP rules:

No one except Martens, Sarah, and whoever is allowed to join can be part of the RP. So, no worries about pile ups yet.

Although, [b][i]ironic[/i][/b] that you're being concerned about this becoming a "normal" war.
[/quote]

Oh im aware of the rules, Im just saying, everybody wants in on it lol.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308745725' post='2738349']
Oh im aware of the rules, Im just saying, everybody wants in on it lol.
[/quote]
Each side would have relatively the same amount of numbers, of if there's ten people against KM he'd have ten times the numbers.

That having been said, it's up to Martens and Sarah to pick the participants.

I appreciate the outflow of people wanting to be part of this war, however, I would like to see some sense of stability in the thread with a priority on story and development and less on how much people know about missile trajectory.

As to the war itself, I'm fine with those consequences for an Austrian defeat, exile, resistance, etc. all great stuff. On the other hand, if Austria comes out victorious, instead of land I'm envisioning the regime being toppled and a new age of German Democracy beginning in the north, instead of the more authoritarian leadership that normally governs the Germanic Union. Of course, Martens, you're more than welcome to lose the democracy in a few months after the war, if you so choose, but that's what I'm thinking for an Austrian defeat, a new form of Germanism, plus Democracy. Much more liberal, much more catered to the culture of the Enlightenment than the Viking and Dark Ages.

I'll let you keep Paganism though :P

Again, I agree 100%, no nukes and missile spams, I'm probably going to be fighting this in a WWII frame of mind so you're welcome to play along. Either way, we'll make it work. People joining though, I would like to see it as a case-by-case basis. Part of me says make it a free-for-all, since that is what happens in the real world, but at the same time, the more people that join an RP, the more confusing it tends to become. It also could lead to more OOC drama and no one likes that. More than anything, I just don't want this to become a nuke war because there are no other alternatives for people, especially outside of the Austro-German War. But I'm open for people joining and such, just so long as their willing to push more for the story and less for potential pixels. One can only dream!

Those are really my only concerns, everything else we can talk about as the RP moves ahead. and as to canceling the RP if people screw it up. I think a better solution is, that if you and I both agree they're screwing it up, we can just ignore their posts or something.

Anyways, looking forward to the war. Can't wait.

I'm hoping you can vouch for me on the no missile/nuke spam side, since I've even pushed for rule changes against missile spam :v:

That having been said, I was arguing against Martens before I even saw this thread and was planning a war with him a day before it as well, so I'm hoping that you'd be willing to allow me to participate.

Alright guys,

After having talked more to Sarah and Triyun we figured a few things out.

1: We are going to use WW2 tech for the war (In spite of that, the consequences can still be canon)
At first early to mid ww2 tech and later we'll bring on the "serious business".

2: We cannot possibly have like 8 nations involved or this will turn into a cluster$%&@. Therefore, we will have the following participants: Me, Sarah, Triyun, Sargun because he pretty much asked first and even before we came up with this thread as an idea, and then I'd like to invite dotcom to join, in fact, on my side.

As things go maybe we can have others get involved, or someone can play as one of my generals if they feel like it actually. That'd be nice. They don't need to be a military genious, they just need to be active.

Well if a place opens up to me I would really like to join in. Seeing as Sargun is Ireland (the island that over 90% of my people call their homeland) I think it would be cool to stand up to go and fight with him on that moral front. Also, I have a Diplomatic thread going on with Sarah (although I won't know when that will be done with) however I could just go off that we have good relations and can't see why the evil Germans attacked poor defenseless Austria ^_^

Nevertheless I can understand if I won't be allowed to fight or I would even be okay with having the minor role doing some simpler internal RPs. I wish I would have noticed this thread sooner!

A on a final note I think it is clear I wouldn't be a missile freak. Considering I don't have any nuclear missiles and I am not a big missile fan anyway.

I can't wait to read this when it starts B-)