Event land change doesn't affect citizen count

Jinnai

I recently got an event that reduced my land by 10%. However, inspite having almost 500 miles removed, my citizen count remained unaffected.

Event:
[quote]A group of citizens have petitioned for the renovation or rebuilding of a damaged section of old highway.[/quote]

Edited by Jinnai

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Jinnai' timestamp='1308643261' post='2737043']
I recently got an event that reduced my land by 10%. However, inspite having almost 500 miles removed, my citizen count remained unaffected.

Event:
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]It was a Land Modify Event, not a Citizen or Income Modifying Event. If you compare your before and after Pop/Mile you'll notice it would have went up as a result of this Event because you lost Land, but your Citizen Count remained the same (since it wasn't a Citizen related event).

What this means is that, you have more people now living in a smaller area due to the 10% loss of land in your Nation. This may or may not have also impacted your Environment (depending on Pop Density).[/size][/font]

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1310065726' post='2751535']
Losing 500 land would've resulted in losing 250 citizens, though.
[/quote]
[quote]Modifiers don't affect citizen count[/quote]