Konsulat von Richthofen

Padraig Rua

[b]Imperial Palace,
Karlsbad[/b]

The Kaiser was sitting at his desk, reading through papers which concerned various unimportant things like taxes, expenses, and such. Frederick was thinking about how developed Bohemia had become, from a forgotten protectorate of the Greater Nordic Empire to a flourishing state. He thought about the excellent relations with Germany, and the perhaps deteriorating ones with Austria.

His thoughts were interrupted however by a knock on the door. He looked up and said "Come in."

The door then opened and there stood a group of Senators most noticeably Senator Maximilian Stieglitz ,however, he was not his jolly old self. Instead, a worried expression had formed on his face, his dark blue eyes had now the look of fear within them.

Frederick stood up and asked in a curious tone "Herr Stieglitz, what is the matter? Has something of importance gone wrong?"
Stieglitz responded and said "Mein Kaiser, it is no longer safe in Karlsbad. A army of Fascists are moving on the city as we speak. We must flee the city."

Frederick's eyes widened with surprise at this piece of news. He replied "Herr Stieglitz, where is the Imperial Army?"

Maximilian replied in a awkward tone "Half the army has gone over to the side of the Fascists under the command of Field Marshal Von Richthofen, mein Kaiser"

"That !@#$%^&" replied the Kaiser

"Richthofen must have picked up a few ideas while in Austria. But we can discuss reasons why he did this later, we must flee the city immediately." said Stieglitz

"Agreed, but where is my wife?"

"She outside waiting for you."

"Then let us go now without delay."

Outside the Imperial Palace, a motorcade was waiting for Frederick and the Senators. His wife was already in the Imperial Limousine waiting for him to enter. In front and behind the Limousine were two trucks loaded with soldiers, ready to die for their Kaiser.

Reluctantly, Frederick slowly sat into the car. He did not want to leave Karlsbad, he wanted to stay and fight, but no one wanted to stain the beautiful structures of Karlsbad, nor spill any blood within its walls. Once everyone was in their seats the motorcade drove off into the the horizon where the sun was beginning to rise. A new day was to begin, a new challenge......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that morning, Field Marshall Richthofen sat on a chair in the office of the Kaiser, staring at a camera that would broadcast the message he was about to deliver live to the entire world. Finally, it began broadcasting: "Hello citizens of the Deutsche-Bohemia, I am here to inform you that a new government is being formed, a government of strength and power. As such, I am dissolving the Monarchy and indeed the Imperial Senate. From now on, I am Consul of Deutsche-Bohemia, and you will all live under a new fascist regime. Those who speak out against my new regime will be executed, while those who are utterly loyal will be rewarded greatly. Thus, I hope great prosperity is ensured in our state. Finally, Gott mitt uns!" And with that, the broadcast ended. The Consul's speech was short, but it delivered its intended message to the world.

[quote]
[b]To: The Royalist Government of Bohemia
Subject: Aid
[/b]
[i]Excellencies,

After the Bohemian aid in our own civil war, to see your nation torn asunder by the same ideology that hampered Austria, I cannot in good mind allow such dangerous to appear so close to our border. We must not allow a Fascist reemergence in Europe and we cannot let the greater Hapsburg family fall because of the movements of megalomaniacs obsessed with power. If you are able, Austria will open it's borders to the Royal Family of Bohemia for protection and sanctuary, in addition, while the Imperial Army has been mobilized for increased tensions with Britain, we can use these forces instead to quell the Fascist movement in Bohemia.

With an effort of cooperation, we can end the fascist plague in Europe, once and for all.

Sincerely,

Maria Theresia of Austria[/i]
[/quote]

[quote][b]To: Maria Theresia II of Austria
Subject: Aid[/b]

[i]Dear Cousin,

I thank you kindly for your offer of aid, but for the time being I must decline. So far the Deutsche-Bohemia Army has come across no significant defeats at the hands of the Fascists. My Generals believe we can crush our foes without foreign help. But I assure you, if things become rather unsavory for my cause we shall call upon you first thing.

Yours sincerely,

Frederick[/i] [/quote]

[b]The Battle of Pilsen[/b]

It was a cold and misty morning on the Plains outside the grand city of Pilsen. It had been 28 hours since the coup of Marshal Richthofen and Bohemia seemed strangely peaceful and quiet, but not for long. A force of 9000 Fascists had marched south to take the city of Pilsen from Royalist hands under the command of General Gustav Adolphus. Hearing of this news from intercepted messages, a smaller army of 6000 Royalists advanced to engage Gustav under the command of Kaiser Frederick himself.

Both armies met outside the city of Pilsen. After two hours of waiting Frederick opened up his attack with a barrage of artillery which was acquired from the stockpile at Pilsen. Within a short time thousands of Fascists lay dead on the battlefield. General Gustav sent the remainder of his infantry forward to attack the Royalist centre. This was countered by Frederick's own infantry and the Fascists were pushed back. The enemy had been routed, and the Royalists won their first battle of the civil war.

The causalities were:

[b]Fascist:[/b] 2000 dead, 1000 injured
[b]Royalist:[/b] 200 dead, 50 injured

[center][img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x324/PADDYD15/Bohemia.png[/img][/center]
[center][b]The State of the Nation[/b][/center]

[b]Battle for Liberec[/b]

Kaiser Frederick had order an attack on the region of Liberec a day after the battle of Pilsen. The reason for this was simple, Frederick wanted a secure base to the North on which to attack Richthofen and communicate with Germany. After two exhausting days marching over the Bohemian Highlands, Frederick finally reached Liberec. It came as a complete surprise to the Fascists as they had no idea where Frederick's army was. Frederick cleverly moved his forces by night and hid them by day.

The General in charge of Liberec was General Hans Steuben. He could only muster 2000 men to confront Frederick's army of 3000. By midday Frederick began his attack. The Fascist Infantry repelled the first attack but a cavalry charge led by Frederick himself broke through the enemy lines (Frederick recruited the horsemen from the surrounded lands). After two hours the Fascists were routed.

Causalities were:

[b]Fascists:[/b] 1000 Dead, 500 captured
[b]Royalists:[/b] 500 Dead, 15 Injured

It had been months since the Battle of Liberec. Frederick was forced to withdraw after heavy resistance, especially around the regions of the border with Germany. He retreated to the Northern section of Pilsen while his army was harassed by Fascist forces. Frederick prepared for another assault on the enemy.

A week after arriving back in Pilsen Frederick began his assault with 6000 new fresh troops armed with Heckler and Koch G3, and Tambar StG standard issue weapons. But this time the Senate issued 5 Leopard IV MBT to accompany Fredericks new force.

Frederick immediately advanced towards Karlsbad but was stopped by a Fascist army under the command of General Albrecht Schneider. Both armies were the same number, and carried the same weapons but Frederick had an advantage with his 5 Leopard tanks. Frederick ordered his infantry to hold down Schneider's centre with 3000 troops while his tanks and the remaining 3000 infantry attacked Schneider's flanks. Schneider's left and right flanks crumbled under the assault of the tanks and infantry and began to fall back. Frederick then ordered his tanks and infantry to encircle the remaining fascist force.

General Schneider broke through a section of the encircling infantry and retreated back to Karlsbad. It was a victory for the Royalists, another one to add to Bohemian history.

Causalities were

[b]Fascist:[/b]4000 Dead, 500 Injured
[b]Royalist:[/b]500 Dead, 100 Injured

[b]Siege of Pilsen[/b]

After the defeat at Karlsbad, Von Richthofen led a force of 20,000 men to the outskirts of Pilsen, relatively unopposed. The Royalist Army was in the south of Pilsen Gegend, suppressing a revolt of Fascists who were ordered to provide a distraction before Richthofen marched on Pilsen. Kaiser Frederick knew that one day Richthofen would attempt to take Pilsen so he ordered, in the early days of the war, for a stone wall to be built around the city. Thanks to this extra defense, the two city gates were immediately blocked and the local garrison of 4000 took to the walls.

The Fascist army was too weak to start an all-out assault on the city, so Richthofen decided to wait for his artillery before taking the city. He also had to keep in mind that Frederick could move his army to relieve the city at any time. It was 2 days before Frederick knew of the siege and immediately he advanced towards Pilsen with a force of 10,000 troops, unfortunately all oil supplies ran out and his tanks were left behind.

Within the 2 days it took for Frederick to realize that Pilsen was under siege, Richthofen had brought up his artillery. He immediately began bombarding the walls. He focused on one section of the wall and within 6 hours it had collapsed. Fascist troops began pouring into the city, and after several hours of hand-to-hand combat, all of the city was in Richthofen's hands and the Royalist capital was lost.

Richthofen massacred the city's inhabitants and the garrison. Previous to the siege the city's population was 100,000, now it was only 20,000. Richthofen now sent his army to confront Frederick.

Causalities were:

[b]Royalist:[/b] 84,000 dead
[b]Fascist:[/b] 500 dead

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

[b]The Final Battle[/b]

The surrounding environment was a unequal combination of flat lying lands, and high steep hills with vegetation sparsely distributed throughout the landscape. Frederick believed it would be the perfect terrain on which to defeat Richthofen's army.

The day was somewhat dark with dense fog lingering around the landscape. In the hours of darkness just before the sun rose, a man could see all the stars in the sky glitter. No clouds to disturb his view, no tree to block his way, just a clear vista to gaze upon.

Earlier Frederick was walking his horse along the outposts of the frontier, trying to conquer his inclination to sleep. Every so often he would submit to the sleepiness of youth and dream of an attack by the enemy right there and then, and he would awake only to see the silhouettes of the other men in distance. When morning finally arrived he positioned his troops into place.

Behind old farm walls and the protection of rock formations and trees, Frederick placed MG positions with amounts of 6-7 troops. In the cover of the forests he placed motor teams and small artillery with infantry of 8-10 men to guard them from attack. Behind a slight slope he positioned reserves which were ordered to lye down on their stomachs, until called for. Frederick himself grabbed a Tambar StG and took up position in the centre behind a stone wall. He now waited for Richthofen to make his move....

In the meantime, Frederick sent a message to Maria Theresia stating the following:
[quote][i]Dear Empress,

Even though you are in a time of great trouble and unrest, I humbly request that you please take into your protection and care my wife Sophia. She is no longer safe so close to the fighting in Bohemia and she is expecting soon. There are no sufficient hospitals in the surrounding area to give her the medical attention she needs, and I hope you can provide her with such things.

Yours Sincerely, Frederick.[/i] [/quote]

[quote]

[i]My Dearest Cousin,

Though both Austria and Bohemia are suffering terrible blights against our lands, to turn away family in their time of need would be a personal sin. It may be rather difficult for you to make it through to the safety of Ljubljana as Vienna is under siege. However, what I can say is that I would implore, your darling Sophia, to fly as a Bohemian jet, under a communication of truce if the Germans would happen to intercept you. Do not carry any weapons, contraband, or anything that could possibly put your wife in danger during an inspection. If all goes well, the Imperial Court would be happy to receive you in Slovenia at your earliest arrival.

I wish you the best in your own personal strife and hope that both our peoples see better days soon.

Your Cousin in God,

Maria Theresia[/i]
[/quote]

Hours after receiving the long awaited message from the Empress Maria, Sophia arrived at the town of Klattau with members of the Bohemian Aristocracy. Here, there was waiting for them a private Jet of the Bohemian Royal Family. It had remained one of the very few planes untouched by the Fascist bombings in the early days of the civil war.

It took off from a improvised runway in one of the many clear flat fields outside of Klattau. As it rose into the sky, Sophia could see the burnt out remains of many towns and villages in the far distance from her window seat. The Sun was setting in on the horizon, like a burning ship sinking into the sea as the Jet flew into Austrian airspace.

A message was sent to the German Air force in Austria requesting permission to fly unharmed to Slovenia.

[u][b]The Battle[/b][/u]

At five in the morning it was still quite dark. The Royalist troops of the centre, the reserves, and men hidden in the forests had not yet moved from their positions. The men were waiting for the enemy to attack, and drive them into the Bohemian Highlands, according to the plan laid out by Frederick and his officers. It was cold and dark, the officers were hurriedly drinking tea and breakfasting, while the soldiers did the same. In the distance the dark shadows of Richthofen's men could be seen. A faint sound could be heard coming from the enemy. It grew louder and louder as they approached. Frederick with the naked eye could distinguished a mounted man to a man on foot.

Frederick, in full military uniform, with a blue cloak he had worn on his Liberec campaign, sat on his small white arab horse a little ahead of his officers. He could tell that the enemy did not know they were there waiting for him. With a few hand gestures the officers surrounding Frederick galloped off on their horses. They rode to the forests on each flank, where the artillery was positioned, and told them to prepare to fire. Frederick himself dismounted his horse and joined a few ordinary foot soldiers in front of him.

A few seconds later the enemy was in full view of Fredericks army. All of a sudden a large flash could be seen, followed by a large bang on each side of the Royalist army. The artillery had begun firing at Richthofen's army. The artillery was followed by machine gun fire, and individual and rapid shots from other Royalist troops dispersed among the vegetation. Due the fact that Richthofen had no idea of the Royalists lying in wait, his army was in marching order, and so the Artillery and gun fire created chaos and destruction among the enemy. Hoards of enemy infantry fell to the ground, while others were violently thrown from their positions. With the majority of the enemy army destroyed a infantry charge was ordered by Frederick, intending to end the war. After a half-hour of hand-to-hand combat, the fascists finally surrendered. Richthofen was himself killed in the fighting, his body was identified among the dead. A large cheer rose up from the Royalist troops shouting "Praise Frederick! Long live the Kaiser! Long live Bohemia!".

[b]Victory[/b]
The war was finally over, after so many months of fighting the fascists were defeated. The News spread quickly throughout Bohemia. Everywhere celebrations occurred. Fascist administrators were arrested or imprisoned by the civilians. Frederick entered Karlsbad with his army, greeted by the civilians of the city. Fireworks lit up the sky while the celebrations continued.
[center]
[img]http://blog.waterstoneplacecamapts.com/files/2011/07/fireworks.jpg[/img][/center]

Edited by Chancellor Patrick