Breaking Of A Blockade

Fizzydog

[quote]To: Thomas Asgeirsson

Mr. Thomas Asgeirsson,

The United States of America believes that we have dangerous feelings towards each other. An American continent should be peaceful and allied. Our aggressive stance towards one another is a recipe for disaster. To avoid conflict and end these political squabbles, we would like to converse, face to face. Since you have accepted [s]Ursalia's[/s] Texas' offer to host these talks, we will send a letter their way for permission. We need this meeting desperately, as North America's stability, peace and freedom is at risk.

-United States of America Congress

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/US_Congress_seal.png[/img]

[/quote]

Response:

You offer me a meeting without even using my proper name and without even asking the nation you want to host the meeting in for permission first? You have some serious balls. Your actions as of late give me no reason to cease the blockade against you. You are obviously mentally challenged and uneducated in the ways of international politics.

To: Pravus Ingruo

We apologize for the mistake, sir. We obviously realize the entire world revolves around you, and should wait on hand and foot for your bidding.

Thomas, you are a madman. You act as if we must follow your rules and speak in your manner. We shall not call you anything but Thomas. We are not your slaves, we are not your followers. We are the free peoples.

You speak of our country with complete disrespect, then you become frustrated when you recieve none yourself. We addressed you in a mature, intelligent matter, and you proceed to call us "mentally retarded" and "uneducated." You are immature and disgusting. We talk for peace, we kept calm, we extend our shaky hand towards you. And you spit on it.

Furthermore, your ignorance astounds us. We HAVE been given permission, even though we CLEARLY stated we will "send a letter for permission." In case you are wondering for proof, here is some straight from [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102473&st=0&p=2726608&fromsearch=1&#entry2726608"]Texas[/url]. But please, speak without an ounce of truth.

We offer, because we are a mature, serious, forgiving nation, to hold talks. Come to your senses.

-The United States of America Congress

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/US_Congress_seal.png[/img]

No, you are idiots. You failed to use my proper name. Not a title, a proper name, one given to me by my parents. If you cannot even have the decency to address a man by his proper name, you are completely unfit for politics. My name is Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson, not Thomas Asgeirsson you filthy uneducated pigs. How dare you insult my father in such a way.

Further, both Texas and Ursalia offered to host the meeting, though neither had responded after we said we would accept either place. Seeing as such, you still need permission, and are therefore offering to hold a summit in a country without even having permission from said country.

Once you stop sniveling like school children and actually HAVE permission from a country, with a definite date and time and place, to hold talks, then you may contact us again. Any correspondence beforehand will be burned as if it never existed.

Signed,
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/That_Bum/thomasatkinsonasgeirsson.png[/img]

[quote][center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Seal_of_the_Republic_of_Texas_%281836%29.svg/200px-Seal_of_the_Republic_of_Texas_%281836%29.svg.png[/img][/center]

Dear Congress of the United States of America,

The Republic of Texas confirms permission for a delegation from the United States of America and the Empire of Pravus Ingruo to attend a summit in Dallas, Texas mediated by the Republic of Texas' Vice-Chancellor Gabriel Valcoste. The Republic of Texas will shoulder the costs of security as granted in the cases of high level diplomatic meetings not in the capital, however any extra security expenses will be charged to both the U.S.A. and the E.P.I. Texas will need a date and time over a week in advance in order for preparations and security to be completed.

Best Regards,

Joseph Garcia
Department of State,
Republic of Texas
[/quote]

OOC: For the record - I (and I assume JED) were waiting on Fizzy to respond after SMH before we moved further with the locations.

Oscar McArthur and revolution leader Ms. Frankie M. Cleavice sent a letter towards Pravus Ingruo and Texas stating the date in time in which the meeting shall take place.

OoC: Preparations blah blah, lets just skip to the meeting already. :OoC

The Vice-Chancellor of Texas, Gabriel Valcoste welcomed the delegations from the United States and the Empire of Pravus Ingruo as they arrived at the meeting. "Gentlemen, welcome to Dallas, Texas - if it is alright by you, we shall skip the regular pleasantries and get straight into business. Which of you would like to begin?"

"Ah, yes, lets skip those. Now, Thomas, I believe those letters solved nothing. It was but another silly, useless dispute. We do apologize, though, for not writing your true name. It must've been a mistake upon congress." Oscar smiled at the Pravus Ingruo represenatives, and offered his hand for a shake.

"If you wished to apologize for your Congress' incompetence, Mr. McArthur, that could have been done with another letter. Speak what you wished to speak with us about, or I'll call my pilot and tell him not to even let the plane cool down." Thomas fixed the man with a steely glare. Behind him, Dr. Church's gaze was far more analytical, but just as intense. While also head of R&D for the Empire along with being Thomas' most trusted adviser, Dr. Church was also an aficionado of killing people, or, more specifically, ways to kill people. He had come up with 3,452 ways to kill a person using only his bare hands or common everyday objects alone.

[i]Lunge forward. Grab index finger. Bend backwards. Finger broken. Twist wrist 63 degrees to the left. Wrist shattered. Bend up upwards at a 90 degree angle. Broken finger still held. Lunge forward again. Broken finger through left eyeball. Death. Total time: 5 seconds. Number 478.[/i]

Oscar sighed, and pulled back his hand. "You're not making this go faster. Please, we apologized. Enough with the hostility."

He shook his head, then looked back at the two men. "Now, we are interested in...ending this hate between our nations. One of the best ways to do so, in our opinion, would be reinstalling trust. We can start with a simple non-aggression pact, or free trade. Maybe even both."

Vice-Chancellor Gabriel Valcoste interrupted the proceedings, "Gentlemen, let's try to keep an air of coolness, please. Emperor Atkinson-Asgeirsson has a point, Mr. McArthur - a simple apology could have been done via messengers. A NAP and free trade agreement, in my opinion, would do nothing to usher in an era of trust with between the Empire and the U.S.A. rather, what would be more productive would be for the United States to voluntarily place themselves under a multitude of restrictions ranging from limitations on their armed forces to a unilateral pledge of non-aggression towards the Americas. Naturally, these actions should be hammered out here, but if something like this could be formed," Valcoste turned to Thomas, "would the Empire cease their blockade and compensate the United States some percentage of their lost revenues, say twenty percent?"

Edited by Yawoo

"Before we proceed, may I redeem myself? I quote from the latest letter from Pravus Ingruo, "Any correspondence beforehand will be burned as if it never existed." So naturally we couldn't send another letter.

While we are unwilling to CURRENTLY limit our own military, due to loyalist forces still attacking our government, we are ready to have, as you say, a unilateral pledge of non-aggression towards the Americas. Of course, accepting these terms, we WILL reitaliate against any power that is a severe threat to our security and safety. Diplomacy will always come first, but if we are threatened and our sovereignity violated, we will respond with the neccessary force."

Edited by Fizzydog

Thomas looked at the Texan for a moment before responding. "There is a deeper issue here. Pravus Ingruo, in every incarnation, has fought against the United States of America. This is the fourth incarnation of a failed nation. The Federation of Pravus Ingruo single-handedly destroyed the second incarnation. The Empire of Pravus Ingruo and New England destroyed the third incarnation. Many of our citizens had lived under that incompetent, ineffective regime. We will not allow another incarnation to exist right next to our border without doing all we can to make sure it is destroyed." Thomas leaned back. "This is not something a treaty or restrictions can fix. This is something that only the destruction of one nation or the other can fix."

"So you demand total destruction of a country, because of our title. Reasonable, fair and unoppressive.

We're, of course, being sarcastic. Thomas, you are paranoid. But with all that happens in a nation such as yours, with its self-assigned role to single-handedly control the North American continent with an iron fist, we would understand you going insane. It was a pleasure realizing you are idiots. We tried to be calm, we tried to stop these issues so two nations can coexist. You are a trigger happy, warmongering nation that acts as if they control the world.

Shame on you. It's a shame, though, that your blockade has done nothing to slightly harm our economy. We ship all of our goods though the Midwest and other countries. But once again, thank you. We are glad to know you are not able to successfully exist as a reasoning country. Instead, you must destroy every little thing that does not bid exactly to your willing." Frankie gave Thomas the finger, and walked out of the room.

Oscar just sat, staring at the Emperor in disgust.

Thomas merely chuckled slightly, turning to Valcoste. "See what I mean? Ignorant, and mindless, idiots. To correct a few problems with their statement, if I may," Thomas paused and looked at Oscar, "take some notes, you may learn something. First, my title is not self-appointed. I was appointed Emperor by the previous Emperor, as was he by the Emperor before. There is no self-appointment here. Secondly, it is not our self-assigned role to watch over North America. For almost a decade this continent was in chaos, with the single stabilizing force being the Empire. If we are seen as a caretaker by a great many nations, not only on the continent, but abroad as well, it is because we have [i]earned[/i] that title, not because we assigned it to ourselves. We did our duty to hold a continent in turmoil together. I guess the American pigs would have rather had us let it fly apart. Yes, of course we have ruled North America with an iron fist. Which is why we have allowed so many nations other than our own to spring up around this vast continent." Thomas rolled his eyes.

"Finally, we do not demand your destruction because of a title. We demand your destruction because you apply to the same dim-witted, land-hungry, war-mongering, failed policies of the previous three incarnations of the United States of America. The United States is a plague, a pox upon North America. And it shall never be allowed to return again on my watch."

Gabriel shook his head as the United States' diplomat literally gave the room the finger. This wasn't how the mediation was supposed to go - there was supposed to be a little give and take on both sides. Giving a signal to the room's security camera Texas's Vice-Chancellor had security detain the United State's delegate in a suite until the meeting was over. This would give him time to cool off, and if he so desired the ability to return to the meeting.

[i]"Finally, we do not demand your destruction because of a title. We demand your destruction because you apply to the same dim-witted, land-hungry, war-mongering, failed policies of the previous three incarnations of the United States of America. The United States is a plague, a pox upon North America. And it shall never be allowed to return again on my watch." [/i]

"There is no doubt that previous incarnations of the United States have failed to usher in a harmonious relationship with other Americans, but we can not allow our past perceptions and experiences of nations with a similar name to force the continent into war. Emperor, there must be a way for two nations to live side by side - I urge both delegations to find away to, if not solve their problems, then get to a point where guns aren't pointed at each other. The United States has agreed to a unilateral NAP with America, surely this is a step in the right direction, what else would the Empire ask of the United States? We are here to mediate a situation, both parties must make sacrifices in order to preserve the stability and peace that America has been enjoying of late. If the United States can't limit their military due to insurgencies then call upon other American nations to provide forces to squash this insurgency."

"Except this administration is no different from the others, sir. They immediately reformed the federal government based on the previous United States administrations. They immediately declared their intent to reunify the original fifty states. No matter if they claimed they would approach this peacefully or not, they made a threat on the sovereignty of every nation who has land in the former continental United States. That includes all of my nation's territory, sir, and all of yours as well. A threat on our sovereignty is not something that has, or ever will be, taken lightly. Whatever they say their intentions are now, one's first intentions are always the purest, the one's that are really in one's heart. They want our land, no matter how they try and hide it now. Such a threat on our border is unacceptable." Thomas leaned back again, his eyes narrowing at Oscar.

"Further, we have seen no reports of insurgent elements within the United States. We think that the United States is making these reports up in an effort to keep their military forces artifically high. We feel they are planning to attack."

"Ha, yes, Thomas. We are planning to attack a nation with superior allies. We'll attack you with our untrained military, with our half tested vehicles.

We will not allow foreign troops into our territories. This rebellion isn't easily squashed. It isn't some obvious group of uniformed men fighting our brave soldiers on some battlefield. These are cowardly terrorists hiding, unseen, till they see an opportunity and lash out and bomb us or shoot our politicians. It's dangerous over here, but we will not allow the Empire's soldiers in here. They will only make a worse mess."

"Even with a sub-par military, I fail to see why your nation needs its entire armed forces to combat, in your words, "cowardly terrorists hiding, unseen, till they seen an opportunity to lash out" It was the United States who called for this meeting and it seems the only way to end the blockade is to put restrictions on its armed forces, though I will leave that up to the Empire to confirm."

Thomas slowly shrugged. "We have not heard a proposal that would get us to lift the blockade at this time, though some are closer than others. It seems, however, that the United States simply expected a handshake, offering a NAP and Economic treaty, and everything would be sunshine and roses. And when things didn't go their way, they decided to flip off an established and respected world leader. Lesser men would have declared war over that very act alone."

"I would have declared war over that," said Dr. Church, the first words he'd spoken. Thomas smiled.

"Leonard would have declared over that." Thomas leaned forward. "And with what you've just told me about your armed forces, you'd better make me an offer right god damn now that stops me from walking out that door, calling up the head of our armed forces, and wiping your skid-mark nation off the face of the planet forever." Thomas paused for a moment. "This is your last chance to stop yourselves from becoming a footnote, a statistic."

"And we would've declared over you calling us those horrible, unneccesary names. And by giving you that information, I put trust in you. I hope you realize we are sitting here to stop this war. You stop making threats, you don't invade. It seems your nation is just so happy to immediately destroy anyone that goes against it.

If you need it, we shall severely restrict our forces to your liking. You pick the numbers. You pick our military. But, for every person killed by any sort of resistance, you WILL pay their immediate family, if they have any, a sum of 100,000 American dollars. Any death by the resistance will be fully your fault, and you will pay."