What to do at 3999.99 infra?

TheCheat

[quote name='TheCheat' timestamp='1308510521' post='2734832']
So I'm less then 200 infra away from hitting 3999.99 infra. Should I be doing tech teals and saving up for a wonder? Or should I be saving up for the infra jump? Thanks a bunch :o
[/quote]

Begin buying tech at 3999.99 and save for wonder. SM or SSS first.

I was at 3999.99 for maybe around 8 or so months buying wonders every 30 days and buying tech before I moved up to 4999.99. I forget exactly how much I made daily but it was a lot more than 500k. I would forget about the infra jump to 4999.99 and just concentrate on wonders and tech deals but thats just me.

[quote name='TheCheat' timestamp='1308515247' post='2734925']
I dont think I'd be making much more then 500k at 3999.99 infra, so I dont think I Should be buying tech till 4999.99 infra.
[/quote]

In that case your profit issues arnt infra related. You should stop buying infra at 3999 infra and focus on why your income is so low (id expect a nation at that level to be clearing about 2 - 3 mill a day profit).

Read up guides on trade circles...impovement swapping/tax collection cycles etc.

Switch your nuclear preference (under "My Government Position") to "Our government will not sign the treaty because our nation believes in the use of nuclear technology to build power plants, however we do not promote the use of nuclear technology for weapons of mass destruction." You should see a tidy increase in income from that change alone.

Also, are you labor camp swapping?

I just finished up a trade circle, so it's not my trades. I haven't been improvement swapping yet though. I Guess I can get rid of factories for clinics while collecting, and switch those to labour camps when paying bills.

[quote name='TheCheat' timestamp='1308709171' post='2738074']
I just finished up a trade circle, so it's not my trades. I haven't been improvement swapping yet though. I Guess I can get rid of factories for clinics while collecting, and switch those to labour camps when paying bills.
[/quote]

once you get to 3999 infra you shouldn't need factories again for several months at least as you shouldn't need to buy more infra.

So just pay bills with those 5 LC's in and then replace them with economic improvements every week or so when you collect. It will help... then start buying some wonders etc and you should slowly start to improve that income. I wouldn't even bother going for 4999 infra if i were you until youve got about 3 wonders and a healthy warchest saved up now. Just my personal advice, due to fighting in many wars ive had to do that 3999 to 4999 jump many times and Ive always found it a lot of money to spend for little return compared to the infra jumps previous.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm improvement swapping at 3999 infra, and nearly making 4 times as much as I stated I was at the beginning of the thread. :smug: Now it's time to start saving for wonders. What order would you reccommend them? I can't decide between a stock market or a SSS first (unless I'm missing one.) I was thinking of getting a interstate after those two, but I don't think I'll be buying infra within those 2 months, so I think I should put that off for a while. What wonders would you guys recommend after those ones? I was thinking a DRA, the citizen bonus and extra aid slot would help alot with my tech deals while I save up money.

[quote name='TheCheat' timestamp='1309463634' post='2745270']
So I'm improvement swapping at 3999 infra, and nearly making 4 times as much as I stated I was at the beginning of the thread. :smug: Now it's time to start saving for wonders. What order would you reccommend them? I can't decide between a stock market or a SSS first (unless I'm missing one.) I was thinking of getting a interstate after those two, but I don't think I'll be buying infra within those 2 months, so I think I should put that off for a while. What wonders would you guys recommend after those ones? I was thinking a DRA, the citizen bonus and extra aid slot would help alot with my tech deals while I save up money.
[/quote]

The Interstate doesn't really pay off until you hit 4999, at the least; while you'll save on bills, the econ wonders will be superior. There are a few different resources (like CN Calc) that you can use to play around with different configurations to be sure that you're maximizing collections, and they'll tell you which of the possible wonder choices will result in the biggest jump.

Looking at your nation, I'd bet that carrying a border wall or two at collection time, in place of the churches/intelligence agencies if need be, would probably wring out a little extra cash; as you're importing uranium, coal and oil, your environment is probably GRL + 2 at best.

[quote name='TheCheat' timestamp='1309463634' post='2745270']
[/quote]

I'd Go SM first... then probably SSS or NRL second... then you need to seriously think about your nations firepower.

Due to global wars every six months or so you need to do one of two things A - join a "neutral/hippie" alliance... or B consider getting nukes via the MP wonder.

Its not uncommon to get all your infra wiped back to zero once or twice a year in wars so remember the value of wonders they will stick with you no matter how much heat you take.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been at the 3999 barrier a lot with this nation and my previous one. My best bit of advise is to get on the wonder track immediately and don't buy tech unless you have a decent warchest. What you should be focussing on is getting over the 3999 infra barrier. If you are buying tech at 15m a month (assuming all the deals are successful, for a start), saving up for a 150m+ warchest, getting money for the infra jump and buying wonders that are 35m+ then you are going to be spending a very long time at only 3999 infra. After 3-5 economic wonders, you want to get the MP, and it is difficult to support nukes and grow your nation at only 4k infra as your income levels are not high enough. You need to be at 5-6k infra. So in the 4-6 months from when you start buying wonders to when you can get the MP, you need to significantly increase your infra level. If you don't buy tech until you make the infra jump, this is far more manageable. Sure, a war might pop up and you will be ineffective without much tech, but if you have a decent amount of economic wonders you will be able to regrow quickly and build up your tech for the next time (also, tech is more of a hindrance than a help at low infra levels (pre-MP) because the tech inflates your nation's NS more than infra does, meaning you will be fighting larger nations than yourself. Unless you have the warchest to compete successfully, then your nation will get stomped on).

Also remember that is is more efficient for you to buy the first 250 tech yourself. As a rule of thumb, I would say buy the first 400 tech yourself.

Note - people with larger nations with probably disagree with this, but it is honestly the best bit of advise I can give. For further details - see my nation :s

Wonder order is always SM>SSS (SSS is better, but costs more). After then, DRA if you're tech dealing at 5 slots every time. If not, Internet = GT = NRL > GM. Nukes when you can afford them, and get the SDI around the same time too.

• 4 weeks later...