Congrats, Leprechaun!

Schad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1308449038' post='2734325']
As an Irishman, I can tell you there's really only 2 kinds of Irish luck. Bad, or worse. So perhaps you are right and there wasn't much luck involved here. :P
[/quote]

I'm of Irish descent myself (both sides of the family, two or three generations removed), and I have to agree...in fact, if he truly had the luck of the Irish, he probably would have spent all of his resources getting the beer BR :P

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308425266' post='2734087']
had you made some real moves towards a victory you'd be in a much better position.
[/quote]

Like slot filling? :rolleyes:

[quote name='loboguerrero' timestamp='1308459115' post='2734396']
Like slot filling? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

you repeated an argument that's already been made and debated, well done you, i'll get that blue peter badge for you ASAP, perhaps with your second post you'll add something to the conversation.

(i won't hold my breath)

Edited by lazaraus45

Ah yes, let's bring post count into the conversation. The age old staple of someone incapable of arguing their point.

How am I supposed to argue your defense of "having a change of heart isn't slot filling"? If you don't think what happened here is slot filling (or won't admit it), then nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Nukes aren't mandatory, so as long as they sent one attack, even a dog fight, it's not slot filling. It may be a bit shady but you're accusing them of breaking rules and cheating, which they did not as long as one attack was launched. Don't like it? Admin has a subforum for suggestions, use it.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1308511215' post='2734844']
Nukes aren't mandatory, so as long as they sent one attack, even a dog fight, it's not slot filling. It may be a bit shady but you're accusing them of breaking rules and cheating, which they did not as long as one attack was launched. Don't like it? Admin has a subforum for suggestions, use it.
[/quote]
I suggest you look at what the precedents were for slot filling in rounds past. What you said is not true.

As Lazaraus mentioned, that topic has already been heavily debated. I will once again state it for records sake, no slot filling occurred, we don't roll that way. If you honestly believe there wasn't hard work and dedication put into our victory, you're dead wrong, or even if you believe that we cheated. I too realize that I won't be able to change your mind, and guess what? I'm over that. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. Anyways, Move on... Round 18, here we come.

Also, please stop trying to deny the fact that Rohirrim belonged to Pork Shrimp. I mean, there are hints everywhere- For one, why did bcortell only report Overlord Wes and SourDiesel, when Doctor from Rohirrim was also on him. There are things I don't understand, and that is one of them.

I'm done discussing this topic.

Confusion.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1308511215' post='2734844']
[/quote]

As far as I know, all attacks went through- I have no idea why the nuke didn't. There's a reason for everything, for example, McShamus couldn't nuke any of his opponents because he was trying to win the flag and needed the NS for the win. As I said before, though- the rounds over, just move on.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1308512778' post='2734871']
As Lazaraus mentioned, that topic has already been heavily debated. I will once again state it for records sake, no slot filling occurred, we don't roll that way. If you honestly believe there wasn't hard work and dedication put into our victory, you're dead wrong, or even if you believe that we cheated. I too realize that I won't be able to change your mind, and guess what? I'm over that. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. Anyways, Move on... Round 18, here we come.

Also, please stop trying to deny the fact that Rohirrim belonged to Pork Shrimp. I mean, there are hints everywhere- For one, why did bcortell only report Overlord Wes and SourDiesel, when Doctor from Rohirrim was also on him. There are things I don't understand, and that is one of them.

[/quote]
The Rohirrim guy wasn't able to nuke him on the 17th.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1308512558' post='2734865']
I suggest you look at what the precedents were for slot filling in rounds past. What you said is not true.
[/quote]

Most flag runs begin and end in luck.

Round 16 with the G-6 flag run I was fighting someone from OP (who had no money) and choose not to nuke him unsure of where his NA was, but feeling I still had a day. He got out of NA, collected and came back at me. So obviously he was slot filling.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1308513371' post='2734886']
Most flag runs begin and end in luck.

Round 16 with the G-6 flag run I was fighting someone from OP (who had no money) and choose not to nuke him unsure of where his NA was, but feeling I still had a day. He got out of NA, collected and came back at me. So obviously he was slot filling.
[/quote]
Difference in that is that you were the attacker and the OP guy was broke, the RD guy attacked Leprechaun, and unless he was a complete moron, and was not broke.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1308512934' post='2734873']
As far as I know, all attacks went through- I have no idea why the nuke didn't.

Confusion.
[/quote]

Heh, Lazaraus states that SomaTheGreat was talking around to holding fire, presumably from fears of a Pork Shrimp win (it's worth noting again that we don't win whether he nukes him or not, so if that was the reason, it was a clever move, if not a wholly honest one); you, on the other hand, just attribute it to forgetfulness, I guess, despite the fact that Soma read a PM gently reminding him that he'd forgotten a target.

[quote]There's a reason for everything[/quote]

Indeed. Lazaraus' account of that reason might be correct, but I don't believe yours is.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1308514375' post='2734909']
Difference in that is that you were the attacker and the OP guy was broke, the RD guy attacked Leprechaun, and unless he was a complete moron, and was not broke.
[/quote]

I think admin said it was 2 days at the lowest to get out of NA. Which I'm pretty sure is basically 24hours+a few minutes chance of getting nuked. So if he wasn't nuked one day out of the however long people were on him he got out of NA. (if i'm thinking right)

So it's slot filling because he wasn't nuked one day. HA!

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308514594' post='2734912']
Heh, Lazaraus states that SomaTheGreat was talking around to holding fire, presumably from fears of a Pork Shrimp win (it's worth noting again that we don't win whether he nukes him or not, so if that was the reason, it was a clever move, if not a wholly honest one); you, on the other hand, just attribute it to forgetfulness, I guess, despite the fact that Soma read a PM gently reminding him that he'd forgotten a target.

Indeed. Lazaraus' account of that reason might be correct, but I don't believe yours is.
[/quote]

I never said he forgot... I'm not SomaTheGreat, nor do I know the guy (If I did, things would've gone way differently). Please stop denying that Rohirrim belonged to Pork Shrimp. Everything would go so much smoother.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1308515516' post='2734930']
I never said he forgot... I'm not SomaTheGreat, nor do I know the guy (If I did, things would've gone way differently). Please stop denying that Rohirrim belonged to Pork Shrimp. Everything would go so much smoother.

Confusion.
[/quote]

No Rohirrim nations even finished in the top three; hence, if it was the spectre of Pork Shrimp that caused him to hold fire, as Laz stated, it was clever, but not at all accurate.

It's Larry Bird of (I think) CRABS who has the biggest specific complaint, having finished second...those of us who are drawing attention to this wouldn't have won regardless, but we're still annoyed that the winner was decided in such a manner.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308516281' post='2734945']
No Rohirrim nations even finished in the top three; hence, if it was the spectre of Pork Shrimp that caused him to hold fire, as Laz stated, it was clever, but not at all accurate.

It's Larry Bird of (I think) CRABS who has the biggest specific complaint, having finished second...those of us who are drawing attention to this wouldn't have won regardless, but we're still annoyed that the winner was decided in such a manner.
[/quote]

Rohirrim/CRABS are working together, it was pretty obvious from one look at French Licks War Slots. Anyways, it's a done deal- All of us will believe what we want to believe and what not.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1308516401' post='2734948']
Rohirrim/CRABS are working together, it was pretty obvious from one look at French Licks War Slots. Anyways, it's a done deal- All of us will believe what we want to believe and what not.

Confusion.
[/quote]

Heh, one of PS' nations (David Wingate) anarchied French Lick, who was on a 17-day back-collect...that cost him the flag. If PS = Roh, and Roh = CRABS, why would we have done that?

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308518790' post='2734972']
Heh, one of PS' nations (David Wingate) anarchied French Lick, who was on a 17-day back-collect...that cost him the flag. If PS = Roh, and Roh = CRABS, why would we have done that?
[/quote]

Miscommunication? Failing to pull a punch properly before the KO?

Or more likely, not pulling the punch at all? There's nothing wrong with organizing a decoy war to mislead people from seeing you flag run, confuse people on what sides they're on, or discourage non-flag chasers from attacking an alliance recently at war. But it is wrong to not do full damage if you're occupying a war slot, and I'm guessing PS would be the type to do full damage even with a decoy attack.

Not saying that this is what happened, just that it's a weak argument :P

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1308533840' post='2735269']
Miscommunication? Failing to pull a punch properly before the KO?

Or more likely, not pulling the punch at all? There's nothing wrong with organizing a decoy war to mislead people from seeing you flag run, confuse people on what sides they're on, or discourage non-flag chasers from attacking an alliance recently at war. But it is wrong to not do full damage if you're occupying a war slot, and I'm guessing PS would be the type to do full damage even with a decoy attack.

Not saying that this is what happened, just that it's a weak argument :P
[/quote]

Heh, that attack probably cost him $30-50m, and the flag; we saw him on the verge of anarchy, and finished off the job. That's one hell of a decoy attack. :P

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308534794' post='2735289']
Heh, that attack probably cost him $30-50m, and the flag; we saw him on the verge of anarchy, and finished off the job. That's one hell of a decoy attack. :P
[/quote]

I can't believe anyone would think we'd F the pooch that badly on our own runner...lol

LE did it's best to shed infra and take out runners. It was a surprise to see the flag runner accusations from folks that have been around long enough to know better. Some people never get it I guess.