Congrats, Leprechaun!

Schad

It took the luck of the Irish, but you're going to win this round! Congrats on a remarkable string of good luck...you survived taking roughly 10 infra in damage over several days against your otherwise-active Gay Rollers opponent earlier in the round, you found two opponents who declared upon you within seconds of update but somehow forgot to nuke you on the date which would keep you in nuclear anarchy through the end of the round, and then fortuitously one of them -- who was active enough to read that PM prior to update -- remembered to nuke you after you'd collected (at a point when doing so actually [i]helped[/i] you)!

Such good luck should be commended...my sincere congratulations for your good fortune here in Round 18!

Edited by Schad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What a joke. Guess it was our(TE) fauld for not being quick enough on the hugger. :ph34r:

But.....More destruction than I can ever remember in a TE round, though(for the rest of us at least). I had a great time. Even through the "LE IS FLAG RUNNING!!!!" stuffs. Ya'll should know this by now. We build it up to burn it down. Hope everyone else had as good a time as I did. :)

Salute!

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1308378833' post='2733752']
Wow. What a joke. Guess it was our(TE) fauld for not being quick enough on the hugger. :ph34r:

But.....More destruction than I can ever remember in a TE round, though(for the rest of us at least). I had a great time. Even through the "LE IS FLAG RUNNING!!!!" stuffs. Ya'll should know this by now. We build it up to burn it down. Hope everyone else had as good a time as I did. :)

Salute!
[/quote]

I wish you and I would have fought earlier on in the round. I feel it would've been more enjoyable. Even so, it was still a good time. See you next round. :)

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308381730' post='2733773']
luck of the irish?

assuming that he wins the round i'd say that it could be that he's simply the best runner in TE, as i think 2 consecutive wins would show :awesome:
[/quote]

So last round, Synergy, G-6 and Duckroll worked together...and this round, a member of Synergy happened to hit the winner of the previous round (from Duckroll/G-6) seconds after update, then was "away" when it came time to nuke him? What are the odds! What a remarkable series of coincidences it is that has led him to win this round!

Edited by Schad

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308382346' post='2733785']
Just because it fits your argument doesn't make it true, how was Synergy helping us last round?
[/quote]

I haven't made an argument...I'm just pointing out the remarkable series of coincidences that led Leprechaun to fight three nations -- one from GR, one from Synergy and one from RD -- all of who were active but somehow forgot to do any meaningful damage to him. Like I said: luck of the Irish, that.

Ha, some passive aggression there :P

I wouldn't call it luck entirely.

[quote]Most Money Earned
1) $299,097,283 Earned - McShamus of Leprechaun - Black Team
2) $207,301,009 Earned - Shinful of Taliesin - Red Team
3) $205,615,474 Earned - FooBar of Zyzzlvaria - Red Team
4) $202,009,550 Earned - Priest of Sanctuary - Blue Team
5) $197,611,245 Earned - The Programmer of Warzone 2200 - Black Team [/quote]
[mine is at 150M :)]

He collected far, far more than the others in the round, and his final position reflects that. He is a very skilled, experienced runner. He did get a hell lot of infra ripped off and was nuked quite badly, p. sure he collected in anarchy. However, he did get a very long period at very high infra on TPC, which I think everyone saw. Nobody took him down early enough :P

Of course some element of luck there, but not a lot.

But hey, I loved this round. Everything was so utterly destroyed. I was hit two weeks straight with nukes and stayed in top 5% while roguing, with no NS whoring; only shows how much damage everyone else took. If that's what flag runs are like, we should do it again some other time. Kudos on the fun round.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1308388927' post='2733813']

He collected far, far more than the others in the round, and his final position reflects that. He is a very skilled, experienced runner. He did get a hell lot of infra ripped off and was nuked quite badly, p. sure he collected in anarchy. However, he did get a very long period at very high infra on TPC, which I think everyone saw. Nobody took him down early enough :P[/quote]

Agreed. However, none of that would have mattered if not for the slot-filling that occurred.

[quote]
But hey, I loved this round. Everything was so utterly destroyed. I was hit two weeks straight with nukes and stayed in top 5% while roguing, with no NS whoring; only shows how much damage everyone else took. If that's what flag runs are like, we should do it again some other time. Kudos on the fun round.
[/quote]

Agreed again. I enjoyed this round quite a bit; it's why it's a shame that the winner will be the nation who found a couple people that would instantly jump to grab his slots, but had no intention of inflicting any damage after doing so.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308389451' post='2733815']
Agreed. However, none of that would have mattered if not for the slot-filling that occurred.

Agreed again. I enjoyed this round quite a bit; it's why it's a shame that the winner will be the nation who found a couple people that would instantly jump to grab his slots, but had no intention of inflicting any damage after doing so.
[/quote]
So now its not luck of the irish its slot filling ;D

But I had a fun round. And I wouldnt call it over, until its over

Fun round guys :wub:

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308382205' post='2733782']
So last round, Synergy, G-6 and Duckroll worked together...and this round, a member of Synergy happened to hit the winner of the previous round (from Duckroll/G-6) seconds after update, then was "away" when it came time to nuke him? What are the odds! What a remarkable series of coincidences it is that has led him to win this round!
[/quote]

I do recall StevieG sending Rogues on us while we had a nation in the top 10 with a 45 mil WC last round. So blame Wes for being away and attending RL issues or perhaps he was in bed because it was 1 am?

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1308411750' post='2733950']
Congrats. I know GR did a lot to ensure your protection throughout the entire round, so well played by them.

No one's to blame, but should have taken you out earlier.
[/quote]

Considering he was at 4000 infras at Day 30ish for quite some time. Probably :P

If McShamus managed to not get hit for a full 20 or so days in the later stages of the round without slot-filling; then good on him.

You can't take anything away from him for that.

Looking forward to next round. Should be a blast. :v:

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1308413118' post='2733967']
If McShamus managed to not get hit for a full 20 or so days in the later stages of the round without slot-filling; then good on him.

You can't take anything away from him for that.

Looking forward to next round. Should be a blast. :v:
[/quote]
Your getting me excited already :excl:

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308382450' post='2733786']
I haven't made an argument...I'm just pointing out the remarkable series of coincidences that led Leprechaun to fight three nations -- one from GR, one from Synergy and one from RD -- all of who were active but somehow forgot to do any meaningful damage to him. Like I said: luck of the Irish, that.
[/quote]

From my understanding he was down to about 1300 infra or so. From 4000

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1308421717' post='2734058']
From my understanding he was down to about 1300 infra or so. From 4000
[/quote]

There's no doubt that he played well and is an extremely good builder; he did take a tonne of damage along the way. However, that doesn't change the simple reality, which is that he gained an extra $30m or thereabouts because that RD nation rushed in to fill a slot six seconds after update. Wes might've been away; the RD guy, who nuked all of his opponents but Leprechaun, sure wasn't.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308422952' post='2734065']
There's no doubt that he played well and is an extremely good builder; he did take a tonne of damage along the way. However, that doesn't change the simple reality, which is that he gained an extra $30m or thereabouts because that RD nation rushed in to fill a slot six seconds after update. Wes might've been away; the RD guy, who nuked all of his opponents but Leprechaun, sure wasn't.
[/quote]

You can't undo a nuke, it's possible the RD guy was not slot filling, that he declared with full intention of destroying Leprechaun, but was tipped off at update as to which parties he would be letting win if he launched that nuke and decided not to.

You don't have to believe me but he's not one of ours, i can't speak for what decisions he made, i gave some friendly advice, he acted or rather didn't act upon it.

If you want to find the real reason you lost just look at this thread, while we made moves to eliminate the competition, PS apparently based it's strategy around crying on the OWF, all i saw from you and Bcortell was attempts to draw attention away from Rohirrim where possible and crying when they got hit, had you made some real moves towards a victory you'd be in a much better position.

Have the good grace to lose with some dignity, your conspiracies are somewhat below what i expect from PS

All of this, of course is assuming leprechaun wins, which isn't even a given at this point

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308425266' post='2734087']
You can't undo a nuke, it's possible the RD guy was not slot filling, that he declared with full intention of destroying Leprechaun, but was tipped off at update as to which parties he would be letting win if he launched that nuke and decided not to.

You don't have to believe me but he's not one of ours, i can't speak for what decisions he made, i gave some friendly advice, he acted or rather didn't act upon it.

If you want to find the real reason you lost just look at this thread, while we made moves to eliminate the competition, PS apparently based it's strategy around crying on the OWF, all i saw from you and Bcortell was attempts to draw attention away from Rohirrim where possible and crying when they got hit, had you made some real moves towards a victory you'd be in a much better position.

Have the good grace to lose with some dignity, your conspiracies are somewhat below what i expect from PS

All of this, of course is assuming leprechaun wins, which isn't even a given at this point
[/quote]
Well, you bring up some good points. Do continue.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308425266' post='2734087']

[/quote]

So your suggestion is that he perhaps didn't declare with the intention of slot-filling, it just kinda turned into one. When you've been busted enough times for doing something, and again do something that looks remarkably similar, people are going to see a pattern there.

[quote]If you want to find the real reason you lost just look at this thread, while we made moves to eliminate the competition, PS apparently based it's strategy around crying on the OWF, all i saw from you and Bcortell was attempts to draw attention away from Rohirrim where possible and crying when they got hit, had you made some real moves towards a victory you'd be in a much better position.

Have the good grace to lose with some dignity, your conspiracies are somewhat below what i expect from PS[/quote]

Every round we see the same bloody thing, and often from the same people; the end-of-round war slot filling has been endemic since I started playing ten rounds ago, and it has shown no signs of abating. Go back through the forum (heh, I'm not actually recommending this) and you'll find complaints from me about it in rounds where we didn't even have a nation finish in the top 30.

[quote]
[/quote]

Heh, it's pretty close to a mortal lock.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1308426063' post='2734097']
So your suggestion is that he perhaps didn't declare with the intention of slot-filling, it just kinda turned into one. When you've been busted enough times for doing something, and again do something that looks remarkably similar, people are going to see a pattern there.
[/quote]

No, having a change of heart isn't slot filling, for all we know he sent a peace offer to free up that slot but it was never accepted,

Every round we see the same bloody thing, and often from the same people; the end-of-round war slot filling has been endemic since I started playing ten rounds ago, and it has shown no signs of abating. Go back through the forum (heh, I'm not actually recommending this) and you'll find complaints from me about it in rounds where we didn't even have a nation finish in the top 30.
[/quote]

That's fair enough.

Heh, it's pretty close to a mortal lock.
[/quote]

I'm not familiar with the term?

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1308426443' post='2734100']
No, having a change of heart isn't slot filling, for all we know he sent a peace offer to free up that slot but it was never accepted,[/quote]

But people are necessarily going to factor history into their assumptions, and there's a lot of history there.

You may be right that a change in heart doesn't equate to anything untoward, but I wonder what the precedent might mean...heh, we might be seeing a lot of changes in heart going forward.

[quote]
I'm not familiar with the term?
[/quote]

It means that he's really, really likely to win. Might've been anyway, but pulling that punch sealed it.

Pork Shrimp, I'm going to let you finish and all but.. just because the chances of your mini-AA Rohirrim winning aren't good at the moment doesn't mean that you should be sore losers too. Just Sayin' :smug:

Confusion.