Athens Announcement

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1308275701' post='2732789']
Bloody protecting another crap micro. I smell JGoods hand in this debacle.
[/quote]

As a former Sovereign, Regent, longest serving Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, Minister at Large, member since the beginning of the noCB war, retired government,Eponymos Emeritus and Archon of Athens, I resent this ;_;

In all seriousness, I am going to miss this alliance, an alliance I considered home for the past two years and it saddens me deeply to see her go. But now we have to look to the future and I am liking what I am seeing.

o/Athens
o/The Last Remnants
o/CnG

Remnants of what?

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1308278768' post='2732824']
I feel like everyone in this thread is in cahoots except me.
[/quote]
It's different without spies :P Still getting used to it.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1308278289' post='2732815']
This thread has a nauseating level of people "in the know."
[/quote]
keeping secrets is not an average characteristic of those who make up this community...

[quote name='Edward Reed' timestamp='1308282702' post='2732873']
oh great another TLR...we beat you by about 8 months :P
[/quote]

Except zero people care about a Legion protectorate so it doesn't matter how long you were here.

Edited by Mathias

I remember Athens before it was Athens. I remember the strong friendship that developed when we isolated, and how we fought the world together. I remember how we rebuilt, achieved our revenge, and bettered our condition together. I remember all the fun times that were had, on IRC and elsewhere. It's been a long road, and it's sad to see Athens as an identity go. Ultimately though, it's best to look towards the future and I think that this is a wise move and will hopefully lead y'all to greater heights.

o/ Athens
o/ C&G
o/ The Last Remnants

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1308282851' post='2732875']
Except zero people care about a Legion protectorate so it doesn't matter how long you were here.
[/quote]

rude :P

<3 Mathias

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308283185' post='2732877']
Actually, I am a little disappointed. I had told Rush Athens was next. :(
[/quote]

We offered you membership multiple times and you said no >:|

<3 Omi

So judging by the former AAs of its members, The Last Remnants is at least a splinter of Athens and, if I'm reading the innuendo right, may even be a successor to Athens itself after Athens' disbandment.

I know the cryptic stuff is fun for you, but sometimes just getting to the point is better. Especially if this is Athens' disbandment notice. I know a lot of people, including myself, would want to say goodbye if it was.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1308284362' post='2732888']
So judging by the former AAs of its members, The Last Remnants is at least a splinter of Athens and, if I'm reading the innuendo right, may even be a successor to Athens itself after Athens' disbandment.

I know the cryptic stuff is fun for you, but sometimes just getting to the point is better. Especially if this is Athens' disbandment notice. I know a lot of people, including myself, would want to say goodbye if it was.
[/quote]

Seriously? This is like the worst kept secret ever, well behind the formation of Pandora's Box. How do you not know what this is about?

Anyways, good luck to TLR I look forward to working with you guys in the future, good luck to Athens as well.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308284548' post='2732890']
Seriously? This is like the worst kept secret ever, well behind the formation of Pandora's Box. How do you not know what this is about?

Anyways, good luck to TLR I look forward to working with you guys in the future, good luck to Athens as well.
[/quote]
I'm not allied to anyone that's allied to Athens. I'm only paid to care about what my allies are doing. Except for when they're threatening my alliance or my allies, I could not care less about what anyone in CnG, PB, DH, SF, or any other bloc/alliance that I'm not allied to is doing.

A couple years ago, I enjoyed playing the rumor mill, but now, I just don't have the time or the desire to seek out intel that doesn't directly concern me.

Edit: Good luck to the former and soon to be former members of Athens. I've had the pleasure to work with members of The Revolution, Camelot, Atlantic Shadow Confederation, and Athens over the last four years and although many of your post Karma antics were facepalm worthy to me, in balance, you were a decent alliance and I'm sorry to see you go.

Edited by Duncan King