They see me rollin'

dealmaster13

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1308236691' post='2732420']
True.

The reason I stated, however, is the reason why admin will never change it. Admin receives his living through CN donations. He may have another job, but I know enough people that buy donations every month that I know Admin is receiving more through donations every month than I make at my job. (mind you, I'm a student)

If Admin changes the value of tech and makes all of Hime Themis's tech worthless, she, and everyone else who buys donations will stop buying donations.

That is why it can never be changed.

2+2, really.
[/quote]
The donations can be altered as well to provide a bigger boost.

I know, crazy, huh.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1308198064' post='2732253']
Having the #1 nation in CyberNations so almost 20,000 people [i]worldwide[/i] will be jealous of your achievement ^_^
[/quote]
You can take one off that list, as I think it's a sad ambition in this game.

And well done on the warchest O.A. ;)

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1308241244' post='2732472']
Then what would be the point of altering it in the first place?
[/quote]
Meh.

I'm not gonna lie, I dislike people who buy their way to the top like that. I mean, I donated in the past. I'm responsible for netting admin at least $300, even if much of that was not out of my own pocket. But there is a point where it is just over the top. Hime Themis has crossed that line, and looped around the globe to cross it again.

You're right, though; Admin isn't going to do anything that might pose even a slight risk to his income stream. Doesn't mean it wouldn't make the game better. I disagree as to the impact that raising the cap to, oh, say, $6m, or even $10m, might have on the game, but the point does still stand.

It is one of the bigger problems with this game, though. And you do have to weigh alienating a handful of people like Hime Themis, versus making the game better and increasing membership by thousands. Doubling or tripling the aid cap would give new nations a fighting chance.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308250891' post='2732561']
Meh.

I'm not gonna lie, I dislike people who buy their way to the top like that. I mean, I donated in the past. I'm responsible for netting admin at least $300, even if much of that was not out of my own pocket. But there is a point where it is just over the top. Hime Themis has crossed that line, and looped around the globe to cross it again.

You're right, though; Admin isn't going to do anything that might pose even a slight risk to his income stream. Doesn't mean it wouldn't make the game better. I disagree as to the impact that raising the cap to, oh, say, $6m, or even $10m, might have on the game, but the point does still stand.

It is one of the bigger problems with this game, though. And you do have to weigh alienating a handful of people like Hime Themis, versus making the game better and increasing membership by thousands. Doubling or tripling the aid cap would give new nations a fighting chance.
[/quote]
When this world is dead, Hime Themis is going to throw one hell of a wobbly :P

Unless he's secretly rich.

Doubling or tripling the aid cap would give new nations a fighting chance.
[/quote]

I really think that anything that lets a new nation get ahead faster lets everyone get ahead faster, so it's moot, imo.

[/quote]

I think it's great that they're buying their way to the top. I feel a little guilty about not paying $5 (or whatever) for this game, and it's great that we've actually made a community fun enough for someone else to pay for it. For all the times we broke the server on update, for all the 20 page flame wars we've started on the OWF, someone has to pay for server costs. And someone does. And that's only a good thing, considering the person paying some of the most is semi-neutral.

It's not like Hime Themis really hurts people with all her tech. I guess some people do buy tech to blow up other nations; it's their choice, and they get nuked by someone else (of similar size), they lose all that precious tech/infra/land/money. They just recover a bit faster.

Nice to know people are chatting away here.

I've been around for a good 4 or so years now, during which I have fought through a war or more, so I have had to rebuy all of my infra at some point or another, or have to sit out in peace mode for a few months or whatever; and while I feel even finding the integrity to keep a nation for so long is impressive in itself, I thought it would be worth a mention to celebrate a long string of finding out that you're 18 days inactive and building up that ever growing pile of cash. Nothing more, nothing less.

As to the hundreds of you asking me to buy land, which I found quite frankly a surprise, I think I'd pass on that one, recalling how much land cost (almost double what infra does at my level) before I lost it all in war.

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1308124528' post='2731774']
Even if he did spend 10 billion on infra, he'd only be able to buy less than 9000 infra, starting at 20900 infra. Only a 27,000 ns gain.
Whereas spending 10 billion on tech, he'd be able to buy 7720 tech, which would actually add 38,600 ns.
[/quote]

I think you may be misinformed here, but I'll forgive you as you may not have had first hand experience. I'd actually be able to comfortably get past 35000 infra provided that there are no significant price jumps, whilst your tech estimation is largely correct.

I definitely won't buy tech though, as I've had the opportunity to tech deal over the past year, however haven't bothered to do so due to inactivity issues.

Also, looking at Haflinger's [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102605&view=findpost&p=2732373"]post[/url], am I right in thinking that Hime Themis has recently been (controlled) raiding, because that's some serious land (s)he's got there.

Hello Jens, James Maximus and zoomy :) zoomy still thinks that you might be a girl, Jens, and I hoped that zoomy would be proud of this moment having spent so much cash over the years on gather intels ^_^

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1308236691' post='2732420']
If Admin changes the value of tech and makes all of Hime Themis's tech worthless, she, and everyone else who buys donations will stop buying donations.
[/quote]
I kinda doubt that this statement would apply to this particular individual, actually.

I think it is probably generally true of a number of donation buyers though: if donations lead to less tangible benefits to one's nation, then donations will become less valued and thus made less frequently.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308251557' post='2732571']
When this world is dead, Hime Themis is going to throw one hell of a wobbly :P

Unless he's secretly rich.
[/quote]
[ooc]Hime Themis' player has not experienced any kind of financial hardship for CN.[/ooc]

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1308255561' post='2732604']
I think you may be misinformed here, but I'll forgive you as you may not have had first hand experience. I'd actually be able to comfortably get past 35000 infra provided that there are no significant price jumps, whilst your tech estimation is largely correct.
[/quote]

Hmm weird. I must have put a wrong number somewhere because it only showed about 9000 infra the first time, but now its telling me 15800 infra. Whoops.

Edited by Ninja Colt

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1308255561' post='2732604']
As to the hundreds of you [b]asking me to buy land[/b], which I found quite frankly a surprise, I think I'd pass on that one, recalling how much land cost (almost double what infra does at my level) before I lost it all in war.

Hello Jens, James Maximus and zoomy :) [b]zoomy still thinks that you might be a girl, Jens,[/b] and I hoped that zoomy would be proud of this moment having spent so much cash over the years on gather intels ^_^
[/quote]
Fyi they're trolling :P

Don't know how to respond to this :wacko: