They see me rollin'

dealmaster13

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if admin changed the cap on Foreign Ministries from 1 to 5 then tech levels would only increase by 200 every ten days which would not be that great, and it would allow smaller nations to have increased growth rates there for getting them into the range where wars are more fun quicker.

also congrats on the money, now blow every last bit on infra and push your NS so high no one in the game can reach you, then randomly ghost alliances in the ASR just to mess with the stats.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1307901877' post='2729937']
That's just not practical. Couldn't be done. With nations like Hime Themis's having spent hundreds of real dollars to acquire tech in those quantities, you can't just go and change it's value.
[/quote]
Just hundreds? More like well into four digits.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1308107501' post='2731638']
also congrats on the money, now blow every last bit on infra and push your NS so high no one in the game can reach you, then randomly ghost alliances in the ASR just to mess with the stats.
[/quote]

Even if he did spend 10 billion on infra, he'd only be able to buy less than 9000 infra, starting at 20900 infra. Only a 27,000 ns gain.
Whereas spending 10 billion on tech, he'd be able to buy 7720 tech, which would actually add 38,600 ns.

But you're forgetting the +250/-250 rule by the way.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1308126047' post='2731776']
thanks for saying what i came to say.

stop hugging infra and man up
[/quote]

He's not as bad as others. He actively fought in bipolar against Sparta, including Hellas. He just happened to have billions back then as well and jumped to 20k in a day from ~4k infra.

Of course I poke fun at him for this last war too.

With nations like Hime Themis's [u][b]having spent hundreds of real dollars to acquire tech in those quantities[/b][/u], you can't just go and change it's value.
[/quote]
Are you serious?

That's just not practical. Couldn't be done. With nations like Hime Themis's having spent hundreds of real dollars to acquire tech in those quantities, you can't just go and change it's value.
[/quote]
Tech, and everything else in this game, has a cash value of zero dollars. They're numbers and stats stored on a server owned by one man. You don't own anything here, you were granted a privilege to play the game and to have a nation on his server.

Donations are just that, donations. In return, Admin gives you a boost to your nation as thanks. He is [i]not[/i] selling you any sort of product, and he has [i]no[/i] responsibility to maintain some imaginary, perceived "value" on the boost he just gave you.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1308194103' post='2732198']
I thought donations were capped at one per month.

And OP, nice warchest.
[/quote]

But you can buy donations for other nations in return for favours :) tech, money and alike. So you get your 6 slots filled 3 times per month with $4.5cash / 50 tech and your going to climb the ranks pretty quick, dump one on yourself and your lauhghing.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1308195113' post='2732209']
But you can buy donations for other nations in return for favours :) tech, money and alike. So you get your 6 slots filled 3 times per month with $4.5cash / 50 tech and your going to climb the ranks pretty quick, dump one on yourself and your lauhghing.
[/quote]
Whats the point though?

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1308126047' post='2731776']
thanks for saying what i came to say.

stop hugging infra and man up
[/quote]
Doesn't help that most of the alliances his alliance fought last war didn't offer him much if any chance to fight. That's not his fault.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1308199001' post='2732263']
Doesn't help that most of the alliances his alliance fought last war didn't offer him much if any chance to fight. That's not his fault.
[/quote]

He was in TOOL during the last war...

Confusion.

[/quote]
Errr, "nations" like Hime Themis'?

Who else is in the category of being similar to Dulra?

For reference:

Technology: 38,821.94
Infrastructure: 28,265.62
Area of Influence: 26,072.779 mile diameter.
18,431.988 in purchases, 5,605.168 in modifiers, 2,035.623 in growth

Number of Soldiers Lost in All Wars. 624,420 Attacking + 490,480 Defending = 1,114,900 Casualties

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308154361' post='2731886']
Tech, and everything else in this game, has a cash value of zero dollars. They're numbers and stats stored on a server owned by one man. You don't own anything here, you were granted a privilege to play the game and to have a nation on his server.

Donations are just that, donations. In return, Admin gives you a boost to your nation as thanks. He is [i]not[/i] selling you any sort of product, and he has [i]no[/i] responsibility to maintain some imaginary, perceived "value" on the boost he just gave you.
[/quote]

True.

The reason I stated, however, is the reason why admin will never change it. Admin receives his living through CN donations. He may have another job, but I know enough people that buy donations every month that I know Admin is receiving more through donations every month than I make at my job. (mind you, I'm a student)

If Admin changes the value of tech and makes all of Hime Themis's tech worthless, she, and everyone else who buys donations will stop buying donations.

That is why it can never be changed.

2+2, really.