[img]http://alekwasframed.com/green_tea/emot-colbert.gif[/img]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1307884339' post='2729790']
Now forgett to log in, get deleted and start over
[/quote]

Closest I've got to is 22 days, and still managed to do a trade swap on the day :smug:

It would be interesting to see how some people would spend their money and what would happen to the CN economy if people with large warchests didn't have aid slot capacity as the main limiter in how much they can buy and with time it takes for aid slots to clear determining the value of deals they do. If someone could pay $1,000,000,000 to another nation for tech, then that nation could use $900,000,000 to buy tech to send the guy who needs tech, then spend $100,000,000 on themselves to make the deal worthwhile, we would be dealing with very different interactions between nations and the type of deals they would be doing.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1307898924' post='2729914']
It would be interesting to see how some people would spend their money and what would happen to the CN economy if people with large warchests didn't have aid slot capacity as the main limiter in how much they can buy and with time it takes for aid slots to clear determining the value of deals they do. If someone could pay $1,000,000,000 to another nation for tech, then that nation could use $900,000,000 to buy tech to send the guy who needs tech, then spend $100,000,000 on themselves to make the deal worthwhile, we would be dealing with very different interactions between nations and the type of deals they would be doing.
[/quote]

Which is probably why admin limits it. Tech inflation would go through the roof. Alternatively, if you kept the cap on how much tech could be sent, you'd have to be awful confident said nation wouldn't delete before the debt was fulfilled (it would take a longggg time).

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1307899468' post='2729917']
Which is probably why admin limits it. Tech inflation would go through the roof. Alternatively, if you kept the cap on how much tech could be sent, you'd have to be awful confident said nation wouldn't delete before the debt was fulfilled (it would take a longggg time).
[/quote]
Wealthy nations would be able to distribute their wealth more, so more money would be spent by larger nations to build up smaller ones. I think it would be worth the inflation if they raised the cap by a huge margin, the game would be more interesting if nations who haven't been around forever or like to fight in wars didn't have the gap between them and the nations who have been hoarding wealth for years made impossible to close due to aid restrictions allowing only insignificant amounts of money to be exchanged between nations in comparison. The game would be more dynamic and allow bigger changes to occur within shorter amounts of time. Tech should also have the cap on how much can be sent increased, its price going up depending how much you buy would limit it somewhat anyways.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1307901877' post='2729937']
That's just not practical. Couldn't be done. With nations like Hime Themis's having spent hundreds of real dollars to acquire tech in those quantities, you can't just go and change it's value.
[/quote]
I've donated before, but that's no argument for not updating game mechanics- you take that risk willingly when you donate.

Ha, congrats on the warchest. With that much money, you don't even have to bother hiding it, it's not like you're going to run out ;) Quite short on tech there, though.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1307898924' post='2729914']
[/quote]

I do not want to see a world with 1B/33k tech deals. I'd break my fingers trying to buy that much tech. Heck, just one 1B/33k tech deal would be enough to make a fresh nation nuclear.

Then again... scamming a billion dollars would be fun.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1307910772' post='2730026']
I've donated before, but that's no argument for not updating game mechanics- you take that risk willingly when you donate.
[/quote]

It's a valid argument for paying for most online games. But the thing about CN and why it's developed in this way is that it's been very persistent. You [i]know[/i] that infra costs/tech/aid slots aren't going to change much any time soon. It becomes worth it to spend some time doing research on getting a better nation build than everyone else or spending money on the game. Heck, look at the massive controversy when admin tweaked environment.

Edited by MrMuz