Official Synergy Announcement

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308013740' post='2730835']
Thank you for forgiving me, but I assure you that outside of a few dick-headed pricks who are still beating the hate Omni drum, they are good people and a good alliance. All of the smack talking about NSO back then happened only out of the loyalty to defend me. You can't really fault most of them for doing that.
[/quote]

I fault you.

I fault you for everything.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308013740' post='2730835']
Thank you for forgiving me, but I assure you that outside of a few dick-headed pricks who are still beating the hate Omni drum, they are good people and a good alliance. All of the smack talking about NSO back then happened only out of the loyalty to defend me. You can't really fault most of them for doing that.
[/quote]

I beat the hate omni drum all the time. :wub:

[quote]In retrospect, Synergy did accomplish something though. ... We have learned ... how to handle the dynamics of an ever changing community...[/quote]

[quote]However time, change, and the flux of the world as we know it moved on so did the concepts, the dreams, the hopes. Today is a sad day as Synergy couldn't meet our expectations, live up to our dreams, and provide for our hopes.[/quote]

Apparently you [i]didn't[/i] learn how to handle change. The only thing you accomplished was to prove that, despite how terrible SF is, they still had the capability to beat you like the red-headed stepchild after you talked back to them. Congratulations on that, and good riddance.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1307995544' post='2730710']
[color="#0000FF"]
Although I've forgiven you for your part in it, my thoughts are GATO are still sour. Aside from a small handful, such as Laserwolf (and one or two others), t[b]here is no one in GATO deserving my respect.[/b] [/color][/quote]

It's ok, we can live without it. :awesome:

[quote][color="#0000FF"]
All that said, Hydro was in NSO either during or shortly before 6 Mil. He has just as much a right to be upset about GATO's conduct during that war as any of us. So please keep that in mind when speaking to him. [/color][/quote]

So by saying this, we are supposed to excuse his blatant idiocy?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1307995544' post='2730710']
[color="#0000FF"]
All that said, Hydro was in NSO either during or shortly before 6 Mil. He has just as much a right to be upset about GATO's conduct during that war as any of us. So please keep that in mind when speaking to him.
[/color]
[/quote]

Nah, I'm pretty sure that he hasn't been with us since he first left to NPO all the while back (Jan '10?).

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1308138587' post='2731820']
Apparently you [i]didn't[/i] learn how to handle change. The only thing you accomplished was to prove that, despite how terrible SF is, they still had the capability to beat you like the red-headed stepchild after you talked back to them. Congratulations on that, and good riddance.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, no one can hear you over the violent sound of your verbal diarrhea. Does it taste good?

[/quote]

1]Synergy never Fought SuperFriends
2]IAA and TIO fought alliances outside of SF
3]TTK and RIA are pretty cool

[/quote]

Don't worry, we'll invite all the ex-Synergy members to put their boots on your throat when we're done with you.

[quote name='Sam Winters' timestamp='1308314819' post='2733036']
Seen it coming since January.

Still sad to see that Synergy never became what the original founders wanted.
[/quote]

I agree with you completely.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Sam Winters' timestamp='1308314819' post='2733036']
Still sad to see that Synergy never became what the original founders wanted.
[/quote]

Not to take anything from Voodoo (or TimLee), because he was great. But had Chimaera/Laserwolf/Ratz*CGB*Rebirth all been in power at the same time, I'd like to think that Synergy would have lived up to expectations.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1308361871' post='2733446']
Not to take anything from Voodoo (or TimLee), because he was great. But had Chimaera/Laserwolf/Ratz*CGB*Rebirth all been in power at the same time, I'd like to think that Synergy would have lived up to expectations.
[/quote]

There was no expectations for Synergy, only a group of friends who were already tied together. Nothing more.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1308362806' post='2733455']
There was no expectations for Synergy, only a group of friends who were already tied together. Nothing more.
[/quote]

Like I said - it didn't live up to expectations. Had there been different leaders I believe there would have been more alliance-to-alliance activity.

Not to take anything away from you, you are one of the most under-appreciated minds on Planet Bob. But Chim maintains IAA's soul. He keeps it in a jar under his bed.

Edited by Conformist Maryland

This bloc never really seemed to have a focus or do anything. The member alliances were tied into different pieces of the web and you never seemed willing to weaken your outside ties to make the bloc important, or attract strong enough alliances to it for it to matter. It's surprising it lasted as long as it did, really.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308342770' post='2733207']
Don't worry, we'll invite all the ex-Synergy members to put their boots on your throat when we're done with you.

I agree with you completely.
[/quote]

I can't wait.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1308396286' post='2733833']
This bloc never really seemed to have a focus or do anything. The member alliances were tied into different pieces of the web and you never seemed willing to weaken your outside ties to make the bloc important, or attract strong enough alliances to it for it to matter. It's surprising it lasted as long as it did, really.
[/quote]

This is quite possibly the most correct post in the history of CN. It seemed as if Synergy just wanted to be a bloc to say "Hey, look,. we are part of a bloc"... nobody was willing to pursue a similar path(it didnt even have to be a uniform path, just a similar one) for the good of the bloc. Its a prime example of why friendship, sometimes, is not enough.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1308396286' post='2733833']
[/quote]

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1308410272' post='2733931']
This is quite possibly the most correct post in the history of CN. It seemed as if Synergy just wanted to be a bloc to say "Hey, look,. we are part of a bloc"... nobody was willing to pursue a similar path(it didnt even have to be a uniform path, just a similar one) for the good of the bloc. Its a prime example of why friendship, sometimes, is not enough.
[/quote]

You have to remember what IAA and GATO were going through at the time Synergy was formed though. There was a split second of rejoicing and hailing and then trouble started that wasn't connected to the bloc. The writers of Synergy never really had a chance to put their plans into action.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1308363069' post='2733461']
Like I said - it didn't live up to expectations. Had there been different leaders I believe there would have been more alliance-to-alliance activity.

Not to take anything away from you, you are one of the most under-appreciated minds on Planet Bob. But Chim maintains IAA's soul. He keeps it in a jar under his bed.
[/quote]
The soul of the Empire is far too vibrant and unique to be kept in a jar. Instead, it is framed over my mantle in a landscape. :P