Official Synergy Announcement

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307926354' post='2730185']
I just did, and GATO only fights when it's forced to fight. As I said before, give them an opportunity to run and they'll run faster than a prairie wind.
[/quote]
No one is ever forced to fight (unless they're attacked...).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did, and GATO only fights when it's forced to fight. As I said before, give them an opportunity to run and they'll run faster than a prairie wind.
[/quote]
Your alliance is no different

[quote name='andyt2k' timestamp='1307887552' post='2729809']
Thank you Hydra, yes this is a GATO move because of an upcoming war against.... well it would have to be TIO, as they have treaties with ourselves and IAA the same level as Synergy.

TIO of course are well known for their lack of strong allies and would easily be rolled and GATO don't want to risk that.

GATO as everyone know's had the power not only to leave Synergy but dissolve it all on their own, that's right it had nothing to do with the rest of us, the fact that GATO made the OP (Someone had to) means it was a cowardly GATO decision to abandon their allies who they are still allied to, to back out of a none existant war.

Sorry GATO but Hydra saw right through your cowardly plan

Muahahahahahahaha
[/quote]

Huh? Not even sure how to take this....

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307920215' post='2730114']
It's nice when alliances actually do that. Too bad GATO isn't one of them, seens how giving GATO a sniff of an incoming war and all you'll see is a cloud of dust off in the distance and the smell of burning rubber.
[/quote]

&

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307923510' post='2730149']
And yet that doesn't change GATO's cowardice.
[/quote]

The amount of [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97321&st=0"]fail[/url] you carry is a big enough burden only for you to handle. :facepalm:

Please learn to not be a hypocrite, let alone being incompetent.

In other events, sad to see this go after all of the hard work put forth into keeping Synergy going. We did a great job and everyone's efforts are greatly appreciated. Best of luck to TIO in their future endeavors.

o/ Synergy
o/ TIO
o/ IAA
o/ LoSS
o/ GATO

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307937362' post='2730346']
People also need to respect that not everyone's FA is going to follow their own, even among allies.

Treaties should be about friendship, not treaty web positioning.
[/quote]
You also shouldn't be making promises you know you won't be able to keep. If I make a decision to support a treaty, it's because I think it's one we'll actually be able to follow up on.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1307940243' post='2730396']
You also shouldn't be making promises you know you won't be able to keep. If I make a decision to support a treaty, it's because I think it's one we'll actually be able to follow up on.
[/quote]

Grämlins is paperless, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

/me pours some of his 40 oz. on the dirt for Synergy
o/ My friends, We did some incredible things together

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307923510' post='2730149']
And yet that doesn't change GATO's cowardice.
[/quote]

Thank God we have your courage and chivalry to took to for example of the heights we may one day reach!
o/ Hydro, truly a person of rare intelligence

Edited by Kubla Khan

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1307906754' post='2729995']
I'm sure your alliance mates understand what I'm talking about. You should talk to them.
[/quote]
It's pretty irrelevant how they feel. In my eyes you're a coward. That's all I was pointing out.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1307936560' post='2730331']
Huh? Not even sure how to take this....

[/quote]

Activate sarcasm mode and it's easier to understand

The point was that people are saying that "GATO" dissolved synergy to avoid a war, I'm pointing out this was s Synergy decision and that GATO just happened to make the announcement because someone had to, and that GATO is still allied to 2/3 of Synergy, who are in turn allied to the other 1/3

This wasn't because of GATO wanting to avoid a made up war, IAA, TIO and ourselves are not under the threat of war and as I said GATO are still tied to IAA and ourselves regardless of Synergy

This wasn't because of anything TIO did, TIO do have a treaty with NPO and like the majority of CN we don't love NPO, but that doesn't change how much TIO kicks A**

Lastly this was nothing to do with the hogging of cheesecake at the Synergy outings by IAA

[/quote]

Seeing as you don't seem to grasp it for yourself, I'm going to spell out the hypocrisy in your post:

1. You hate on GATO because it only fights when it has to (as opposed to... declaring wars because it wants to?).
2. Read the above again very slowly. This is not a point to prove you wrong, it's just making sure you actually took the time to realise why you're wrong.
3. You are a neutral.

If you'd like to bag other alliances for not declaring wars on it's own accord for whatever reason you've attached to the definition of bravery, join MK. At least they're doing something. You, sir, are sitting in your neutral alliance trying to sound every bit the intellectual Planet Bob observer.

I'm sure by this point I don't need to tell you how [i]woefully[/i] incorrect your attempt at observing is.

On the other hand, happy to see Synergy in the past. Didn't work like our alliances thought it would and this is the result. Sad but necessary.

Look at me, dripping sarcasm like every person in this god-forsaken planet. I feel so dirty.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1307959361' post='2730499']
It's pretty irrelevant how they feel. In my eyes you're a coward. That's all I was pointing out.
[/quote]

Even though Omni did screw up during "6 mill", I forgave him and so did most of the allliance. As for my view on GATO, it hasn't

changed much.

Good luck to all alliances in this bloc.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1307906754' post='2729995']
I'm sure your alliance mates understand what I'm talking about. You should talk to them.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually I'm still fairly annoyed about your actions during 6 Mil. Not so much GATO not defending us (I wouldn't expect any of our allies to burn for that tremendous piece of idiocy on our part) so much as it was the badmouthing that came from GATO. I will maintain that were damn good allies to GATO, regardless of what GATO is touting now

Although I've forgiven you for your part in it, my thoughts are GATO are still sour. Aside from a small handful, such as Laserwolf (and one or two others), there is no one in GATO deserving my respect.

All that said, Hydro was in NSO either during or shortly before 6 Mil. He has just as much a right to be upset about GATO's conduct during that war as any of us. So please keep that in mind when speaking to him.

Anyway, wouldn't it have just been easier to kick TIO from Synergy rather than dissolving the bloc?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1307995544' post='2730710']
Anyway, wouldn't it have just been easier to kick TIO from Synergy rather than dissolving the bloc?[/color]
[/quote]
I believe Synergy didn't include a way to remove alliances.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1307999632' post='2730743']
I believe Synergy didn't include a way to remove alliances.
[/quote]

According to the wiki a two-thirds vote would have been sufficient.

[quote]Revocation of Membership

Should a signatory make a decision or take actions inconsistent with the goals and ideals of Synergy, said alliance officials will be contacted in private with all concerns being voiced. Should said alliance continue in such a manner that puts the rest of Synergy in constant, unprovoked danger, the alliance shall be removed by special called vote of all representatives. Upon reaching a two-thirds vote, the alliance will be removed from Synergy. [/quote]

So presumably that wasn't the reason / the only reason for this announcement.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1307999890' post='2730745']
So presumably that wasn't the reason / the only reason for this announcement.
[/quote]

You are a wise wise man Vlad, in actuality this was a decision made by all 4 members recognizing that our Foreign Affairs paths were no longer as good of a match as they used to be, hence the dissolution of Synergy as a whole.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308001997' post='2730764']
You are a wise wise man Vlad, in actuality this was a decision made by all 4 members recognizing that our Foreign Affairs paths were no longer as good of a match as they used to be, hence the dissolution of Synergy as a whole.
[/quote]

Yes, this is the point I've been making, it wasn't a TIO or GATO or IAA or LoSS decision, it was a Synergy alliance about Synergy, not by any alliance, about any alliance, it was a group decision about our group paths.

Much love for IAA, GATO and TIO o/

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308001997' post='2730764']
[/quote]

They were never a good match in the first place.

[quote][color="#0000FF"]Although I've forgiven you for your part in it, my thoughts are GATO are still sour. Aside from a small handful, such as Laserwolf (and one or two others), there is no one in GATO deserving my respect[/color].[/quote]

Thank you for forgiving me, but I assure you that outside of a few dick-headed pricks who are still beating the hate Omni drum, they are good people and a good alliance. All of the smack talking about NSO back then happened only out of the loyalty to defend me. You can't really fault most of them for doing that.