Official Synergy Announcement

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1307908254' post='2730007']
From the looks of your wikis, you are all treatied to one another [i]anyways[/i]... so really, Synergy is still a de facto bloc. :awesome: Anyways, good luck and that jazz. Hope you enjoyed the fun life of blocs.
[/quote]
Oh. Hrm. We'll have to deal with that one. :P

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1307901840' post='2729935']
So what you're saying is that you're in an exclusive club comprised of yourselves and Duckroll, and you feel... pride?
[/quote]
Yeah, we keep it quiet but we're pretty much bffs with IRON.

Without Sin Orgy the face of the game is changed forever and everything shifts into a great unknown. A vanguard of fearsome powers disapears from the game to be heard from no more.

Okay. Maybe not. But it's been fun anyway.

Edited by Taget

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1307866674' post='2729715']
I would like to see someone try and touch League of Small Superpowers. Really. Nordreich is watching. :smug:
[/quote]

It's nice when alliances actually do that. Too bad GATO isn't one of them, seens how giving GATO a sniff of an incoming war and all you'll see is a cloud of dust off in the distance and the smell of burning rubber.

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307920215' post='2730114']
It's nice when alliances actually do that. Too bad GATO isn't one of them, seens how giving GATO a sniff of an incoming war and all you'll see is a cloud of dust off in the distance and the smell of burning rubber.
[/quote]
You're in a neutral alliance.

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1307922350' post='2730142']
Nothing was lost. TIO can now continue to be awful on its own terms and maybe even merge with NPO later on.

The others, pick better next time?
[/quote]

I really think that if you took the time to get to know TIO a bit, you would see that they are definitely not awful.

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1307922350' post='2730142']
Nothing was lost. TIO can now continue to be awful on its own terms and maybe even merge with NPO later on.

The others, pick better next time?
[/quote]
So wait, hold on.

Who are you, exactly? :huh:

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1307923381' post='2730147']
So wait, hold on.

Who are you, exactly? :huh:
[/quote]
Does it matter who he is when he makes a valid point?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1307923165' post='2730146']
I really think that if you took the time to get to know TIO a bit, you would see that they are definitely not awful.
[/quote]
I think most people's standards of awful and yours are different.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1307861123' post='2729684']
I quite enjoy watching you pretend to be courageous and a big shot when even members of the alliance you led during the time period in question are trashing you relentlessly.
[/quote]

While cancelling on the eve of war is not a good thing, I think several people who have done so have caught a lot of flak for cowardice when they really cancelled for other reasons. Omni is many things - wingnut, perhaps, or erratic - but coward isn't one of them. He's actually a really nice guy. While I understand why NSO was pissed, I was absolutely delighted when Omni got rid of GATO's ties to them (and with what he said to Cortath.) It was a good move executed at the wrong time. The Orders only wanted GATO to connect them back to the treaty web anyway (with the possible exception of bakamitai, who has reason to have genuine affection for GATO, and is coincidentally one of the few IOs I actually like.)

I like how the reason for this cancellation is not even thinly veiled like most other threads.

The fact that TIO was insufferable to even its closest allies is hilariously clear.

Edited by Mathias

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1307855723' post='2729632']
Can't say I'm surprised at all. Nevertheless, best of luck to the friendly former signatories of the Synergy bloc.
[/quote]
This. Good luck guys.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1307923472' post='2730148']
Does it matter who he is when he makes a valid point?
[/quote]
Yep, because it's wrong and how would he know if we don't know who the hell he is?

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1307923860' post='2730158']
I like how the reason for this cancellation is not even thinly veiled like most other threads.

The fact that TIO was insufferable to even its closest allies is hilariously clear.
[/quote]
Except for the fact that there was a problem with one particular ally that we didn't even know about because, lo and behold, the communication only ran one way. Turns out all this time it was a one sided relationship with them. Oh well. It's sad really.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1307923860' post='2730158']

[/quote]Life is much better when you don't have to put up with bullcrap. Especially diplomatic bullcrap. Treaties are symbols of friendship, so I believe that "I don't like you" is a perfectly justifiable reason for a cancellation.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1307924893' post='2730175']
Yep, because it's wrong and how would he know if we don't know who the hell he is? [/quote]
You can see an alliance's actions without them knowing you, its not too hard. Also, its not wrong based off your alliance's clearly flawed decision making process, its just sad it took the rest of them this long to notice it.

[quote]
Except for the fact that there was a problem with one particular ally that we didn't even know about because, lo and behold, the communication only ran one way. Turns out all this time it was a one sided relationship with them. Oh well. It's sad really.
[/quote]
Its not hard to say what ally it was. Come on. You can do it. But, seriously, you didn't realize that they had a problem with that ally, and would have a problem with you upgrading that treaty? I think you didn't know enough about them, if that's the case.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1307923798' post='2730156']
GATO fought. You didn't. You can't call anyone a coward for not fighting wars.
[/quote]

I just did, and GATO only fights when it's forced to fight. As I said before, give them an opportunity to run and they'll run faster than a prairie wind.

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1307926354' post='2730185']
I just did, and GATO only fights when it's forced to fight. As I said before, give them an opportunity to run and they'll run faster than a prairie wind.
[/quote]

Just like they did in the last war, right? You know, when they announced they would honour treaties on either side, and ended up fighting a losing war for the Orders? Stop being an idiot.