The Myth of SuperGrievances

Ogaden

I was disappointed to see a large portion of Super Friends assist PB/DH in the recent war, but at least one alliance in Super Friends decided to help NpO and oppose CnG/PB/DH. Its obvious SF and CnG have mostly been aligned up until now out of feeling they needed to, but with each other both posing the greatest threat to each other its only a matter of time before the two come into full conflict. Which side will get outplayed and which will end up on top when they do fight is still up in the air and will be interesting to see.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1307714002' post='2728595']
Yeah, to say the CnG and SF alliances actually liked each other is a stretch. It was more of a "allies of convenience" thing.
[/quote]

Even then the links were rather tenuous.

I never thought of it as more than handy shorthand for describing a group of alliances not aligned to the NPO. Anyone who believes/believed it was some kind of cohesive grouping was clearly fooling themselves.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1307852411' post='2729596']
I remembered! You posted after that. :P

Basically, yeah. I liked the confederation model a lot more than I would've liked centralized power.
[/quote]

Ha must have missed that. I kept seeing it getting quoted and didn't remember reading it lol.

Also yeah I figured as much. I guessed SF was more about that than having a power monopoly.

[quote]
Edit: Looking through this topic, there's literally not a single person that was in any of the SG backchannels, so I'm not sure why any of you are comfortable debating what it was or wasn't.[/quote]

This philosophy never prevented you from incessantly claiming that other blocs or other alliances were out to get you when in fact you didn't have half of a clue of what was going on within them.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1307919529' post='2730103']
This philosophy never prevented you from incessantly claiming that other blocs or other alliances were out to get you when in fact you didn't have half of a clue of what was going on within them.
[/quote]
I think it was an intuition thing "we've spent the last 2 years !@#$ting all over people, they must be coming eventually."

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1307831581' post='2729425']
Really? I don't remember that... Granted, I have a lot to remember, and things slip through the cracks, but still...
[/quote]

I'm a bit to lethargic to look through my logs, it's probably more likely that it was with KDII now that I think about it. Or you're going senile. Cupcakes finally going stale :P

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1307922307' post='2730141']
I'm a bit to lethargic to look through my logs, it's probably more likely that it was with KDII now that I think about it. Or you're going senile. Cupcakes finally going stale :P
[/quote]

KDII was a huge fan of us moving closer to C&G and PB.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307922167' post='2730137']
I think it was an intuition thing "we've spent the last 2 years !@#$ting all over people, they must be coming eventually."
[/quote]

It started long before present day.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1307812342' post='2729277']
I seem to remember this when I was RIA DMoFA. We pushed hard for =LOST= And I could have swore that I remember having a conversation with Delta where he basically just outlined a plan of every SF alliance having at least one C&G tie. Judging by Xiph's comment maybe it wasn't an established bloc wide policy voted upon by the SF delegates, but there definitely seemed to be a push behind it
[/quote]

Yeah, there was no official policy. We never tried/wanted to get closer to C&G and our only treaty interaction with C&G was the cancellation of our PIAT with MK.

Altough... We where MDP treatied to ODN when they started talks about joining C&G.. and after we cancelled that they pulled in our MDoAP partner The International... maybe it was tried behind our backs /conspiracy

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1307970458' post='2730534']
Altough... We where MDP treatied to ODN when they started talks about joining C&G.. and after we cancelled that they pulled in our MDoAP partner The International... maybe it was tried behind our backs /conspiracy
[/quote]
I think you might be reading a bit much into that.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1307998265' post='2730728']
I think you probably read too much into his joke. :P
[/quote]
I would hope so. Hard to tell with some people around here.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307756476' post='2728932']
Call it 'Mickey Mouse' for all I care, what's important is its effective impact on the world stage. That it has had a major, continuing impact can't be overstated.
[/quote]

Woah woah woah. Is this chairmanhal posting in a topic about SF not reminding everyone that he was high leadership of an SF alliance and explaining to everyone how [he thinks] it all works?

Also, more on topic, I felt there was a fairly close union for a brief point in time (sf / c&g teaparty anyone?) also the amount of time i spent talking to people of C&G alliances compared to anyone else.

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1308161794' post='2731931']
Woah woah woah. Is this chairmanhal posting in a topic about SF not reminding everyone that he was high leadership of an SF alliance and explaining to everyone how [he thinks] it all works?

Also, more on topic, I felt there was a fairly close union for a brief point in time (sf / c&g teaparty anyone?) also the amount of time i spent talking to people of C&G alliances compared to anyone else.
[/quote]

ChaimanHal jumping sides 10 minutes before the war started (when everyone in SFs was fairly certain we were going to lose, but that defending VE was still our best chance of surviving) was arguably the most predictable thing that happened before, during and after the Karma War. It was a constant topic in our weekly "Could somebody in gov kindly request that [s]Chatty Cathy[/s] Hoo stop blowing SF OPSEC to everyone who says hello to him on IRC?" internal Farkistani complaintfests.

As for SuperGrievances? The two groups had/have disparate goals from before the Karma War. C&G was interested in settling old scores. All SF cared about was having enough strength to ensure that everyone else left them alone.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1307910632' post='2730024']
Even then the links were rather tenuous.

I never thought of it as more than handy shorthand for describing a group of alliances not aligned to the NPO. Anyone who believes/believed it was some kind of cohesive grouping was clearly fooling themselves.
[/quote]

NPO didn't have [i]any [/i]allies for most of the time that CnG and SF were the biggest power spheres.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308200942' post='2732277']
NPO didn't have [i]any [/i]allies for most of the time that CnG and SF were the biggest power spheres.
[/quote]
You forgot GATO. No [i]military[/i] allies would be more correct. In writing, at least.

Also, more on topic, I felt there was a fairly close union for a brief point in time (sf / c&g teaparty anyone?) also the amount of time i spent talking to people of C&G alliances compared to anyone else.[/quote]

Maybe if people like you would actually [i]remember and acknowledge[/i] that people like me were there, we knew what was going on, and we mattered, there would be less need for them to remind and redirect you and more substantial dialogues could actually take place... :)

No, go look at the treaties that are held by all the former C&G and SF members. There might be a few less treaties, there may be the perception that things have broken up, but the reality is very different. The coalition that won the Karma War still chooses to stay together, with very few exceptions that in no way invalidate the rule.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[/quote]
I am very satisfied with my assistance in promoting the peace and unity of supergrievances.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1307693929' post='2728510']
The only thing that kept SF and C&G together was fear of the old hegemony.
[/quote]
True.

The only thing that kept Continuum together was fear of the Polars. Once they were destroyed, Q fell apart.

It's pretty much been that way forever with hegemonic power groupings: the only thing strong enough to keep them together is fear of some enemy.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1308195522' post='2732219']
ChaimanHal jumping sides 10 minutes before the war started (when everyone in SFs was fairly certain we were going to lose, but that defending VE was still our best chance of surviving) was arguably the most predictable thing that happened before, during and after the Karma War. It was a constant topic in our weekly "Could somebody in gov kindly request that [s]Chatty Cathy[/s] Hoo stop blowing SF OPSEC to everyone who says hello to him on IRC?" internal Farkistani complaintfests.

As for SuperGrievances? The two groups had/have disparate goals from before the Karma War. C&G was interested in settling old scores. All SF cared about was having enough strength to ensure that everyone else left them alone.
[/quote]
Good to see you still around, Krack.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1308323300' post='2733079']
True.

The only thing that kept Continuum together was fear of the Polars. Once they were destroyed, Q fell apart.

It's pretty much been that way forever with hegemonic power groupings: the only thing strong enough to keep them together is fear of some enemy.
[/quote]

Except WUT, which is why it was so successful.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1308327109' post='2733100']
Good to see you still around, Krack.
[/quote]

It's part of my contractually obligated publicity tour for [i]Krack: The First Alohan[/i].