Unexpected population happiness drop

HHAYD

This is the event that left me scratching my head:

Recently a cure for the flu has been found within your nation. There is a limited amount of vaccinations to go around.

Option 1: Deliver the cure to the world health organization. You will lose all vaccinations but will receive worldwide recognition. Population happiness +2.

Option 2: Keep the cure secret and only vaccinate your citizens. Citizen count +1.5%.
------------------------------------------------
Before picking an event:

Daily income: $12,855,908.8 tax per citizen: $134.30 Total citizen: 95,716
------------------------------------------------

Option 1:
$447.69 total average citizen income+$4 (2 happiness)=$451.69 total average citizen income
451.69 total average citizen income*30% tax rate=$135.51 total tax income from citizen
$135.51 total tax income from citizen*95,716 citizens=$12,970,475.16 daily income

Option 2:
95,716 citizens*1.015% increase in population=97,152 citizens
$134.30 total tax income from citizen*97,152 citizens=$13,047,513.6 daily income

I went for Option 2 as it should've given me a higher benefit, and found a surprise. My population happiness dropped from 79.07 down to 78.10 when I selected Option 2. Daily income barely increased to $12,921,463.6.

I did not make any other changes to my nation. I bought some more land and a bit more soldiers, no effect on population happiness. The population density is below 60 ppm and the soldiers amount is between 20%-25% of the citizens. Environment is exactly the same.

Edited by HHAYD

I believe the problem is the numbers you state as the numbers prior to selecting an option are not the numbers prior to receiving the event. This means that those numbers were already impacted by the No Response value the moment you received the event which appears to have been +1 happiness. When you did select an option, you would have experienced the loss of the No Response value. This would explain the lost happiness if the No Response value was +1 happiness.

As to there only being a slight difference in income that's a function of value of pop modifiers to happiness at your level. At your income level, one percent increase to citizens is equal to one happiness point. That means as a rule of thumb your option was the equivalent of 1.5 happiness points. Since the No Response was already giving you a +1, you only gained the difference, half a happiness point worth of additional income.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1307680150' post='2728432']
I believe the problem is the numbers you state as the numbers prior to selecting an option are not the numbers prior to receiving the event. This means that those numbers were already impacted by the No Response value the moment you received the event which appears to have been +1 happiness. When you did select an option, you would have experienced the loss of the No Response value. This would explain the lost happiness if the No Response value was +1 happiness.

As to there only being a slight difference in income that's a function of value of pop modifiers to happiness at your level. At your income level, one percent increase to citizens is equal to one happiness point. That means as a rule of thumb your option was the equivalent of 1.5 happiness points. Since the No Response was already giving you a +1, you only gained the difference, half a happiness point worth of additional income.
[/quote]

This is the correct answer