Progression of Terms

Schattenmann

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1307538269' post='2726918']
Invicta agreed to 666m. Regardless, I have no idea what you're getting at here. The numbers started high and were negotiated to a reasonable and agreed-to level.

Also:

Love you too TCK.
[/quote]
The only reasonable level of extortion is zero dollars. Anything in excess of that is the opposite of reasonable.

That said, this thread isn't about how much GOONS charged or how much you wanted to charge. It's about showing the world the process by which these terms were agreed to. More than just the handful of us working behind closed doors deserve to know what went on.

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1307576693' post='2727374']
Don't remind me of these negotiations <_<
[/quote]
Oh yes, absent from Shattenmann's record is the numerous hoops MK supplied for everyone to jump through, as if we didn't have enough going on as it stood.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1307578163' post='2727395']
Oh yes, absent from Shattenmann's record is the numerous hoops MK supplied for everyone to jump through, as if we didn't have enough going on as it stood.
[/quote]
I didn't have any records (quotes, logs) of the stuff like when MK claimed that two of the AAs had to pay reps because they didn't accept white peace on a certain date even though those two alliances were never given that date or a specific offer.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1307581771' post='2727437']
What is the point of all this? What are you trying to gain here, because it is obviously not friends.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I haven't had any friends for a while but thanks for the newsflash. The second sentence of the OP says the point of this thread.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1307589127' post='2727558']
My respect for people who run this stuff at the coalition level has just increased dramatically.
[/quote]
Yeah I stayed out of the negotiations for a reason.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307510457' post='2726720']
Not going to get into a lot of commentary in the OP if I can avoid it, but I thought this would be interesting to those on the sidelines.
[/quote]
Considering the lukewarm response you've gotten so far and the lack of anyone of the major outside parties interested in any of this, I'd say you wasted an afternoon.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1307594873' post='2727637']
Considering the lukewarm response you've gotten so far and the lack of anyone of the major outside parties interested in any of this, I'd say you wasted an afternoon.
[/quote]
Thanks for the goondolences but it only took about 45 minutes (and it only took that long bc I removed the timestamps from the big log in the middle--I hate timestamps).

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307592282' post='2727615']
I'm pretty sure I haven't had any friends for a while but thanks for the newsflash. The second sentence of the OP says the point of this thread.
[/quote]
The second sentence of the OP does not say what you gained from such a posting. So next time you want to give me your !@#$%^&* cookie cutter response prepared well before such questions were asked, perhaps you should read my questions!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307597381' post='2727675']
Thanks for the goondolences but it only took about 45 minutes (and it only took that long bc I removed the timestamps from the big log in the middle--I hate timestamps).
[/quote]
This is the beauty of regex (and why I wish I could learn it). Just tell it to delete everything up until the log format each line and you're gold, would take about a minute to make work. I once had it turn what would have been literal non-stop weeks of manual editing into about 12 hours of automated editing.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1307599041' post='2727695']
The second sentence of the OP does not say what you gained from such a posting. So next time you want to give me your !@#$%^&* cookie cutter response prepared well before such questions were asked, perhaps you should read my questions!
[/quote]
Read carefully, numbskull, because I'm only going to walk you through this once and then you're on your own again:
You asked:
[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1307581771' post='2727437']
[b]What is the point of all this?[/b] What are you trying to gain here, because it is obviously not friends.
[/quote]
Your question is "what is the point of this" with your own interpretation of what the point is phrased as a question-that-isn't-really-a-question, the implication that I am "trying to gain something."
The answer to your question--which negates your presumptuous interpretation--is:
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307592282' post='2727615']
The second sentence of the OP says the point of this thread.[/quote]

[quote name='Random Iggy' timestamp='1307600834' post='2727711']
that was mildy interesting schatt, thanks for the view.
[/quote][quote name='frosniper13' timestamp='1307601572' post='2727720']
Interesting read, thanks for the info Schatt
[/quote]
Thanks and you're welcome.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307634828' post='2727911']
Read carefully, numbskull, because I'm only going to walk you through this once and then you're on your own again:
You asked:

Your question is "what is the point of this" with your own interpretation of what the point is phrased as a question-that-isn't-really-a-question, the implication that I am "trying to gain something."
The answer to your question--which negates your presumptuous interpretation--is:
[/quote]
Hey blockhead, there are two questions there. The second being "What are you trying to gain here".

Edited by youwish959

An informative dossier of everything and anything the world cares to know about surrender terms. Sadly, in order to receive a doctorate in the field of trivial knowledge the paper needed to be over 800,000 words.

Sorry bud.