New Spain

Owned-You

[center][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/3792571723_bcc7dedc53.jpg[/img]
[/center]
[center]Good evening citizens of Mexico, America, and the world. Recently a motion for independence has swept it's way through the region of Mexico, calling for the restoration of a great independent state. I am pleased to announce that these motions have not gone unnoticed, the Holy American Empire has permitted the formation of New Spain an autonomous nation in the former Mexican protectorate. A capital has been set in Mexico City which has long held the regional judicial branch. The people of Mexico have had a variety of governments ruling it over generations many coming and going without much success. We intend to break the trend and restore the region to a prestigious place of honor. We have elected a singular man to serve as our King to lead our Nation to glory by the grace of god. King Enrique Bourbon I and his successors shall rule this land. To that aim, troops have been dispatched to secure the borders of the newly formed state. In Mexico City embassies are being constructed for nations wishing to establish them in the capital city. We hope to restore this region to it's former glory and already tireless work is being done to this aim.[/center][center]
[/center][center][i][font="Palatino Linotype"]Signed, King Enrique Bourbon I; King of New Spain[/font][/i][/center]

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1307489098' post='2726425']
We have elected a singular man to serve as our King to lead our Nation to glory by the grace of god.
[/quote]
Disappointing to see another premier who leads 'by the grace of God'. Nevertheless, Eastern France extends diplomatic recognition to New Spain.

The Federal Republic of Greenland formally recognizes and welcome the nation of New Spain. We, too, hope that you may bring Mexico ever onward on a path towards peace and prosperity. When the embassies are constructed please let us know so we may send a diplomatic team to promote New Spain - Greenland relations.

New Spain is welcomed into the world. Defensive garrisons will be withdrawn from the area.

[b]**Classified**[/b]
Unknown to the outside world, the Holy American Empire had effectively lost sovereignty over the Mexican protectorate months ago, upon the rise of the Empire of the Southern Rim which largely followed the borders of the old Imperium of Man. It was with the Southern Rim that the independence movement had negotiated. To save face on the world stage, and to largely prevent news of a massive uprising and impending civil war from escaping the country, the Senate went along with the declaration.