Diskord's Nuke Rogueing for Dummies

Schattenmann

Since we've probably reached a sort of event horizon in terms of playership and will probably be seeing more and more nuke rogues as old-timers not content with fighting the same wars for the past 4 years find the need to fight the same war one more time by nuking other people too old and inactive for any observer to remember or know why he's being rogued, and since Dahl's post is not actually a guide and a [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=63495&st=0"]actual guide already exists[/url], I give you Diskord's (drumroll please)

[center] [b][size="6"]Nuke Rogueing for Dummies[/size]
[size="4"]A 12-step program[/size][/b]
[/center]
Okay, so all you nuclear rogues out there are probably lacking a bit of grey matter to begin with... but in the interest of education I decided to write a little primer on HOW to be a nuclear rogue. This is actually a serious post, why I am writing a tip guide for nuclear rogues I don't know... but it sounded like a fun thought project for the morning to think how I would go rogue after seeing so many others try and end up failing. (PS, it's really 13 steps, I had to add a step 0, but only because I have seen people try and go rogue with 2 nukes... thats not nuclear roguery... thats just retarded).

Step 0: Make sure you have a healthy cache of nukes, chances are a nuke rogue won't be able to purchase nukes during his roguery except for maybe on day 1 (and even then it is unlikely) so don't enter into being a nuke rogue expecting to buy the nukes you are going to use, that is just a phail idea. Stock up and be prepared.

Step 1: Declare on your three targets you want before doing ANYTHING else. I has seen a few nuke rogues try and attack 1 individual, do all their ground attacks, cm's, etc and before they can even get to their 2nd target they are in anarchy. Thats what we call a phail. So make sure you declare on the 3 targets you want before you do anything.

Step 2: Buy a lot of soldiers and deploy them all (go ahead and anarchy yourself now, but get those troops AWAY from home), don't actually do anything with them yet but we need to do things in proper order here.

Step 3: If you don't have Sats, now is the time to sell some improvements and swap them out for Sat's. Don't worry about MD's but try and get 5 Sats for maximum asshatery.

Step 4: Before you even do any attacks, start selling crap, and I mean literally you are selling everything here. Sell all your land, sell all your infra, sell all your improvements (except for the Sats). You are trashing your nation anyway. There is nothing more infuriating to an opponent that wanting to ZI you, only to find out that you have already ZI'd yourself. This serves 2 purpose, 1 it reduces your bills to practically nothing so you can stay out of bill lock and 2 creates a bit more extra "capital" for you to continue your roguery.

Step 5: Now do your first attacks. Make sure all your attacks are cautious attacks. Your nukes will do the anarchying for you, so no point in risking your soldiers (these are the only ones you will get, since you have no infrastructure now, so use them wisely). Also send you CM's over, cause everyone loves a good missile barage.

Step 6: Send funny and humerous PM's to taunt your opponents, don't send crap like "DIE IN A FIRE!" or "I'M GONNA F$#$ YOU UP!" cause thats just lame... instead go find some awesome 80's music video's on youtube and send links to them in pm's. If you are having fun that will only annoy your victims more...

Step 7: 24 hours have passed, now drop your tonnage. Hit every target that you attacked and has attacked you with this initial shot, nothing like causing 6 nuclear anarchies to ruin someones CN week. Follow it up with more cautious attacks on their now dead armies. Being sent defeat messages from a nuclear rogue is just dumping salt in the wounds. Also buy a few more CM's and lob them over, missile attacks are still fun (plus you have your sats to increase damage).

Step 8: Laugh some more as 1 opponent gets to send you a defeat message that reads: "You have lost 0 soldiers, they razed 0 land, and destroyed 0 infra" If you kept your tech (up to you on if you want to keep it or not, I vote yes but it's a personal preference) then you will lose 5 tech... but other than that you get to cackle as your enemies literally can't do anything to you. Always wait to pay your bills until you have been put in bill lock. Your bills will mostly be soldier costs and nuke upkeep costs, so as you use up your soldiers and nukes your bills will go down. So hold off on paying the bills until you HAVE to pay them.

Step 9: I am guessing you have specific targets in mind that you want to hit, so over the next few days so you can spread your nukes out on those select targets. Remember to keep sending defeat messages and CM's, also keep paying those bills (all like... $100 of your bills that you have) and always keep your troops deployed. As long as your troops are deployed they can't touch your monies and can't do anything more than send 1 defeat message per day (which doesn't matter cause there is nothing left to kill). Depending on how much of an !@#$%^& you want to be, keep either 3 nukes or 6 nukes back in your arsenal.

Step 10: Send some final pm's to your "victims." Keep em lighthearted and good natured, this is a game and you should be having fun. When you delve into the "YOU ALL SUCK I HATE YOU!!1!one" messages then really your opponents have won, cause they drove you from the game. Keep your dignity and let them know you are leaving on your own terms, not because they messed up your head. Be creative here but keep it clean and fun.

Step 11: Last day before war expires, personally I would save 6 nukes for this day, but some may only have enough nukes to save 3. Drop your nukes on your enemies as a parting gift, ensuring yet another 5 days of nuclear anarchy to remember you by (by now your enemies will probably be in bill lock and even more pissed that you are still able to do stuff).

Step 12: Profit! (You are deleted, move on to other things and don't bother ever logging back into your CN nation)

So there you have it, a 12 step program for nuclear rogues. Nothing bothers me more than incompetence and I have seen a LOT of incompetent nuclear rogues lately. You folks really need to get your act together...

my two cents.

1) yeah you'd want to keep all your tech in the WRC-era, for ultimate ass-hattery.

2) when DOW'ing your first three targets, make sure you run your "reason" sentances backwards so they read correctly on the war screen. example-

DOW 1: "never gonna run around and desert you"
DOW 2: "never gonna let you down"
DOW 3: "never gonna give you up"

that should end up reading correctly top to bottom when people examine your idiocy.

3) probably boost your navy as well, since most people don't keep them on hand in peace, you could slip some battle support on your nukes...

happy to contribute to a guide that will 95% of the time be used on my alliance.

Kept up better than you'd think, but 0 and 2 need overhauling, and 4 needs a tweaking. In the era of huge warchests you should be well able to buy more nukes as you go along; your prime enemy will be lucky SDI streaks. WRC's help keep that number up. If you've got a CIA and didn't sell your land you should do well against spy ops until that land gets nuked off. Self-anarchy should be avoided as it defeat alerts now. And you should keep some things, keep at least 1K infra (for nuke buying), any mil wonders/improvements you have, land can usually be left because it adds so little NS and will get eaten by nukes fast enough anyway but will help out a bit at the start. Tech should of course be left alone.

Basically, this guide was written based on the assumption of one week of nukes and relying on their base damage, when with modern tech and WC levels you can go as long as you want with proper planning and a good enough nation to start with. Count Rupert, for instance, will be able to chew up lowbies for a while to come.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1307464771' post='2726152']
Self-anarchy should be avoided as it defeat alerts now.
[/quote]

That's why you let your opponent nuke you first. Then you can deploy as much as you !@#$@#$ want without any consequences.

Not so big a fan of the idea of selling off all your infra. You need that to keep buying nukes and airplanes and you can do more damage if you keep up ground attacks. It also lets higher ns targets declare on you, meaning you get to destroy more expensive infra.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1307600346' post='2727706']
Not so big a fan of the idea of selling off all your infra. You need that to keep buying nukes and airplanes and you can do more damage if you keep up ground attacks. It also lets higher ns targets declare on you, meaning you get to destroy more expensive infra.
[/quote]

I'm pretty on the border about the selling infra thing. Yeah, you do more damage, but you don't last as long. It's a tradeoff between intensity and duration.. sometimes the duration thing is more annoying, but if you're going to quit the game anyway, you don't actually want to last a few months and just want to blow up as much stuff as possible.

On the other hand, if you don't have a huge warchest, your best bet on doing maximum annoyance is to sell down, to keep your money from being stolen by GAs and keep from being staggered by competent fighters.

If you're planning on not leaving I'd keep all of the improvements/ swap for military improvements and just selling infra and land... The only way to get rid of tech is to send it out via aid packages and you need it for nukes. So that part is a bit unnecessary.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1307610243' post='2727776']
No, we used spy attacks.
[/quote]
Spy attacks can only reveal secret aid if done on the sending nation. Spying on the recipient will not tell you who sent secret aid.

So either Doppelganger was a loudmouth that drew your suspicions to him, and/or you just have no regard for the sovereignty of other alliances and believe you are justified in spying on people willy-nilly (an act of war that is, btw).

Basically, if you want to rogue, and you have friends, make sure they are less well known friends, tuck them away in different alliances, and have them very quietly send you secret aid. Needle in a Haystack principle here.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1307600346' post='2727706']
[/quote]
It depends on your warchest. If you have the warchest and motivation to keep fighting, you should keep your infra and keep up air attacks and buying nukes, and possibly winning some GAs. This guide was for a day when warchests weren't as large as they are today.

As for tactics:
- Declare when you're 13 days inactive so they can't loot from you in GAs.
- Try to declare on people without SDIs.
- If your opponent doesn't have anything deployed, nuke before update and DA after update.

The whole deploy everything then sell is outdated too. Now when an enemy attacks and you have nothing left at home, but troops deployed, your troops come home. Enter nuke, and your whole effort has dissolved into lobbing a nuke every day.

5 secret trades, then switch your AA to None/Raid Me, get raided, then declare on who ever your targets are ;)Make sure not to accept peace from who ever is raiding you. This tends to piss off who ever you are roguing. Oh and sell your Fall out shelter if you have it.

o/ CoUNT

I wont write a guide for roguing because I do not support roguing.

However if you want to go nuke the crap out of someone who did you wrong, without quitting, that is something I could write a guide about. The first step is to build a decent warchest.

It's amazing the military inflation I have seen in this game. Even with relatively new stuff, like navies... surprisingly small nations are carrying them these days.