TPC DoW

King James XVIII

[center][img]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx9/xFR4NKtheT4NKx/sicklephoenixflag3.jpg[/img]

Well, that time of the round is here again and we're not wasting any time or cowering in the corner. TPC (the top tier at least) declares war on Eorlingas, err...Rohirrim. We also recognize a state of war with Organized Nations of Superiority, Obama 1 Osama 0 (whats left of them anyway) and a Mr. Roose Bolton.

Don't hide and don't turtle, this promises to be mutual destruction at its finest.

With that, let loose the dogs of war.

o/ TPC
[/center]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1307341251' post='2725203']
Numbers?
[/quote]

414k NS for TPC vs around 250k, it appears. I guess that they're just hitting flag-runners, but it's still pretty unfortunate that they're down-declaring this severely.

[quote]
Don't hide and don't turtle, this promises to be mutual destruction at its finest. [/quote]

Actually, it'll be pretty one-sided whether they turtle or not.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307342342' post='2725220']
down-declaring
[/quote]

Declaring Nation Strength: 16,630.950
Defending Nation Strength: 29,912.916

Yeah, I know. I'm a terrible terrible person. :unsure:

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1307342781' post='2725225']
Declaring Nation Strength: 16,630.950
Defending Nation Strength: 29,912.916

Yeah, I know. I'm a terrible terrible person. :unsure:
[/quote]

We did the same thing hitting RD and Catharsis...up-declares across the board. Difference being that the member count was basically equal, and they had more NS. You're up-declaring on individual nations, but by sheer crush of numbers it's a no-contest.

Again, don't mind you taking out flag-runners, but try to make it seem like something of a fair fight rather than a squashing, or don't post about the epic mutual destruction that will follow.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307342342' post='2725220']
414k NS for TPC vs around 250k, it appears. I guess that they're just hitting flag-runners, but it's still pretty unfortunate that they're down-declaring this severely.

Actually, it'll be pretty one-sided whether they turtle or not.
[/quote]

I mean you could look at it that way, or look a bit closer. Only 23 of our nations can reach their lowest nation. Of those 23, only 16 match the strength of that lowest nation and they have 10 nations of 13 or more nukes when we have 4.

Its an upper tier fight done less than a week after we all left war, as evidenced by our "blitz".

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1307343109' post='2725229']
I mean you could look at it that way, or look a bit closer. Only 23 of our nations can reach their lowest nation. Of those 23, only 16 match the strength of that lowest nation and they have 10 nations of 13 or more nukes when we have 4.

Its an upper tier fight done less than a week after we all left war, as evidenced by our "blitz".
[/quote]

Heh, that still makes it 2 to 1 in numbers, though, even at the nuclear tier only. Squashing flag-runners is fine, just call it like it is...not a war, just a way to leverage a serious strength imbalance to take out a competitor. The only issue I take here is casting it as some sort of fair war.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307343382' post='2725234']
Squashing flag-runners is fine, just call it like it is
[/quote]
This

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307343382' post='2725234']
...not a war, just a way to leverage a serious strength imbalance to take out a competitor. The only issue I take here is casting it as some sort of fair war.
[/quote]
...and don't worry, there'll be a compromise.

Let the fire burn! [img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x82/dealmaster13/colbert.gif[/img]

Edit: Still can't spell 'compromise' and have no idea why

Edited by dealmaster13

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307343382' post='2725234']take out a competitor.
[/quote]

Yeah, we're totally clearing the way for our flagrunner.

...wait. What?

Dammit DM, you were supposed to hide and hug your infra. :mad:

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1307344724' post='2725243']
Yeah, we're totally clearing the way for our flagrunner.

...wait. What?

Dammit DM, you were supposed to hide and hug your infra. :mad:
[/quote]

Heh, I'd hope that you're doing it to clear the way for a flag-runner; that'd make sense. Doing it as a standalone war would be pretty pathetic...and I say that despite liking TPC quite a bit.

[img]http://msnsmileys.net/q/smileys/Questioning/Burning.gif[/img][img]http://msnsmileys.net/q/smileys/Questioning/Round.gif[/img][img]http://msnsmileys.net/q/smileys/Questioning/Rotating.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused002.gif[/img]

Looks like we left more questions than answers tonight lol.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307344929' post='2725247']
Heh, I'd hope that you're doing it to clear the way for a flag-runner
[/quote]

We don't play dirty. We play with honour.

Don't respect our ways of building, warring and enjoying ourselves?
Well I guess all you really need to do is have a flick through the record books to uncover the success of TPF and TPC by playing it [i]our[/i] way.

Have a good time, folks!

Plenty more to come - don't look forward to Round 18 just yet!

:v:

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1307346683' post='2725257']
We don't play dirty. We play with honour.

Don't respect our ways of building, warring and enjoying ourselves?
Well I guess all you really need to do is have a flick through the record books to uncover the success of TPF and TPC by playing it [i]our[/i] way.[/quote]

I'm well aware of those things...it's why I respect TPC, and why this declarion flummoxed me more than a tad.

[quote]

Plenty more to come - don't look forward to Round 18 just yet!

[/quote]

Works for me; hopefully I'll wake up to another 150k-200k NS involved to balance this out. :ph34r:

Edited by Schad

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1307376472' post='2725439']
My favorite thing is knowing that LE is flag running. :smug:
[/quote]

Damn, they found TPC's flagrunners! :o

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1307344929' post='2725247']
Heh, I'd hope that you're doing it to clear the way for a flag-runner; that'd make sense. Doing it as a standalone war would be pretty pathetic...and I say that despite liking TPC quite a bit.
[/quote]

hitting flag runners for them being cowards is pathetic? Maybe you should take a page out of their book :v

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1307381101' post='2725470']
hitting flag runners for them being cowards is pathetic? Maybe you should take a page out of their book :v
[/quote]

It's possible to hit flag-runners while still launching something akin to a fair war. Hitting an alliance half one's size while berating cowardly behaviour doesn't tend to win support.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1307381101' post='2725470']
[/quote]
Are you implying PS didn't hit high enough NS nations? Maybe I'm missing what you're saying, but if not, why don't you take a look at our last war.

Anyways, another great war declaration by TPC. :rolleyes: I don't ever really mind hitting flag runners. Everyone should war IMO, and if you don't, you're asking for someone to war you. However, knowing that TPC is just hitting them in a down-declare to help their own flag runners is a bit disconcerting. I'm sure everyone will be hit sooner or later, though. At least, I'd be surprised if they weren't. It's truly sad what TPC's leadership has become. I don't believe I commented on his post before, but JB seemed to be spot on with his assessment of TPC by their actions. PS has always had a special place in our hearts for TPC for many rounds. I don't believe we have ever warred them going back to our roots when they protected us. However, they seem to have bad war and bad war. Sucks to see an AA that you've always respected turn into this.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1307388661' post='2725537']
However, knowing that TPC is just hitting them in a down-declare to help their own flag runners is a bit disconcerting.
[/quote]

You are truly out of your mind, and after this final comment (without even considering what follows) my respect for you has gone straight down into the negative.

You should watch what you say on the OWF, because you are seriously damaging Pork Shrimp's PR in some peoples' eyes. I don't care if you are just joking around or not; at least make sure what you post is respectable and truthful.

I personally agree with TPCs war regardless what other peoples opinions are. i mean whether they are down declaring or updeclaring or waring for the hell of it with out or with just cause war is war :P

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1307388661' post='2725537']
Are you implying PS didn't hit high enough NS nations? Maybe I'm missing what you're saying, but if not, why don't you take a look at our last war.

Anyways, another great war declaration by TPC. :rolleyes: I don't ever really mind hitting flag runners. Everyone should war IMO, and if you don't, you're asking for someone to war you. However, knowing that TPC is just hitting them in a down-declare to help their own flag runners is a bit disconcerting. I'm sure everyone will be hit sooner or later, though. At least, I'd be surprised if they weren't. It's truly sad what TPC's leadership has become. I don't believe I commented on his post before, but JB seemed to be spot on with his assessment of TPC by their actions. PS has always had a special place in our hearts for TPC for many rounds. I don't believe we have ever warred them going back to our roots when they protected us. However, they seem to have bad war and bad war. Sucks to see an AA that you've always respected turn into this.
[/quote]

No, my remark was directed at Schad :gag: . And im really not going to comment on the rest. It looks like you guys have your mind made up on how you feel. Look i have respect for PS too. That is starting to diminish tho.

If you dont like the war... well.... It happened.. Deal with it. :wub:

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1307391327' post='2725565']
It looks like you guys have your mind made up on how you feel.
[/quote]

I haven't...if I'd woken up to see TPC had hit another AA to balance things out, I'd be cheering for them.