UINE Announcement

So it took being attacked to do this?

After you cast a blind eye to say, badgering an alliance over accepting the application of a former member and planting spies in other alliances? UINE's leadership crisis goes far past Keve, which is supported by the fact that it took you this long to get anything done.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cobalt' timestamp='1307339588' post='2725162']
[quote]
We're in hot water, so we're gonna pretend to coup the dude you don't like until things cool off. Then he'll probably be running the alliance again. Just a heads up.[/quote]
You could've just said that and saved yourself a couple hundred words. Never to early to start protecting yourself from carpal tunnel.
[/quote]

Very much this. UINE, you are a pathetic alliance.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1307362510' post='2725328']
Your constitution makes this look like a coup.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Constitution_Union_of_Integrated_National_Entities

I do not see what section you are using to impeach Keve there.
[/quote]

They couped him. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. They were being attacked because of his folly, so they got rid of him, but he may come back once all of this is over. I would suggest, that if you coup someone, keep him out. UINE, you have always disappointed me, but I hope that you shall move forward.

Good Luck, etc

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1307347826' post='2725266']
[/quote]
I'd suggest waiting to see the outcome. This is carefully worded, but that's because the legal process for the alliance has yet to occur (at least that should be the case..) Once that is done, then judgment can be made on their decisions, at least in the question of getting rid of Keve.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1307363602' post='2725330']
They were being attacked because of his folly
[/quote]

This is all well and good, but this is the biggest load of poop I've ever seen. It took UINE 6 months to pay the reps, right? While I understand that Keve is/was the only member of UINE that does anything you may as well get rid of everyone in gov [i]or[/i] the whole alliance and start over.

Is it really fair to say that it was entirely his folly when there are ~50 other members that could have been sending reps too?

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1307367095' post='2725349']
This is all well and good, but this is the biggest load of poop I've ever seen. It took UINE 6 months to pay the reps, right? While I understand that Keve is/was the only member of UINE that does anything you may as well get rid of everyone in gov [i]or[/i] the whole alliance and start over.

Is it really fair to say that it was entirely his folly when there are ~50 other members that could have been sending reps too?
[/quote]
He didn't inform a single member of the alliance of what was still owed. Of course they should have checked (or known for that matter) but that, at the end of the day, is semantics. He $%&@ed his alliance over, and they responded by getting rid of him. Simple as that.

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1307367095' post='2725349']
[/quote]

It is when he, as ultimate authority of his alliance, stated he would be handling the payment of reparations on his own.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1307370741' post='2725390']
It is when he, as ultimate authority of his alliance, stated he would be handling the payment of reparations on his own.
[/quote]

There's also the fact that it appears the rest of UINE weren't aware that there was a problem. I don't find this to be implausible. The membership of most alliances takes what the leadership says at face value, and if they aren't told of a problem with a reps payment, why would they assume there was one?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1307347826' post='2725266']
[/quote]

This may be a bit harsh. They've behaved pathetically, but this could be the wake-up required to get them to reverse track. They are after all behaving [i]responsibly[/i] at the moment.

For what it's worth, here's my advice to the members of UINE:

Alliance charters exist to serve the membership and promote their growth, security, and well-being. When the laws of an alliance fail to meet the basic needs of the people, the laws become illegitimate. When it serves the interest of the masses, revolution is a good thing. Don't let a failed scrap of paper stand in the way. Move your changes forward with great haste.

-Craig