From the Body Republic of the New Pacific Order

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308115793' post='2731728']
Your posting skills can be spotted without being in a corner, wubba. Haflinger's as well. Honestly, if someone makes a false accusation about my alliance's intentions (especially when it involves something as sinister as attempting to reduce the population of Bob), they've already waived their right to a respectful reply.
[/quote]

Sigh...when your right, your right. :smug:

[quote]Honestly, if someone makes a false accusation about my alliance's intentions they've already waived their right to a respectful reply.[/quote]

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1308121825' post='2731762']
To be honest, and fair to other alliances, NPO's fighting ability is pretty laughable also when they don't have meat shields or the collective power of alliances fighting for them. So to just single out goons, and legion is just wrong.

NPO never fought its own war til Karma, and this war, and when they were forced to fight for themselves.. there numbers dropped faster then the American stock market during the recession.. Even in this war they had "glorified meat-shields" and still fell flat on there faces.. So why single out 2 of the 3 bad alliances in the war. Single them all out.

Just my humble opinion,
[/quote]

I will let you in on a little secret. When you are fighting 1 vs 4 or 5 against super tech fueled nations, you sink very quickly. No one can overcome those odds, the laws of the planet do not allow it. So fighting those 5 digit tech nations with half that level yourself due to the massive reparations you had to pay is going to have the same result time and again. It has nothing to do with skill at all. Simple Bob war physics.

To be honest, and fair to other alliances, NPO's fighting ability is pretty laughable also when they don't have meat shields or the collective power of alliances fighting for them. So to just single out goons, and legion is just wrong.

NPO never fought its own war til Karma, and this war, and when they were forced to fight for themselves.. there numbers dropped faster then the American stock market during the recession.. Even in this war they had "glorified meat-shields" and still fell flat on there faces.. So why single out 2 of the 3 bad alliances in the war. Single them all out.

Just my humble opinion,
[/quote]
Doesn't sound very humble :lol1:

But seriously as Vol Navy pointed out when your heavily outnumbered by tech heavy nations the odds are damn hard to overcome (no matter how badass you might be), is this something your conveniently disregarding or did this little ditty fly over your head??

[b]NPO never fought its own war til Karma,[/b] and this war, and when they were forced to fight for themselves.. there numbers dropped faster then the American stock market during the recession.. Even in this war they had "glorified meat-shields" and still fell flat on there faces.. So why single out 2 of the 3 bad alliances in the war. Single them all out.

Just my humble opinion,
[/quote]
Never? Really? You sure about that?

I think I still have a ribbon lying around somewhere that says otherwise.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1308206312' post='2732310']
Never? Really? You sure about that?

I think I still have a ribbon lying around somewhere that says otherwise.
[/quote]

It's a strange world. Some people claim NPO is to blame for everything, some claim they never did anything on their own. Go figure eh?

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308115793' post='2731728']
Your posting skills can be spotted without being in a corner, wubba. Haflinger's as well. Honestly, if someone makes a false accusation about my alliance's intentions (especially when it involves something as sinister as attempting to reduce the population of Bob), they've already waived their right to a respectful reply.
[/quote]
[OOC]
(Warning, below is a link to the Something Awful forums, and there is heavy language and other questionable content. Enter at your own risk. Never mind the scary looking numbers, it's literally the same thing as if I punched in "somethingawful.com")
[spoiler]http://216.86.148.111/showthread.php?threadid=3391108[/spoiler]

You were saying something about something?

Let me pull up a few choice quotes.

[quote]So far I've made three people delete in this war.

Beat that :smug: [/quote]

In reply to the above:
[quote][b]There's a badge for that you know.[/b] I haven't had anyone delete in this war, but the last one I caught the end of I had a couple deletions. Great stuff.[/quote]

GOONS [i]hands out badges[/i] for making someone leave the game.

[quote]Oh sweet jesus the message that I used to get a guy deleted twice is still being included in the OP. Nice.[/quote]

That's just a small sampling from the first page of 24. I can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread.

So, uh, your move.

EDIT:
I started reading more, came across this little gem. Same warning as above applies, etc etc.
[spoiler]http://216.86.148.111/showthread.php?threadid=3391108&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post388584446[/spoiler][/OOC]

Thanks again Pacifica for the ribbon! ... :ph34r:

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308241668' post='2732480']
random items NOT POSTED ON CN FORUMS
[/quote]

I don't seem to recall judging others' posting on forums not associated with planet Bob, nor do I see how your post is relevant beyond attempting to slander GOONS in any way you can. You're not making NPO look any better for rewarding you. If you were seriously concerned with your allies' welfare, perhaps you might want to appear to be more than a bad PR machine for yourself and for others associated with you.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308246394' post='2732517']
I don't seem to recall judging others' posting on forums not associated with planet Bob, nor do I see how your post is relevant beyond attempting to slander GOONS in any way you can. You're not making NPO look any better for rewarding you. If you were seriously concerned with your allies' welfare, perhaps you might want to appear to be more than a bad PR machine for yourself and for others associated with you.
[/quote]

Nice try, but its already obvious you guys are proud of pushing people out of the community. You can try to spin this anyway you want, but the fact still remains. Also, I find it kind of funny that you just replied to the winner of last years worst poster, courtesy of a poll started by your allies.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308246394' post='2732517']
[/quote]
It's your primary recruiting thread, it is exclusively about your alliance and this planet, and it provides insight into how your alliance operates ([OOC]Primary goal is to grief the community, handing out awards for forcing deletions, etc[/OOC]). I'd call that relevant in a number of ways.

I'm not slandering you here, I'm only exposing your own inner workings. The actual damage is being done by your own words. You probably shouldn't have put that much info in a publicly viewable location.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Well upon reading this through my original response was:

o/ NPO and allies

But it seems some people were... discontented with our choices in the war and a few others decided to change alliance tags to falsify a statement.

Either way-

o/ NPO and Allies

PS: A big issue in the war was inter-alliance communication and coordination. This was not limited to The Legion in any way. Overall, in a war, one side will win and one side will lose. They key factor is to remain united so we may win next time. Something we want to avoid are things like flames and blame games. That's what the other side loves to see is a fractured enemy.

EDIT: Oh lawd. A whole post without a flame or insult to another person? What's CN coming to?! (i didnt really edit :smug: )

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308249750' post='2732543']
It's your primary recruiting thread, it is exclusively about your alliance and this planet, and it provides insight into how your alliance operates ([OOC]Primary goal is to grief the community, handing out awards for forcing deletions, etc[/OOC]). I'd call that relevant in a number of ways.

I'm not slandering you here, I'm only exposing your own inner workings. The actual damage is being done by your own words. You probably shouldn't have put that much info in a publicly viewable location.
[/quote]

Sorry, bud. You're wrong.

[OOC]In no way, shape, or form, should a person's "reasons for playing this game" be brought into the equation in an IC portion of this forum. You're setting precedent for a wide assortment of 'bringing attention to relevant subjects' by opening the doors to outside-of-CN forms of communication. CN is discussed in many venues outside of CN forums and alliance forums, and those comments expressed in such venues should not be presented to the public in such a manner. I personally have 'CN enemies' of mine privy to my Facebook account, and do not find sharing their personal views over in-game matters to be worthy of being brought up in an IC section of these forums. If you're so desperate to wreak havoc that you have to scour outside sources for dirt on us, perhaps you should reevaluate your life ambitions. Just sayin'.[/OOC]

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308257374' post='2732619']
Sorry, bud. You're wrong.

[OOC]In no way, shape, or form, should a person's "reasons for playing this game" be brought into the equation in an IC portion of this forum. You're setting precedent for a wide assortment of 'bringing attention to relevant subjects' by opening the doors to outside-of-CN forms of communication. CN is discussed in many venues outside of CN forums and alliance forums, and those comments expressed in such venues should not be presented to the public in such a manner. I personally have 'CN enemies' of mine privy to my Facebook account, and do not find sharing their personal views over in-game matters to be worthy of being brought up in an IC section of these forums. If you're so desperate to wreak havoc that you have to scour outside sources for dirt on us, perhaps you should reevaluate your life ambitions. Just sayin'.[/OOC]
[/quote]
No, you're wrong!

[OOC]Things that happen on CN related forums, such as Pacifica's forum or on MK's forum, are absolutely relevant to the game. The same goes for GOONS alliance forums, and by extension, the thread you use to recruit SA members into the game. I'm not saying all of SA is relevant to the game, but that one, single thread, is. What GOONS members say and do in threads other than that recruitment thread, I fully agree are irrelevant to the game. But what they say in do in that thread, as it pertains to the game, is totally relevant to the game. Especially when those reasons are, as rather explicitly stated in that thread, to cause grief to this community, and to drive players out of the game. There is a point when the CN community has to look out for it's own interests, in a manner that uncomfortably, but necessarily, extends outside the strict bounds of RP.

I still have always held the policy that, If I knew anyone from CN from any corner of the political spectrum in real life, I'd sit down and have a friendly drink. There are few exceptions, and those exceptions include those who intentionally damage the game (Though this certainly does not apply to all members of GOONS, and I make no personal accusations here, I'm just observing the trend.)

There are some things that need to be left out and some that need to be addressed. There really is no clear line, as nice as such a construct would be, to divide what is acceptable and what is not. We need to use proper judgement on those issues.

PS: It took next to no effort to find that thread. Just sayin'.[/OOC]

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1308257374' post='2732619']
[/quote]
Look, you guys come from the biggest griefer forum in existence. And then you come on here and try to pretend you're not griefers, while on your griefer forum that you use to recruit from you post claims of successful griefing.

Try harder next time to avoid being so damn obvious.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1308366506' post='2733542']
My apologies for my delayed response, but where's my medal? I held off the raging hordes of NoR for weeks on end to protect Pacifica!
[/quote]

I agree with this.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1308366506' post='2733542']
My apologies for my delayed response, but where's my medal? I held off the raging hordes of NoR for weeks on end to protect Pacifica!
[/quote]
[img]http://juicedpenguin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/big_x.jpg[/img]

here ya go, old man :wub: