From the Body Republic of the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1307338636' post='2725139']
Which was what made stealing the whole .zip from NPO so fun, haha, remember that?
[/quote]
Those were the days :)

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307338684' post='2725142']
Deeply rooted? I await to see Doomhouse hand out ribbons then, maybe theirs will be pink with bows on the ends and will have a picture of a pony in the center.

Or the likely scenario is hardly anyone uses them since they are highly antiquated. Just because it is in a so called tradition for Pacifica to do so, doesn't mean it should. This is supposed to be the New Pacifica, start to be New.
[/quote]
Doomhouse has nothing to do with the culture of Bob. They are the flavor of the month power bloc that will eventually crumble like every one of their predecessors. Culture is culture and it should be held on to. Just because this is a "new pacifica" does not mean that they have to abandon all things form their past. Just because the all mighty DH doesn't do it does not mean it shouldn't be done., they are breeding you sheep more and more obedient as time goes by...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deeply rooted? I await to see Doomhouse hand out ribbons then, maybe theirs will be pink with bows on the ends and will have a picture of a pony in the center.

Or the likely scenario is hardly anyone uses them since they are highly antiquated. Just because it is in a so called tradition for Pacifica to do so, doesn't mean it should. This is supposed to be the New Pacifica, start to be New.
[/quote]

Your joking right?

Just because they hand out some ribbons doesn't mean the evil empire is coming to get you or that they haven't changed. Not to mention I know a few alliances who still passes out ribbons or awards to its members and friends.

[/quote]
I'm not seeing much heckling.

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1307339014' post='2725148']

Doomhouse has nothing to do with the culture of Bob. They are the flavor of the month power bloc that will eventually crumble like every one of their predecessors. Culture is culture and it should be held on to. Just because this is a "new pacifica" does not mean that they have to abandon all things form their past. Just because the all mighty DH doesn't do it does not mean it shouldn't be done., they are breeding you sheep more and more obedient as time goes by...
[/quote]

I don't recall seeing any of the other alliances that fought this war, or seem to remember any alliances in the war before this one use ribbons. So I suppose that means that the culture of Bob does not use Ribbons.

Since I rather am not a fan of either side, I doubt I could be called a "sheep". But as far as sheep go, the only sheep I see here are Pacifican sheep. Where the mighty Pacifican Shepard leads its flock, the sheep are sure to follow, even into the meat grinder.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1307339170' post='2725151']
Your joking right?

Just because they hand out some ribbons doesn't mean the evil empire is coming to get you or that they haven't changed. Not to mention I know a few alliances who still passes out ribbons or awards to its members and friends.
[/quote]

And do they make huge OWF posts to honor them? I may be wrong in this, but this is the first one I have seen in the longest time. There is nothing wrong to honor your members and friends, but there are other ways to show it than going "Hey, you shed pixels and stats for us, here is a pretty ribbon."

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1307339317' post='2725154']
New Pacifica? I thought the Order is the Order...no rebranding or such.
[/quote]

Don't you remember being told by Pacifica that it was going to lead itself in a "New" manner after it finished paying off Karma reps?

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307339349' post='2725156']
Since I rather am not a fan of either side, I doubt I could be called a "sheep".
[/quote]
I called you a sheep therefore I have proven that you can be called a sheep. I hope that erases any doubts you might have had. Now that we have that out of the way...
[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307339349' post='2725156']
I don't recall seeing any of the other alliances that fought this war, or seem to remember any alliances in the war before this one use ribbons. So I suppose that means that the culture of Bob does not use Ribbons.[/quote]
The culture of this world dates much further back than two wars and even if it didn't I am willing to bet you are quite wrong. Ribbons are usually awarded privately within an alliance for sacrifices made by its members, however occasionally an alliance will want to honor people form outside their own alliance and you end up with a thread such as this one which very much falls in line with the tradition of giving a ribbon or medal as a token of appreciation for sacrifices made.

Edited by King Srqt

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1307321150' post='2724685']
[b][u]We didn't do it for the recognition, we did it because we knew it was right[/u][/b], something special in an age where people would rather attack people who have done nothing wrong then to do what is right rather then what is wrong.
[/quote]
This is rich.
Onwards pacifica

I can't believe anyone finds anything controversial about this.

Thank you Pacifica, it was an honor to fight alongside you. o/ our fellow Order, and o/ our allies in TPF, ASU, PhR, and CD.

Edited by Varianz

Here's my line of thought:

1) Ribbons = Old
2) Pacifica is using Ribbons
3) Assume alliance policy and culture is antiquated based on use of Ribbons.
4) Babies
5) Now I've got your attention you blabbering fools

Edited by Heyman

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1307339743' post='2725164']
The culture of this world dates much further back than two wars and even if it didn't I am willing to bet you are quite wrong. Ribbons are usually awarded privately within an alliance for sacrifices made by its members, however occasionally an alliance will want to honor people form outside their own alliance and you end up with a thread such as this one which very much falls in line with the tradition of giving a ribbon or medal as a token of appreciation for sacrifices made.
[/quote]

Well aren't you an intelligent fella to realize that there has been five years and six months of luxurious history of tradition and culture to go around in this community. While alliances do things in private is fine and dandy and how they want to do things in their own private communities is fine for making their members feel wanted, there is no relevant point anymore to post things like that on the OWF.

Furthermore, you do not need to publicize publicly that you respect and are thankful for your allies. I am sure they appreciate it just the same to get a query on IRC saying, "Hey thanks for sticking with us it really means a lot." Rather instead what you have here is a thread that screams a whole lot of "Hey look at us, we hand off colored pixels to the alliances that fought for us that at the end of the day means absolutely nothing."

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307339573' post='2725161']
And do they make huge OWF posts to honor them? I may be wrong in this, but this is the first one I have seen in the longest time. There is nothing wrong to honor your members and friends, but there are other ways to show it than going "Hey, you shed pixels and stats for us, here is a pretty ribbon."
[/quote]

Due to the number of alliances they are honoring I would say it is justified and a useful way of doing it. They are saying to the world that they thank those alliances for their hard work and support so I don't see a problem with it.

aww, shucks. We are pretty awesome. More people should give us ribbons.

[/quote]
Just because no one has given you a My Little Pony war ribbon yet doesn't mean you have to get all jealous in here. If you want a ribbon so badly, go talk to your allies and ask nicely and I'm sure they'll be happy to work something out with you.

I'm not sure who your allies are since I'm not sure who you are, but I'm sure even a bulb as dim as you has to have some friends.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307340444' post='2725183']
Well aren't you an intelligent fella to realize that there has been five years and six months of luxurious history of tradition and culture to go around in this community. While alliances do things in private is fine and dandy and how they want to do things in their own private communities is fine for making their members feel wanted, there is no relevant point anymore to post things like that on the OWF.

Furthermore, you do not need to publicize publicly that you respect and are thankful for your allies. I am sure they appreciate it just the same to get a query on IRC saying, "Hey thanks for sticking with us it really means a lot." Rather instead what you have here is a thread that screams a whole lot of "Hey look at us, we hand off colored pixels to the alliances that fought for us that at the end of the day means absolutely nothing."
[/quote]

Your argument is both hilarious and full of holes. There are topics out there with more [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2580585]useless pictures[/url] than this one. You've got better things to do than to pick at the intention of an award ceremony and announce your brilliant insight inferred from it. Did it really bug you that much? :smug:

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307339573' post='2725161']
Don't you remember being told by Pacifica that it was going to lead itself in a "New" manner after it finished paying off Karma reps?
[/quote]
Yeah very well however I do believe you totally misunderstood what was meant by that, it was pertaining to Pacifica's abandonment of certain practices (PZI, etc, etc). I am not quite sure how you lumped ribbons to allies in that bracket. But hey if it upsets you that much then by all means carry on.

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1307340444' post='2725183']
Well aren't you an intelligent fella to realize that there has been five years and six months of luxurious history of tradition and culture to go around in this community. While alliances do things in private is fine and dandy and how they want to do things in their own private communities is fine for making their members feel wanted, there is no relevant point anymore to post things like that on the OWF.[/quote]
I am quite intelligent, thanks for noticing!

There is plenty of point. Publicly thanking someone is a great way to show appreciation, maybe you are right though, if only there were a community forum where an [b]Alliance[/b] could [b]announce[/b] there gratitude without taking away form the multitude of deep thought consuming discussion that is the current OWF...
[quote]
[/quote]

To me it screams "hey we appreciate what you did enough to take the time to create this award and make a presentation of it to honor you" and while maybe said award doe snot serve any real functional purpose or have any value to anyone outside of NPO and those who were honored there are plenty of people who will truly appreciate the time and effort NPO put in to showing gratitude.

I am sure they didn't mean to offend you so with their gesture of thanks, maybe they should make you a ribbon as an apology.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1307340768' post='2725185']
aww, shucks. We are pretty awesome. More people should give us ribbons.

Just because no one has given you a My Little Pony war ribbon yet doesn't mean you have to get all jealous in here. If you want a ribbon so badly, go talk to your allies and ask nicely and I'm sure they'll be happy to work something out with you.

I'm not sure who your allies are since I'm not sure who you are, but I'm sure even a bulb as dim as you has to have some friends.
[/quote]

Now now Heftie, hop of our babies :P
You go enjoy your ribbon, no need to boast that you got one or whatever you are trying to establish.... :P

To Zeon:-
[img]http://webkinznewz.ganzworld.com/images/blog_images/2009/09/ribb788orn_happy-230x300.png[/img]

Okay so we are arguing over ribbons being awarded which really impacts no one but those who being awarded them.. and it is considered irrelevant? I could say the same for the government announcements posted every month. It is rather simple: if you think it is irrelevant and a waste of time, why are you even commenting on it? Seems like a pointless argument for the sake of arguing.

It is to recognize people they think are deserving - this is a tradition. There used to be awards handed out for best diplomats, people regularly honor their allies publicly if they think they have done something to merit it. NPO thought these alliances merited it. Rather simple. Posting it in public also shows respect for those who fought for them.

Do we really have to make an argument out of everything just because it is NPO posting it? It is getting old... oh wait, that is also more than a 2 year old tradition. :rolleyes: