The New and Improved tR!

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/c/c7/UED_new.png[/img] [img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/e/e0/TheResistance002.jpg[/img][/center]

In our everlasting fight against the Zerg menace, the UED armies came across this lost planet home of The Resistance as they called themselves. We came among these people with peace and through that a friendship was kindled to save the last of humanity against the Zerg. We saw how inefficient we were in fighting apart each other and united by a common enemy we shall prevail. Now as The Resistance and the mighty armies of the UED fight side by side, we shall finally exterminate this pest from our galaxy. The Zerg shall fall and humanity as we know it shall be reunited under a common banner. As we all know, if we can't live together, then we're gonna die alone.
The United Earth Directorate has merged into The Resistance and so we have some changes to the alliance.

CHARTER:

[spoiler]
[size=24pt]Charter[/size]

[size=24pt]The Resistance Charter[/size]

[size=14pt]INTRODUCTION[/size]
The The Resistance (TR) is an alliance of many nations who vow to help one another through top notch advice on national engineering and military or economic support. In order for the alliance to achieve this goal it must work together as a group so that it can prevail and overcome all obstacles. In turn if the alliance prospers, every member within will prosper. The following document holds the rules and regulations for our alliance. Obeying these laws guarantees that your membership is both successful and rewarding. Any violation of the following laws will result in a penalty that The Ministry considers a just repercussion.

[size=14pt]COMMON SENSE [/size]
When reading this constitution and all lawful charters, common sense should be applied when interpreting the wording and application of The Resistance’s Law (Internal Policy). Furthermore, where the existing documents do not cover explicit circumstances, common sense should be used to in order to resolve a scenario so long as it does not contradict the laws and regulations proscribed by the body legislative or contravene an executive order.
[size=14pt]The Resistance’s Government [/size]
The War Council – The Resistance shall be led by a War Council of a fluid amount of members depending on what the circumstances call for however many people need to be on the council. Each member of the War Council shall work in any department as they wish and can choose to change working in a department as they wish. Each Councilman shall have an equal vote and an equal voice in the War Council. There shall be an election in the War Council to choose the Prime Minster of the Council who shall head up its day to day activities and will lead the council in the votes and other secretarial work. The Prime Minister shall not have any more power over the War Council than another Councilor.

[size=12pt]Application Procedure[/size]
Anyone wishing to apply into the TR must change their A.A. to "The Resistance" and complete the following procedure by creating a new thread here. Please read the rest of this topic before you begin your application.
1. Register for an account in this forum using the same name you used on Cyber Nations.

2. The name of your thread here should be "YOUR NAME's Application".

3. In your thread please fill out the following information:

Nation's Ruler - Must be the same as your forum name. Nation's Link - A direct link to your nation. Nation's Strength - The strength of your nation. Any Current Wars - Yes or No if you are in any wars. Past Alliances - Write N/A if you never were in an alliance. Recruiters Name - Who recruited you?. Why do you want to join the TR? - Answer the question.

For ease of use you can copy the following format and fill it out:

Nation's Ruler:

Nation's Link:

Nation's Strength:

Any current wars:

Past Alliances:

Recruiters Name:

Why do you want to join the TR?

4. After you apply a member of our government will ask you several questions before the process is complete.

[size=14pt]Laws of the The Resistance [/size]

[size=12pt]INTERNAL LAW[/size]
Joining this alliance for the purpose of passing along confidential information such as discussion of treaties and private IRC discussions is considered grounds to be removed from the alliance and destroyed.

No member of the Resistance shall declare war on another member. Doing so will result in appropriate punishments up to and including exile and ZI.

No member of the Resistance shall attack another alliance with five or more nations. Should this happen you will be expected to peace out at once and be prepared to supply reparations or otherwise. Refusal is grounds for dismissal from the alliance or to be left at the mercy of the opposing alliance.

[size=12pt]FOREIGN POLICY[/size]
The Resistance, for the purpose of pursuing relationships, will only recognize alliances as a group of twenty or more nations grouped together under the same alliance affiliation.

The Resistance will endeavor to treat all other alliances with respect and goodwill, irrespective of any history or underlying issues that may exist between The Resistance and any other party. The Resistance will grant all requests for an embassy on our forums and will permit a representative from any other alliance to act as a diplomat.

The Resistance will attempt to solve all external issues with diplomacy first and foremost. The Resistance also acknowledges that such an act is not always possible or welcomed. The Resistance holds treatied alliances in very high regard and any member of The Resistance found to be in breach of an active treaty will be subject to internal punishment. No external action will ever be endorsed by The Resistance.

The Resistance will not attack any other alliance without a formal declaration of war. In the absence of such, should any member of The Resistance attack another alliance, The Resistance will seek to remedy the situation peacefully with the offer of financial compensation.

The Resistance will not tolerate any form of spying on its members by another alliance. An act of spying will be considered an act of war, and thus dealt with accordingly.

The Resistance reserves the right to respond to its allies by a military action should our allies declare war on another alliance or should another alliance attack our allies. Similarly, any act of spying against The Resistance’s allies will be considered a de facto state of war against The Resistance and will be met with a response deemed appropriate for the circumstances.

[size=12pt]PEACE TIME POLICY[/size]

The Resistance permits tech raiding under strict and heavily regulated guidelines. As a member of The Resistance, you may request to "tech raid" other nations. All requests must be made in the appropriate section of the forum and following the guidelines provided by the post. Under no circumstances will a nation of The Resistance ever declare war without the proper authorization of the leadership. All tech raids must be approved!

Should you be attacked by another nation, you will report your war to the command as soon as possible, and you will not retaliate or declare peace without the proper authorization.

Any nation attacking a member of The Resistance that isn`t affiliated with an alliance is entitled to choose between pursuing peace and enlisting in The Resistance or certain death. The Resistance reserves the right to use as much or as little force as it deems necessary.

If any nation that is a member of another alliance attacks a member of The Resistance, they may not launch any kind of retaliatory action after ours, but must first wait until their alliance follows up on the incident with diplomacy in order to achieve peace or any compensation. Failure to give this courtesy will mean that the member in question will start a war.

[size=12pt]WAR TIME POLICY[/size]
The Resistance permits all members to attack any nation that has been assigned to be destroyed, however The Resistance doesn’t permit attacking any of the aforementioned assigned nations when it`s in a state of war.

Should an unaffiliated nation attack a member during a time of war, then that nation will be branded rouge and placed on The Resistance’s Z.I. list.

Should a nation in alliance that the TR is not at war with attack a member of The Resistance during a time of war with another alliance, then that nation will also be placed on The Resistance’s Z.I. list.

If a member of the TR is at war prior to The Resistance`s Declaration of War on another alliance, and regardless of whom the member may be fighting, peace must be reached as soon as possible.

Any member of the TR found to be disobeying orders from his superior or deserting during a time of war will be subject to expulsion from the alliance and placed on The Resistance’s Z.I. list.

Furthermore, any alliance which accepts a member of The Resistance who chose to desert during a time of war will reject that member from their alliance A.S.A.P. Accepting or protecting that member from repercussions will be considered an act of war.
[/spoiler]

Our IRC channel is #tr and our forum is at www.cn-tr.co.cc (It is still being built so its not online right now) Please come visit us and have some jollies!

Tl;dr: UED merges into tR, new stuff everywhere

Signed, The Resistance War Council:

King Death II
Sorel
MalakaiSwift
kingshawn16
Nucks8
Drakis
zigbigadorlou

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/a/a2/Intflag7.png[/img][/center]

[u][size="4"]A Notice of Protection From The International[/size][/u]

The International will be protecting the UED alliance affiliation untill further notice

Furthermore, INT recognizes this as the official tR government

That is all

So, what of that anamu7tram guy who you (INT) were just supporting as tR's leader? I don't see him on the gov list up there. Is he supporting this merger, or are you guys just kinda kicking him out of power after you enabled his public display of idiocy so that your protectorate can get a few new inactive members?

[quote name='Duckz3' timestamp='1307306030' post='2724512']
Another one. Really? Isnt INT the third alliance protecting the same AA?
[/quote]

Huh? We already had a treaty with both of the involved alliances. MDoAP with tR, and a protectorate with UED.

Edited so it's clear who I'm talking to.

Edited by sir pwnage

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1307306119' post='2724513']
So, what of that anamu7tram guy who you (INT) were just supporting as tR's leader? I don't see him on the gov list up there. Is he supporting this merger, or are you guys just kinda kicking him out of power after you enabled his public display of idiocy so that your protectorate can get a few new inactive members?
[/quote]

WE (INT) are not kicking anyone out of power

We're simply supporting our ally in tR, despite who decides to merge into them

Anamu was inactive and not doing anything with tR what so ever, so when UED told us they were merging into tR, we simply offered our support

It's hilarious that the previous idiot leader of tR has literally no involvement in gov. Did he actually agree to this, or did you guys just undertake a hostile invasion of the AA?

That being said, you'll give it a better name than he could.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1307306361' post='2724519']
WE (INT) are not kicking anyone out of power

We're simply supporting our ally in tR, despite who decides to merge into them

Anamu was inactive and not doing anything with tR what so ever, so when UED told us they were merging into tR, we simply offered our support
[/quote]

Oh, okay. So you're not kicking him out of power yourselves, you're just lending your support to someone else who is doing just that. That is a massive difference, and I'm thankful that you pointed it out for me.

Ok... so our protectorate merges into one of our allies... and by continuing to protect the ex-protectorates AA, we're helping him to, apparently, take over our other ally? I don't follow that line of thought at all. We're simply preventing tech raiders from attacking people still on the UED AA. That's all, as far as I know.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1307307490' post='2724528']
Oh, okay. So you're not kicking him out of power yourselves, you're just lending your support to someone else who is doing just that. That is a massive difference, and I'm thankful that you pointed it out for me.
[/quote]

I didn't say there was a massive difference, did I? I said that we (INT) were doing nothing more than lending support to an ally, after you made the claim that we were the ones doing it directly.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1307308224' post='2724532']
Ok... so our protectorate merges into one of our allies... and by continuing to protect the ex-protectorates AA, we're helping him to, apparently, take over our other ally? I don't follow that line of thought at all. We're simply preventing tech raiders from attacking people still on the UED AA. That's all, as far as I know.
[/quote]
That's not the relevant point. He is saying that UED took over tR because, while this is being billed as a simple merger, contains only UED members in gov and the (now former) leader of tR is now being denounced by his former ally. They even changed the charter. It looks a lot like a takeover to me.

[quote name='anamu7tram' timestamp='1307311196' post='2724555']
I would have supported this merger without a doubt if it wasn't for the fact that am the last person to know.

i will be contacting my old members and we might not recognize this government.
[/quote]

You have no choice. Your only foreign supporters were in the Int, who now supports this new government.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1307306361' post='2724519']
[/quote]

Inactive? I've seen him around for quite a while recently so uh, how was he inactive?

I think your phonelines might be faulty or maybe anamus are, eitherway, I suggest getting someone to look into your communication problems.