What Would It Take?

Max Power

Given the relatively recent talk of PZI, and our nearly universal condemnation of it, it got me wondering what would be a justifiable reason to PZI someone. Clearly insults won't do it, nor will a bunch of other things, so what's good enough? Forum hacking? Egregious log dumping? Something else? Anything at all? Curious to see if people have differing answers for this too.

(Not sure whether this thread is more OOC or IC, as it straddles the line. Mods, feel free to put it wherever you think is best.)

I prefer the method employed by NPO and GOONS over ZI: they go on a target list, and they don't come off it until they plead their case or we feel they've had enough. It's just so much more efficient.

IMO, espionage. Logdumping is one thing, but actually actively sabotaging an alliance from the inside is another. Or joining an alliance for the purpose of leaking everything in their top government. And one sample that I agreed with was a rogue who went rogue multiple times on the same alliance (but was too low for most active people to hit).

Even then, I'm in support of multiple ZIs, zero tech, or decomming wonders, rather than PZI.

Nothing deserves EZI, though.

PZI is not really as bad as some people think, it's more like 'destroy all their tech, wonders, infra, money', since they have the chance to reroll. Actually, as someone who's done a lot of ZIs, I think even standard ZI is sort of an obsolete concept. It's very easy with nukes, but without them, cruise missiles, air attacks, defeat alerts do little to no damage. You do more damage to your own alliance sentencing someone to ZI than you do to the target. And at that point cruise missiles cost more than the damage they dished out. It's symbolic, but it's tactically dumb, especially since most ZI sentences end with someone at ~4 infra, and people just call it a ZI.

I'd rather see people sentenced to "half infra" for things like non-nuclear roguing or accidentally blurting out warchests and "100 infra" for nuclear rogues and dumping a single private log.

Edited by MrMuz

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1307085338' post='2723013']
A PZI or ZIZTZL sentence is not about economics really, it is about a desire to make someone rue the day they did whatever it is that they did. For a long time to come. Specially if your alliance is not all thumbs when it comes to staggers.
[/quote]

Oh hello Terry Howard. :V

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1307085338' post='2723013']
A PZI or ZIZTZL sentence is not about economics really, it is about a desire to make someone rue the day they did whatever it is that they did. For a long time to come. Specially if your alliance is not all thumbs when it comes to staggers.
[/quote]

It's harder to regret what you did when you can lie dead knowing that you're crippling a hated alliance's lower tier. As it goes, a person getting ZI'ed does more damage than they take, which makes a rogue quite happy.

Edited by MrMuz

PZI (or EZI across any potential future rerolls) requires a lot of persistence and probably more work than its worth. I don't think anything someone could do would make me obsess over what they're doing enough to try keeping them at a constant state of ZI, letting them try to build up and come at me again sounds more fun if we're bound to fight again anyways. Also way back when alliances would attempt PZI, I think someone posted an open treaty on OWF for anyone to sign agreeing not to EZI anyone if they end up in a position to do so, I think I signed that which would be another reason for me not to attempt it even if I wouldn't bother anyways.

Edit: Also as MrMuz pointed out, when they're less than 100 infra and the closer they are to 0, cruise missile, nukes, bombing runs, everything does less damage to their infra. So to get that last tiny amount of infra down for the symbolic 0 infra, you ended up wasting a lot of nukes, cruise missiles and money on an already unresponsive target until they get more aid in. Then once they get the aid in all the damage you've spend the last 5 days doing with a lot of focus attacks while wasting money on someone who doesn't care will easily get rebuilt within minutes and just help to reduce their bills if they've been saving their tax collections along with their bill payments for later. The lowest 20 infra is nothing compared to $3m+ in aid and doesn't make a difference if the aid doesn't come, but takes a lot of attacks to get rid off if you're trying to ZI someone.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1307091652' post='2723040']
It's harder to regret what you did when you can lie dead knowing that you're crippling a hated alliance's lower tier. As it goes, a person getting ZI'ed does more damage than they take, which makes a rogue quite happy.
[/quote]
No doubt about it, people get their jollies in sorts of ways. As long as they are happy, and the ZIers are happy, i say everyone wins. Well except maybe the professional and pro-am "i am aghast" brigade.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1307096937' post='2723049']
No doubt about it, people get their jollies in sorts of ways. As long as they are happy, and the ZIers are happy, i say everyone wins. [/quote]

ZI's for everyone!

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1307115296' post='2723116']
ZI'ing is for sissies. Real overlords destroy their alliance.
[/quote]

Ha, speaking of ultimate punishments, what does it take for an alliance to be worth disbanding?

I personally don't think anyone should even be ZIed, if they are a rogue pound them bellow your target range and then ignore them. If they are someone who can actually provide some fun in a fight then have fun :D

As a wise man once said

[quote]WOOOOOOOOOO PARTY!!![/quote]

I do not understand the meaning of ZI, PZI, or EZI'ing anyone. What's it good for, really? You're going to take away some of their cash, their infra. Maybe some tech if you're lucky. You'll lose cash, etc. What's this going to solve though, I'll tell you; nothing. They will just join another alliance or re-roll and voila! You lost a bunch of money for nothing.

I say, don't ZI. If you want to get back at them, do something useful. Sabotage them. I.E. Don't allow them to be social in the game, join an alliance, etc.

Destroying their Infra. really doesn't do anything. A few alliance have this down, but most don't. That's my opinion.

Ezequiel.

Edited by Ezequiel