June STA Press Conference

I'm going to ask the question everyone is dying to know. Who does STA view as the true leader of The Arab League?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1307073986' post='2722933']
It doesn't bother you that our side wasn't able to put together a winning coalition in a war that most everyone could see coming? Why/why not?
[/quote]

Maybe if fewer alliances had ducked out so early it would have gone better?

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1307080411' post='2722985']
Maybe if fewer alliances had ducked out so early it would have gone better?
[/quote]

No.. the problem is that the two Orders successfully isolated themselves so much that only people like STA were prepared to defend them. This will remain the case until this world ends. I can't think of a single alliance who ducked out on their obligations which would have changed the outcome of the war (in fact, I can't think of an alliance who refused to honour a treaty, period.)

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1307080662' post='2722986']
No.. the problem is that the two Orders successfully isolated themselves so much that only people like STA were prepared to defend them. This will remain the case until this world ends. I can't think of a single alliance who ducked out on their obligations which would have changed the outcome of the war (in fact, I can't think of an alliance who refused to honour a treaty, period.)
[/quote]
I think he was referring to MCXA in particular...

[quote name='Gloin' timestamp='1307081792' post='2722990']
I think he was referring to MCXA in particular...
[/quote]

Ah, I see.

Edit: mind you, the military powerhouse which is MCXA wouldn't have made much difference.

Edited by Kalasin

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1307108334' post='2723082']
It's a little late, but what so you think about Terra Cotta's move to white?
[/quote]

We've literally answered this question in the last three press conferences. :P

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1307109495' post='2723089']
We've literally answered this question in the last three press conferences. :P
[/quote]
As I said, a little late to the party.

That being said, I need to read through these things more :D

[quote name='brokenhead' timestamp='1307110910' post='2723096']
Is that a pile of poo on your war ribbon?
[/quote]

It's called "beating the s$@% out of your opponents." :facepalm:

About 9 Months ago, you were allied to the Mushroom Kingdom. How do you think both of you have changed since then, and where do you think the relationship currently stands?

STA only has 3(?) Treaties. Do you see the number changing, and in which way? Are you comfortable with the number of allies STA has?

EDIT: Saw this on the wiki, and was curious about this. You've been allied to MK three times. After every *forced* cancellation, you resigned. Thoughts on that, and what happened?

Edited by Baltus

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1307124959' post='2723199']
About 9 Months ago, you were allied to the Mushroom Kingdom. How do you think both of you have changed since then, and where do you think the relationship currently stands?[/quote]

We haven't changed much if any. We still stand for and against the same things we did nine months ago. 

As for the relationship they dropped our treaty, executed a preemptive attack that drew away our allies from being able to defend us in an already ongoing war, some of their members  went out of their way to attack our leader even though our two alliances were never at war, and they used peace terms to extend their war against one of our allies. 

I'd describe things as chilly. 

[quote]
STA only has 3(?) Treaties. Do you see the number changing, and in which way? Are you comfortable with the number of allies STA has?
[/quote]

Despite our loss in the last war I'm fairly comfortable with things. Our allies were split up through very unusual circumstances, one was stuck in a war we don't think should have happen and another was caught up defending against an unprovoked attack, but we know we can count on them. In a normal situation I think we have [i]adequate[/I] protection. 

That said we would not be opposed to adding on a new ally if we could find one that fit with our ideals and that we could trust as implicitly as we do our current allies. In the current anti-moralists climate someone like that is tough to find though.

[quote]
EDIT: Saw this on the wiki, and was curious about this. You've been allied to MK three times. After every *forced* cancellation, you re-signed. Thoughts on that, and what happened?
[/quote]

There's not really much to say here. We were friends in past. We defended and supported each other politically and militarily. Then they dropped us and moved on to other things.