Mercenaries needed *URGENT*

Hey guys,
Tasticbourg, Black Team, of The Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism, attacked Thorenthal and took 20 Tech from us, while killing 500 soldiers. This attack was followed by one from Regione mortis, of the same team and alliance, who took 9 Tech and $10,984.23 from us, while killing 970 soldiers and causing $60,292.28 damage. I can't fight for myself, so I need other nations to fight for me (I have a very low strength level). I can pay them any amount of money or soldiers they wish, though it may take a while. I can also open trade to nations that help me (Our resources are Wheat and Lumber).

What I need for you guys to do is to retrieve at least 20 Tech from BOTH nations, which shall be returned to me via foreign aid. These I'm on the Green Team and will gladly join any alliance which will fight on my behalf.

Please, hurry. I can't take much more.

Oh, and if you're wondering how this started, Tasticbourg did a tech raid on us. other attacks followed.

Might I refer you to [url=http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=3783.0]Hired GOONS[/url] act? For a small fee, one of our agents will make your enemy pay, satisfaction guaranteed!

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]note: the agent contracted to this assignment may or may not be the person who you want eliminated himself[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1306969297' post='2722250']
Might I refer you to [url=http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=3783.0]Hired GOONS[/url] act? For a small fee, one of our agents will make your enemy pay, satisfaction guaranteed!

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]note: the agent contracted to this assignment may or may not be the person who you want eliminated himself[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
[/quote]
The GOONS are the ones who attacked me. Unless you hold no qualms about attacking your own kind, I don't see any help there. I'll keep it in mind for future wars, however.

[quote name='Board of Directees' timestamp='1306960463' post='2722148']
Hey guys,
Tasticbourg, Black Team, of The Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism, attacked Thorenthal and took 20 Tech from us, while killing 500 soldiers. This attack was followed by one from Regione mortis, of the same team and alliance, who took 9 Tech and $10,984.23 from us, while killing 970 soldiers and causing $60,292.28 damage. I can't fight for myself, so I need other nations to fight for me (I have a very low strength level). I can pay them any amount of money or soldiers they wish, though it may take a while. I can also open trade to nations that help me (Our resources are Wheat and Lumber).

What I need for you guys to do is to retrieve at least 20 Tech from BOTH nations, which shall be returned to me via foreign aid. These I'm on the Green Team and will gladly join any alliance which will fight on my behalf.

Oh, and if you're wondering how this started, Tasticbourg did a tech raid on us. other attacks followed.
[/quote]

This is just swell. If the goons mentioned were in my range, I'd attack them for a fee of 1 million dollars.

[center][img]http://usedbooksblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dr-evil.JPG[/img][/center]

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Board of Directees' timestamp='1306960463' post='2722148']
Hey guys,

Oh, and if you're wondering how this started, Tasticbourg did a tech raid on us. other attacks followed.[/quote]

And now information that you can actually use...

GOONS allows their members to raid "unaligned" nations, unaligned being defined as GOONS see fit, your definition is irrelevant to them. They don't care what your losses and will not compensate you. If you think that's unfair, it is. Unfortunately the ethics of this 'verse are such that they can get away with it unless you can somehow manage to bring political and diplomatic pressure on them. Good luck with that--GOONS is pretty well connected and their allies cheerfully look the other way when it comes to most of their shenanigans.

If I were you, I would go two channels on this. First, have your nation(s) under attack ask for peace. If it is not accepted, contact GOONS government and diplomatically ask for peace.

Meanwhile, I would contact a much larger alliance and arrange for emergency protection (once in place, the alliance contacted should at that point contact GOONS and work out a diplomatic solution). From there you will need to negotiate a protectorate agreement. Many larger alliances have small alliances that they take under their wing as protectorates. Some even mentor the smaller alliance and offer them advice, business deals in the form of tech selling agreement, trade agreements, etc.

I wish you luck and please, don't become discouraged and quit. All of us at some point or other end up at war or in a diplomatic crisis, and in all cases, the old adage is true, "this too shall pass."

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307026923' post='2722566']

I wish you luck and please, don't become discouraged and quit. All of us at some point or other end up at war or in a diplomatic crisis, and in all cases, the old adage is true, "this too shall pass."
[/quote]

I am fairly sure that this is not such an old adage as a line from The Two Towers during Sam's speech at the end.

Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some GOONS in this world, Mr. Frodo... and they're worth hiding from in some gullible alliance.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307026923' post='2722566']
And now information that you can actually use...

GOONS allows their members to raid "unaligned" nations, unaligned being defined as GOONS see fit, your definition is irrelevant to them. They don't care what your losses and will not compensate you. If you think that's unfair, it is. Unfortunately the ethics of this 'verse are such that they can get away with it unless you can somehow manage to bring political and diplomatic pressure on them. Good luck with that--GOONS is pretty well connected and their allies cheerfully look the other way when it comes to most of their shenanigans.
[/quote]
Allows?
It is a part of the game and i would much prefer to be unaligned just so i can tech raid,tech raiding is a way of life and a part of this game.
you can either rebuild or keep on crying and become a ChairmanHal.

Edited by Lord Velox

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1307060849' post='2722828']
Allows?
It is a part of the game and i would much prefer to be unaligned just so i can tech raid,tech raiding is a way of life and a part of this game.
you can either rebuild or keep on crying and become a ChairmanHal.[/quote]

1. There is no rule in the game mechanics that makes raiding "part of this game".
2. Raiding as part of the "unofficial" rules of the game can be conducted by anyone, but alliances usually restrict the raiding activities conducted by their members, either due to diplomatic considerations, ethical grounds, or other reasons.
3. Unaligned nations by the "unofficial" rules that raid are generally considered rogues and while being a rogue can be fun, your life is generally brutal and short.

Lord Velox, I was raiding before your nation existed. This is an OOC area involving the answering of questions by players without regard to alliance affiliation. Everything I said is true. This is no "crying" here.

Oh and...the OP would do well to become a 'ChairmanHal'. I've had over 4 years of fun with this game and plan to have some more before the server shuts down. :smug:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1307063785' post='2722851']
Lord Velox, I was raiding before your nation existed. This is an OOC area involving the answering of questions by players without regard to alliance affiliation. Everything I said is true. This is no "crying" here.
[/quote]
You'd be surprised.