Justitia Nike

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1306781747' post='2720731']
Ya'll are laughing now, but can either of you really say your alliances claim to uphold your ideals and morals?
[/quote]

I wasn't laughing until I read this post, actually.

Congrats, Schatt...at least you're accomplishing what you set out to accomplish.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1306801681' post='2720908']
Probably because Europa ignored all of its treaties and you're in Europa.
[/quote]

2 words for ya: non-chaining MDP. (at the time)

4 more words: ~$245 million in aid.

I'd say Europa answered its treaty well enough.

On another note: congrats to CoJ for surviving 2 years. As much as I might dislike Schatt, I hope the rest of you get through a 3rd as well. :P

Edited for grammar

Edited by ShotgunWilly

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1306814944' post='2721106']
Congrats, Schatt...at least you're accomplishing what you set out to accomplish.
[/quote]
Thanks, nippy. Do we wish we were bigger some days? Certainly. Is it fun to sign lots of treaties? Of course. Would it be awesome to be in some cool new bloc? Always. There are alliances bigger, more popular, older, stronger, et al than CoJ, and if we wanted those things, we would run ourselves just like those alliances. But at that point, we might as well hang it up and merge with one of them. I knew the week that Sponge announced The Liquor Cabinet and I announced CoJ to Vox Populi and Sponge got 25 people and I got 1 that CoJ was probably never going to be huge ("hello, would you like to join a cult?"). And for 3 months it was me and that one guy, and then for a few more months it was 5 of us--we hit 36 and now we're at 17 again. When we've been bigger we've done bigger things, when we've been small we've done smaller things, but we have never just said "oh well, we can't do anything because we don't meet other people's benchmarks." We have our own gauges of success, and sometimes we're right on target, and others we're way off base. But we are here today because we know our goals and we know ourselves.
Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1306819720' post='2721181']
Oh Schatt, you're so predicable. It'd be funnier if it weren't so disgusting.

[21:59] <%Chax[Europa]> inb4 that goes on OWF
[21:59] <&ShotgunWilly> so.... what was that about? and who wants to bet we'll be seeing something about it in his next post

Now, this isn't a knock on Invicta, but I want you to understand that they did, in fact, attack a treaty partner of Europa's. We were in a bad position treaty-wise, and we were in a bad position recovery-wise. Invicta didn't activate our treaty (the whole opt-out thing you don't seem to understand) because they knew we could do far more for them post-war than we could in the actual war. So again, we did make good on our treaty.

Let's post the whole log from your little IRC adventure, shall we?

[21:56] <+Schattenmann> Hey, did Europa use their treaty to help Invicta during the war?
[b][21:57] <~Nascar8FanGA> We did not activate it[/b]
[21:57] <+Schattenmann> lol
[21:58] <%Chax[Europa]> Not during, no.
[21:58] <+Schattenmann> You know, there are alliances that don't have to be asked
[21:58] <%Chax[Europa]> You mean like Europa in NEW/DF?
[21:58] <%Chax[Europa]> 'cause that was the reason we couldn't enter for Invicta
[21:58] <%Chax[Europa]> fighting two sanctioned alliances will do that to a micro
[21:58] <%Chax[Europa]> you of all people should know that.
[21:59] <+Schattenmann> thanks guys

Invicta did not activate our treaty. Let me say that again: Invicta did not activate our treaty. We did not enter the war against their wishes. I know, that's awful of us.

Any other questions?
[/quote]
lol, watching you post irrelevant joke logs is funny, but are you going to post anything good to make it worth showing to friends?

Nice little dodge of Willy's post, Schatt. Your self-proclaimed interest in "investigative journalism" seems to have missed the two huge points that he brought up, and the fact that you can not or will not defend your charges and whining against those points speaks volumes. I'm beginning to understand why so many even in your own coalition don't like you.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1306819982' post='2721186']
lol, watching you post irrelevant joke logs is funny, but are you going to post anything good to make it worth showing to friends?
[/quote]

I wasn't aware you had any to show said logs to. They aren't joke logs, they were in the same channel. Schatt and I have moved our beautiful discussion to private channels, I implore anybody thinking of responding to us to do the same. Thanks and all.

I'm just slightly curious: who the hell are any of you to criticize the inner-workings of the relationship between Europa and Invicta? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you might be wanting to try and interfere with our sovereignty. Fun stuff.

The fact is that, despite your inability to comprehend, there are *gasp* [b]valid reasons[/b] that we didn't activate our treaty with Europa. That is all. Now why don't we all just leave this subject alone, I tire of this pointless bickering...

Edited by ShotgunWilly

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1306821131' post='2721209']
I don't believe everyone has a problem with CoJ. I believe the problem is you.
[/quote]
You talk as if CoJ is more than Schat, you are wrong.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1306819720' post='2721181']
Retracted.
[/quote]
Are you even in CoJ? Good day and let me know when you're ready to fight.