Same house, Two people, Two nations, One computer

Hype365

My brother and i both have a nation and we both use the same computer so thus there is an IP conflict. I do not know what to do as i have heard that our nations will be deleted because our IP is the same. Any advice?

[quote name='unholy saint' timestamp='1306349313' post='2718163']
What is the difference between tournament and standard?
I just started and dont want to have my acct deleted because my brother and i "just happen" to live in the same house and use the same IP
[/quote]
I looked up the tournament version and it's just a mode where you compete with other nations for prizes. Thats prettu much what it is.

They straight up won't change the rules for you. It's a sucky deal but there really isn't another way to prevent multies.

My advice is that maybe one of you could log-in using a phone's 3G network or a computer at a library or at school.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1306331221' post='2718036']
Delete one of the nations ASAP or risk them both being deleted and you both being banned from CN forever.
[/quote]
I would listen to this.. then figure out what you guys are going to do

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1306372817' post='2718323']
There is no such thing as a CN player's brother. :smug:
[/quote]

There is, but only about 5% of the time.

Come to think of it, I wonder how some people do it. I think some people are playing CN with their spouse and there's quite a few from the same college, same school, visit each other's houses, etc. Heck, I know one person who was pranked by a friend into giving him tech+money by a RL friend in the same school and there was no "you two are on the same network" warning.

It's not like I'd have a different IP address than my spouse, and if two people in the same household can have two IP addresses, what's stopping one person in the same household from having two nations with different IP addresses. Though, I know IP address isn't everything, but it seems like some people seem to be able to get around the rules.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1306511263' post='2719020']
There is, but only about 5% of the time.

Come to think of it, I wonder how some people do it. I think some people are playing CN with their spouse and there's quite a few from the same college, same school, visit each other's houses, etc. Heck, I know one person who was pranked by a friend into giving him tech+money by a RL friend in the same school and there was no "you two are on the same network" warning.

It's not like I'd have a different IP address than my spouse, and if two people in the same household can have two IP addresses, what's stopping one person in the same household from having two nations with different IP addresses. Though, I know IP address isn't everything, but it seems like some people seem to be able to get around the rules.
[/quote]
There are ways to get around the rules if you're smart, but more often than not violators tend to not be so smart.

Well, I don't mean finding a way around the rules. More like those people who have close RL friends or family who actually do play together.

• 2 weeks later...