Joint Announcement from the MCXA and UINE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1306004755' post='2716177']
Congratulations to both parties, I've often felt you were made for each other.
[/quote]
I agree with New Frontier. How peculiar. Congrats to both of the alliances involved. :mellow:

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1306024970' post='2716300']
the only remotely interesting thing about this treaty is that it ties two horrible alliances to one another
[/quote]

Kind of reminds me of your treaty with Tetris.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306008804' post='2716208']
Read a little bit deeper into it and it will make sense Jammar. In my time at MCXA we have never signed an optional treaty for the sake of having an optional treaty.
[/quote]

to be fair, I don't think you've signed a whole lot of treaties during your time at MCXA, thus how would we know? :P

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306045698' post='2716481']
I would think it would be obvious that this is a stepping stone treaty. Sirius is just fine.
[/quote]
Well, I guess having two ODPs leaves room for both feet to have their own stone?

After coming through for us twice during the last conflict there was no more natural thing to do then to sign this treaty. I'm proud to call MCXA allies [size="1"](again)[/size] and look forwards to upgrading this treaty in coming days/weeks/months/years (feel free to place bets on that one).

o/ MCXA
o/ UINE

P.S: I also think Gopher's title was WAY better...

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1306024970' post='2716300']
the only remotely interesting thing about this treaty is that it ties two horrible alliances to one another, if it is convenient for them.

why bother?
[/quote]

Heh - you're one to be talking about horrible alliances

Edit: Congrats to MCXA and UINE and much wub to both of you

o/

Edited by Britishdude

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1306212162' post='2717294']
After coming through for us twice during the last conflict there was no more natural thing to do then to sign this treaty. I'm proud to call MCXA allies [size="1"](again)[/size] and look forwards to upgrading this treaty in coming days/weeks/months/years (feel free to place bets on that one).

o/ MCXA
o/ UINE

P.S: I also think Gopher's title was WAY better...
[/quote]

They're also geniuses who compromised the entire war effort because they cannot see further ahead than their lack of preparation one week after the war has started. They're the kind of people who would do better considering if they can actually do anything for their allies before they go to war or if they'll only make it worse for anyone because they are useless like that.

That said, I really like Gopher :)

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1306418268' post='2718462']
They're also geniuses who compromised the entire war effort because they cannot see further ahead than their lack of preparation one week after the war has started. They're the kind of people who would do better considering if they can actually do anything for their allies before they go to war or if they'll only make it worse for anyone because they are useless like that.

[/quote]

I also recall your alliance TFD surrendering a few days later when they were in a much better situation. But hey, you blow that smoke!

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1306418268' post='2718462']

[/quote]
I wasn't actually aware that the whole war effort hinged on us, but I'll take that as a complement.

In regards to the rest, I'm not going to lie and pretend that we put out a stellar performance. We could, and [i]should[/i], have done better - you know it, I know it, and I have no intention of looking like a fool by pretending otherwise. We aren't going to change the past, but we are taking steps to avert a similar situation from occurring in the future. Since the war ended, we've focused on becoming more stringent in enforcing our military standards - a bit of tough love, if you will, to make sure that our members are better-prepared for the annual CN war. A stronger focus on military discipline has come with that, along with the expulsion of some members who jumped into peace without authorization (and possibly some more in the next week or two for those who have failed to take part in these reforms).

We're also streamlining our command structure (it'll be announced after our next elections) to prevent some issues we ran into with conflicting orders during that conflict; a situation that resulted in a fair bit of confusion on the field. Some of the decisions that were made during that conflict were admittedly bad ones, but though we can learn those lessons from history and beware of a repeat in the future, those decisions ultimately come down to the people making them, and there's not a lot we can do procedurally to guard against that.

Though we did put Gopher in charge so he can whack people around. :P

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1306460980' post='2718736']
I wasn't actually aware that the whole war effort hinged on us, but I'll take that as a complement.

In regards to the rest, I'm not going to lie and pretend that we put out a stellar performance. We could, and [i]should[/i], have done better - you know it, I know it, and I have no intention of looking like a fool by pretending otherwise. We aren't going to change the past, but we are taking steps to avert a similar situation from occurring in the future. Since the war ended, we've focused on becoming more stringent in enforcing our military standards - a bit of tough love, if you will, to make sure that our members are better-prepared for the annual CN war. A stronger focus on military discipline has come with that, along with the expulsion of some members who jumped into peace without authorization (and possibly some more in the next week or two for those who have failed to take part in these reforms).

We're also streamlining our command structure (it'll be announced after our next elections) to prevent some issues we ran into with conflicting orders during that conflict; a situation that resulted in a fair bit of confusion on the field. Some of the decisions that were made during that conflict were admittedly bad ones, but though we can learn those lessons from history and beware of a repeat in the future, those decisions ultimately come down to the people making them, and there's not a lot we can do procedurally to guard against that.

Though we did put Gopher in charge so he can whack people around. :P
[/quote]
Welcome back Gopher and don't explain yourselves. Move on, prepare, and mount pictures on your dartboard. The more you answer to them the more you lose focus on the task at hand. Onward and Upward MCXA!

Congrats
o/ MCXA
o/ UINE

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1306080431' post='2716596']
Kind of reminds me of your treaty with Tetris.
[/quote]

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1306415797' post='2718456']
Heh - you're one to be talking about horrible alliances

Edit: Congrats to MCXA and UINE and much wub to both of you

o/
[/quote]

Oh dear lord, government members from Invicta and yet another unoriginal, worthless protectorate think other alliances are terrible? Are all the mirrors broken in your two alliances? Is that the reason for all the fail we've been seeing - bad luck - and not just sheer incompetence? This is an important breakthrough we've just uncovered; there may be hope for you all yet! I look forward to getting to the bottom of this, together!

Also, obligatory lol at a second ODP treaty between two members of Sirius. You joined a bloc together and fought together in war, and still can't muster up the balls for a treaty with something mandatory or aggressive in it? Then again, your thread has given me the above two responses, so maybe I shouldn't go quite so hard on you.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306426965' post='2718488']
I also recall your alliance TFD surrendering a few days later when they were in a much better situation. But hey, you blow that smoke!
[/quote]

We entered the war to defend NV from Sparta's aggression. Sparta attacked NV because they were at war with wF. When we left the conflict, Sparta, MHA and FARK peaced out the war and NV was still at war with wF. And on top of that we were still allowed to defend our allies from further aggression if we wished so or they asked.

On the other hand, the alliances you were at war with moved on to attack other alliances on your side. You let them be dogpilled because your lack of foresight, SCY, was incredible. I warned you at the time but somehow it wasn't obvious enough.

Next time, before you compare the performance of TFD (or NATO or AZTEC) in that war with the one of MCXA, think for a bit.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1306499909' post='2718957']
Also, obligatory lol at a second ODP treaty between two members of Sirius. You joined a bloc together and fought together in war, and still can't muster up the balls for a treaty with something mandatory or aggressive in it? Then again, your thread has given me the above two responses, so maybe I shouldn't go quite so hard on you.
[/quote]

I thought it was pretty obvious that this is an ODP to lead to a MDoAP. I guess you aren't clever enough to figure that out. But hey, I've said that at least twice in this thread. Reading is hard. :rolleyes:

[quote]Next time, before you compare the performance of TFD (or NATO or AZTEC) in that war with the one of MCXA, think for a bit.[/quote]

You have got to be !@$#%ing me. You do realize how close the two situations are right? Here let me show how this thinking thing is done.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1306501077' post='2718962']
We entered the war to defend NV from Sparta's aggression. Sparta attacked NV because they were at war with wF.[/quote]

We entered the war to defend UINE from Tetris, and TCU from the International.

[quote] When we left the conflict, Sparta, MHA and FARK peaced out the war and NV was still at war with wF.[/quote]

When we left the war TCU had peaced out all together, and Tetris peaced out of the war the very next day. In both cases the people we attacked would no longer be at war with our alliess, but hey no similarities at all.

[quote] And on top of that we were still allowed to defend our allies from further aggression if we wished so or they asked.[/quote]

This matters a lot because TFD re-entered the war of course. I forget who you hit after that though. Could you let me know?

[quote]On the other hand, the alliances you were at war with moved on to attack other alliances on your side. You let them be dogpilled because your lack of foresight, SCY, was incredible. I warned you at the time but somehow it wasn't obvious enough.
[/quote]

Question, were MHA, Sparta, and Fark any less able to hit people than CnG when you peaced out with them?

[quote]Next time, before you compare the performance of TFD (or NATO or AZTEC) in that war with the one of MCXA, think for a bit.[/quote]

Next time, before you post in this thread, think for a bit.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306502432' post='2718969']
I thought it was pretty obvious that this is an ODP to lead to a MDoAP. I guess you aren't clever enough to figure that out. But hey, I've said that at least twice in this thread. Reading is hard. :rolleyes: [/quote]

This is a completely useless response which did not in any way address the main point of my post. You're free to try again.

[quote]
When we left the war TCU had peaced out all together, and Tetris peaced out of the war the very next day. In both cases the people we attacked would no longer be at war with our alliess, but hey no similarities at all.
[/quote]

While you're on the subject, IIRC you guys [i]still[/i] haven't given us what we requested as our surrender terms. How many months does it take to write a few hundred words? -_-