To our Friends, Allies, Strangers, and Members:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1305912600' post='2715585']
What was the sanction for?
[/quote]

I believe it was because she decided to ghost CSN after she jumped ship from Gotham, amongst other things.

Edited by Lord Boris

You're seeking the public approval by announcing this Doctrine, but you are damaging it in the same manner. Listen, this community doesn't like to hear from any alliance numerous times in a week, and especially for trivial matters. First, it's ridiculous to impose a limit on yourself of topics...and secondly, that limit is too high. Come here, post in people's threads when you have something worth saying, and post your own topic when it deems merit. Other than that, handle your business internally and chat on irc. The public approval will take care of itself. People notice when an alliance is doing good things and moving in the right direction. They also notice when one isn't. So, just relax. You don't need to present everything you're doing to the OWF and you shouldn't require an "attaboy" for everything you do, either.

The theme of Gotham and the structure has great potential. Stop killing it.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1305903040' post='2715523']
I hope you still keep merging with AcTi as a option. We need to combine fail with fail to create super fail.
[/quote]

Why do you speak so negatively of the alliance that you so legitimately lead?

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1305914844' post='2715612']
Why do you speak so negatively of the alliance that you so legitimately lead?
[/quote]
People who do negative things tend to get remembered.

If you give some one compliments they start slacking, if you give negative feedback they will try harder.

Edited by xoindotnler

This is really good stuff. I never can get enough Gotham announcements. I think what you guys are doing is admirable. I mean, just last week I was walking around aimlessly when I ran into (literally) a homeless guy who was telling me that there's nothing good in the news these days. I was like "whoa bro, stop your tacos right there! there's plenty of epic stuff going on!"

He was like: "Meh, but it's all about WickedJ and his mustache thing flexing nuts and trying to slam on people who don't appreciate mass tech as much as he does".

I was like "Ha! Ya man, but on the real tip, there's epic SUN topics and Gotham stuff, and even this Org XIII crew that seem to be gaining momentum like a runaway truck. I mean, they have an epic FA leader and everything. Im thinking about getting onboard TBH."

Then he was all like: "Yeah, but the deal is that I can't read. I have to have this other dude read it to me and he always adds extra stuff about Gotham"

and I was like: "Naw bro, Gotham be postin with some mad frequency. They have stories to tell, and opinions to share."

"Like what?" he replied.

So that got me thinking about some things I'd like to hear more of from Gotham.

As a few points of interest, I'd appreciate Gotham to make threads about the following:

1) The mythical vultureduck that flew to them with the message to start this awesome alliance
2) The naysayer worm who tried to talk them out of it.
3) The latest planet bob fashions and how gross rampant consumerism will destroy us all
4) Nothing much to report here
5) Here Either

Thanks in advance for your continued professionalism. Average intelligence itt, etc...

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1305917846' post='2715641']
brb... rolling over and dying.
[/quote]
*crosses fingers*

plz take them and mk with you, plz take them and mk with you

[quote]So pretty much just because.
[/quote]

Hard to say no when you receive an eequest from a treaty partner I guess.

Because not everyone wants to go out to an alliance forum for an announcement that could easily have been posted here:

[quote]To our Friends, Allies, Strangers, and Members:

I hereby announce my stance on Cyber Punishments publicly. Therefore, my announcement shall become part of our Charter until it is struck down by the City Management or Mayoral Department.

This is what I hereby state:

As for Zero Infrastructure Punishments (This includes Zero Infrastructure ; Permanent Zero Infrastructure ; and Eternal Zero Infrastructure) :

Gotham shall from henceforth, never declare such punishment and never again shall we make our final decision off of such a list to approve or deny members. We still reserve the right to suspend, to ban, or to request sanctions or foreign alliance bans on nations.

As for Tech Raids:

Gotham shall from henceforth, disallow tech raiding for imperialistic or selfish reasons. We still reserve the right to tech raid for our loans back and defend allies, friends, selves or members.

As for ex-members and members:

Gotham does not condone the lack of good conduct of members and ex-members of our alliance, but they do not speak for us.

As for OWF:

Unless in a time of war, Gotham will only post 3 (three) topics, excluding recruiting and trade topics, per a week on OWF in Cyber Nations Forum.

Therefore:

I hereby lift any and all Zero Infrastructure ; Permanent Infrastructure ; and Zero Infrastructure Orders from Gotham against any and all nations.

I hereby lift a sanction against Helena Cain.

Thank you and all questions may be directed to me,
Fien Zinfi [/quote]

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1305917572' post='2715638']
This is really good stuff. I never can get enough Gotham announcements. I think what you guys are doing is admirable. I mean, just last week I was walking around aimlessly when I ran into (literally) a homeless guy who was telling me that there's nothing good in the news these days. I was like "whoa bro, stop your tacos right there! there's plenty of epic stuff going on!"

He was like: "Meh, but it's all about WickedJ and his mustache thing flexing nuts and trying to slam on people who don't appreciate mass tech as much as he does".

I was like "Ha! Ya man, but on the real tip, there's epic SUN topics and Gotham stuff, and even this Org XIII crew that seem to be gaining momentum like a runaway truck. I mean, they have an epic FA leader and everything. Im thinking about getting onboard TBH."

Then he was all like: "Yeah, but the deal is that I can't read. I have to have this other dude read it to me and he always adds extra stuff about Gotham"

and I was like: "Naw bro, Gotham be postin with some mad frequency. They have stories to tell, and opinions to share."

"Like what?" he replied.

So that got me thinking about some things I'd like to hear more of from Gotham.

As a few points of interest, I'd appreciate Gotham to make threads about the following:

1) The mythical vultureduck that flew to them with the message to start this awesome alliance
2) The naysayer worm who tried to talk them out of it.
3) The latest planet bob fashions and how gross rampant consumerism will destroy us all
4) Nothing much to report here
5) Here Either

Thanks in advance for your continued professionalism. Average intelligence itt, etc...
[/quote]
i love you....you wonderful !@#$%^& you

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305920353' post='2715662']
Hard to say no when you receive an eequest from a treaty partner I guess.
[/quote]

In CSN's defense, they have no capability to actually inflict damage on anyone, so resorting to a sanction was really their only choice.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1305937637' post='2715797']
In CSN's defense, they have no capability to actually inflict damage on anyone, so resorting to a sanction was really their only choice.
[/quote]
You're 900 NS and barely dropping 200k per GA loss, yet you still run your mouth. Never change.

My dear JayBooker, Diabolz, and the rest of the fine ladies and gents in Gotham. Please don't let the naysayers offend or dissuade you from posting on the OWF's again, often, or for any reason. You will always find some trolls who enjoy poking fun or ridiculing for no good reason, but the vast majority of people and nations, I'm sure, eagerly await your next message. So I suggest, continue to be active, post, embrace, and thrive in this world, and we will continue to watch and enjoy. Best of luck Gotham, please continue the good effort.