Can't tech trade

Taliburn

I am trying to tech trade with my brother who lives in St louis and i am in Florida, but travel back and forth every other day to NY and it saying we are on the same network. How is this possible? And we just got done doing a tech trade but won't let us do it again

Brothers nation - SALGUOD

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=377206

Mine - taliburn

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=377245

Any info as too why this is happening will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by Taliburn

Do you both travel to New York? Did you ever nation sit for each other? Do either of you know the other's password and could have logged in as the other? Did you ever log in in the same building/nearby buildings?

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1305608224' post='2713481']
Do you both travel to New York? Did you ever nation sit for each other? Do either of you know the other's password and could have logged in as the other? Did you ever log in in the same building/nearby buildings?
[/quote]

No to all. But we did live together about 3 months ago.
But i didn't have a problem doing my first tech deal with him when he moved out. It's only when the deal expired did i start getting this message

[quote name='Taliburn' timestamp='1305652676' post='2713705']
No to all. But we did live together about 3 months ago.
But i didn't have a problem doing my first tech deal with him when he moved out. It's only when the deal expired did i start getting this message
[/quote]
If either of you have ever logged in from the same IP as any of the IPs the other has logged in from, you will potentially get flagged in this manner. I advise you to stop techdealing/trading/warring on the same target with him. If you do not, you risk deletion and banning... both of you.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1305655371' post='2713720']
If either of you have ever logged in from the same IP as any of the IPs the other has logged in from, you will potentially get flagged in this manner. I advise you to stop techdealing/trading/warring on the same target with him. If you do not, you risk deletion and banning... both of you.
[/quote]

You saying it's against the rules to tech trade with each other when we are in different states? That really don't make sense.
And their is nothing to flag even if he moved back. We are two individual people using different computers in different parts of the house. I don't think CN discriminates if you had other people in the household who want to also play the same game. As long as it's not on the same computer in the same house. What i am trying to find out is why i could trade with him then but now i can't. Is it because he once did live here?

[quote name='Taliburn' timestamp='1305686322' post='2714069']
What i am trying to find out is why i could trade with him then but now i can't. Is it because he once did live here?
[/quote]

Yes. Once nations have shared the same network for any reason (note: this affects those who have done approved nationsitting as well), they can no longer trade or aid each other or declare war on the same nation.

[quote name='Taliburn' timestamp='1305686322' post='2714069']
You saying it's against the rules to tech trade with each other when we are in different states? That really don't make sense.
And their is nothing to flag even if he moved back. We are two individual people using different computers in different parts of the house. I don't think CN discriminates if you had other people in the household who want to also play the same game. As long as it's not on the same computer in the same house. What i am trying to find out is why i could trade with him then but now i can't. Is it because he once did live here?
[/quote]
It's not so much the computer that matters, it's the router. Your ISP gives your router an IP, the computers behind it are more or less shielded and indistinguishable.

The only odd thing here is the long delay in the flagging.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1305689515' post='2714118']
It's not so much the computer that matters, it's the router. Your ISP gives your router an IP, the computers behind it are more or less shielded and indistinguishable.

The only odd thing here is the long delay in the flagging.
[/quote]

Yeah this^^^^ All outgoing transmissions will be the router IP address not your individual PC ip addresses.