Statement From Dos Equis

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1305621224' post='2713557']
I don't think it made really sense either to announce this is as XX.[/quote]

fyi. Alliances that form XX have common goals. You will see us acting together quite often

[quote]Can we move the topic to something more relevant now?[/quote]

Wise words my friend..wise words :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]VE and TOP both had major relationships with Gre. XX, didn't even exist when Gre was around.[/quote]
Much as I always loved VE while we were Green the first time, I think calling it a 'major relationship' is something of a stretch. Of these four alliances in XX, three had MDP relationships with Grämlins at one time.

When their announcement went up, I saw an alliance reform with new leadership under the nose of the man who brought this great alliance down. I remember years ago understanding the prestige factor that came with being a Grämlin. Impressive nation building magnified by their incredible power on the battle field. To see them return is, at the very least, an encouraging event in a discouraging world. I've seen coups fail, and I was not willing to stand by idly and allow HellAngel's topic to be disregarded. The fact that two of my blocmates had strong relationships with this alliance was enough for me to throw my support behind this band of rulers, working to reclaim their name. I can say with complete sincerity, good luck to the new Grämlins!

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305509369' post='2712519']
I have a quick and sincere question to the leaders of MHA, FARK, R&R and Sparta:

If in future a group of ex-members of your alliance decide that you are a bad leader and then coup you, will you be ok with that?
[/quote]

[/size][/font][size=2]death, what an absolutely [/size]ridiculous[size=2] thing to ask. Ignoring the context of anything is your forte, so I suppose I'm not very surprised you published this question.[/size]

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1305705201' post='2714239']
[/size][/font][size=2]death, what an absolutely [/size]ridiculous[size=2] thing to ask. Ignoring the context of anything is your forte, so I suppose I'm not very surprised you published this question.[/size]
[/quote]

I'll take that as a no.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1305705201' post='2714239']
When their announcement went up, I saw an alliance reform with new leadership under the nose of the man who brought this great alliance down. I remember years ago understanding the prestige factor that came with being a Grämlin. Impressive nation building magnified by their incredible power on the battle field. To see them return is, at the very least, an encouraging event in a discouraging world. I've seen coups fail, and I was not willing to stand by idly and allow HellAngel's topic to be disregarded. The fact that two of my blocmates had strong relationships with this alliance was enough for me to throw my support behind this band of rulers, working to reclaim their name. I can say with complete sincerity, good luck to the new Grämlins!

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]

[/quote]

I don't normally agree with D34th, but he put forth a legitimate question, which you subsequently brushed off.

Not that I don't agree with what happened here, and not that I didn't take part in the coup of the GGA after being asked to by shaneprice and Dementual, but you are basically saying you are okay with the idea of former members coup'ing the legitimate government of your alliance in the future.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305725942' post='2714301']
Well, then the answer is easy :P

If i turned into a Ramirus i would want my members to coup me.
[/quote]

This is a position I can respect, so long as this is what actually happens if the time ever comes. :P

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305741893' post='2714398']
I have no horse in this race, but I think it's kind of laughable that Lukupaka felt this thread had to be made so that HellAngel's thread wouldn't be "disregarded".
[/quote]

Lukapaka is the King of one of the alliances making DosEquis. The thread was made by XX not Sparta.

In DosEquis, we all agree that they deserved recognition First because they are long term friends of 2 of us (MHA-Fark) second because all the story behind the coup was actually inspiring.

[b]
To D34th and JB:[/b]

I understand, your problems with supporting a coup. I can agree with the general idea. However, we all can see that the Gramlins case was a very specific one. So in theory I might agree, but I dont think it should be applied to this very particular case.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1305744201' post='2714417']
Lukapaka is the King of one of the alliances making DosEquis. The thread was made by XX not Sparta.

In DosEquis, we all agree that they deserved recognition First because they are long term friends of 2 of us (MHA-Fark) second because all the story behind the coup was actually inspiring.
[/quote]
"I was not willing to stand by idly and allow HellAngel's topic to be disregarded." - Lukupaka

That's what I was referring to, champ.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1305724982' post='2714294']
I don't normally agree with D34th, but he put forth a legitimate question, which you subsequently brushed off.

Not that I don't agree with what happened here, and not that I didn't take part in the coup of the GGA after being asked to by shaneprice and Dementual, but you are basically saying you are okay with the idea of former members coup'ing the legitimate government of your alliance in the future.
[/quote]

Perhaps you're being influenced by the misconception that we are liable to answer straw-man questions by self-admitted "unbiased," non-party members, or care about the conclusions arrived at therein by said individuals who clearly are not attempting to defemate/critique the actual OP, but fulfill some long-lost need for self-recognition, or perhaps Luka simply has OOC: better things to do /OOC.

I hope not JB :(

Not that I don't agree that such a circumstance is possible where people genuinely actually care enough to send a personal message to a user if they were truly intrigued about their opinion, just that it is highly unlikely. :)

Edit: Holy Grammar batman.

Edited by caligula

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1305749231' post='2714458']
Perhaps you're being influenced by the misconception that we are liable to answer straw-man questions by self-admitted "unbiased," non-party members, or care about the conclusions arrived at therein by said individuals who clearly are not attempting to defemate/critique the actual OP, but fulfill some long-lost need for self-recognition, or perhaps Luka simply has OOC: better things to do /OOC.

I hope not JB :(

Not that I don't agree that such a circumstance is possible where people genuinely actually care enough to send a personal message to a user if they were truly intrigued about their opinion, just that it is highly unlikely. :)

Edit: Holy Grammar batman.
[/quote]
I know you are trying to sound intelligent here, but seriously tone down the "said individuals" and "adj adj adj adj noun" stuff. If you don't have proper spelling you can't really get to where you are trying to go. Glad your tone was at least civil though.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305748378' post='2714445']
"I was not willing to stand by idly and allow HellAngel's topic to be disregarded." - Lukupaka

That's what I was referring to, champ.
[/quote]

I've said it before, but just for you: We requested those threads.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305748378' post='2714445']"I was not willing to stand by idly and allow HellAngel's topic to be disregarded." - Lukupaka
[/quote]

Lukupaka didn't say that. I did [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And that's right. I wasn't willing to stand idly aside. Which is why I told my bloc mates, Fark and MHA I'd support the new charter. That's why XX posted this topic. I can't help but feel like this won't mean anything to you.

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305724644' post='2714292']
I'll take that as a no.
[/quote]

Hahahahaha, you're good at what you do D34th. I will answer your loaded question. No, I would find it difficult to support the coup of [i]any[/i] established alliance. The alliance in this case was broken and down to only a small number of members, including the stubborn ruler that led to the alliance's destruction in the first place. Yes, I absolutely can support this reclamation without supporting all coups in general. If I brought Sparta to a war, refused to negotiate beyond my own wants, and caused nearly 100% of my alliance to consider or partake in resignation... I'd pray there were Spartans strong enough to dethrone me.

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1305755915' post='2714540']
Hahahahaha, you're good at what you do D34th. I will answer your loaded question. No, I would find it difficult to support the coup of [i]any[/i] established alliance. The alliance in this case was broken and down to only a small number of members, including the stubborn ruler that led to the alliance's destruction in the first place. Yes, I absolutely can support this reclamation without supporting all coups in general. If I brought Sparta to a war, refused to negotiate beyond my own wants, and caused nearly 100% of my alliance to consider or partake in resignation... I'd pray there were Spartans strong enough to dethrone me.
[/quote]

Hey you said you like apples, now eat the rotten one OR YOU ARE A HYPOCRIT.