Statement From Dos Equis

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305509369' post='2712519']
I have a quick and sincere question to the leaders of MHA, FARK, R&R and Sparta:

If in future a group of ex-members of your alliance decide that you are a bad leader and then coup you, will you be ok with that?
[/quote]
If I became the elected leader of an alliance, and then subsequently caused almost 3/4s of the alliance to leave, drag my allies through the mud, and destroy any level of respect or prestige anyone had for my alliance, I probably wouldn't even of let it get to the point where someone would come back to coup me. If I had caused such pain and destruction to my own alliance on such a scale I would have stepped down and left CN.
Do I expect Ram to be okay with what's going on? No, I doubt he would be okay with it. I'd be pretty surprised if His ego allowed for it. Do I care? not really.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd coup you AA, for honour, for MHA...[s]for the tech id raid[/s] >_> for your own credibility.

Im sure if Ram was a semi-half competent leader he'd simply join this the New and Improved Gramlins and rise back to the top through hard work and effort. However from what i gathered from this thread that aint happening.
Civil War FTW
Stay Thirsty

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1305562879' post='2712870']
We're just trying to be cool. Can you blame us? :(
[/quote]
No, not really. But both MHA and Sparta have a reputation for just joining the winning side and bandwagon'ing in major wars. So this topic isn't really helping that reputation of just joining the party late to be part of the 'winning' side. I'm not saying I agree with your rep, but this isn't a good way to change it, imo.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1305573764' post='2712940']
No, not really. But both MHA and Sparta have a reputation for just joining the winning side and bandwagon'ing in major wars. So this topic isn't really helping that reputation of just joining the party late to be part of the 'winning' side. I'm not saying I agree with your rep, but this isn't a good way to change it, imo.
[/quote]
Gremlins is a winning side now? :blink:

It's just a declaration of support (12 minutes after their announcement at that). I'm not sure how supporting the efforts of our good friends to reestablish their old home translates into us bandwagoning on...well...anything. If somebody actually has the sentiment that this announcement means anything beyond what is stated in OP, I invite them to share it, because I honestly am intrigued.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1305574113' post='2712946']
Gremlins is a winning side now? :blink:

It's just a declaration of support (12 minutes after their announcement at that). I'm not sure how supporting the efforts of our good friends to reestablish their old home translates into us bandwagoning on...well...anything. If [b]somebody [/b]actually has the sentiment that this announcement means anything beyond what is stated in OP, [b]I invite them to share it[/b], because I honestly am intrigued.
[/quote]
See my little quotes? Winning/popular/etc. I think you are deliberately try to be obtuse.

I do. And I did. :) I think if you had just had MHA do the DoS I wouldn't have felt this way. It's like your bloc is trying to be relevant in areas they don't need to try so hard. At least VE said they were only making their topic b/c Bob asked them too.

edit grammers

Edited by Steve Buscemi

Im confused, and this question goes to TOP and VE and every other HURR WE SUPPORT thread out there, why the support now? Where were you a year ago or however long ago it was when the support was REALLY needed?

You were quite content to see Ram run the place into the ground then, whats changed?

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1305576159' post='2712967']
Im confused, and this question goes to TOP and VE and every other HURR WE SUPPORT thread out there, why the support now? Where were you a year ago or however long ago it was when the support was REALLY needed?

You were quite content to see Ram run the place into the ground then, whats changed?
[/quote]

You're kidding right? We did try, Ramlins canceled on us.

[/quote]
There's another option now. There was really very little anyone else could do while Ramirus was GRE.

[/quote]
Not that you deserve a response, since you don't actually care and are just being "edgy"...

Just because it wasn't broadcast all over the OWF, doesn't mean things weren't tried.

I'm pretty sure all of us that actually had access to the Citadel forums can attest that almost anything short of a foreign led coup was tried. Blame it on the optimistic/naive charter.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305509369' post='2712519']
I have a quick and sincere question to the leaders of MHA, FARK, R&R and Sparta:

If in future a group of ex-members of your alliance decide that you are a bad leader and then coup you, will you be ok with that?
[/quote]
We're a representative democracy. The Submitter is erected every three months, and the Council (which checks the Submitter's power) is elected every month. No need for a coup here.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1305573764' post='2712940']
[/quote]
Really? MHA had an eternal treaty with the old Grämlins, so they're certainly not bandwagonning on anything here. I'm not sure of Sparta's relationship, but I think it was brought up that we (XX) were the first to post our support, so how exactly is that bandwagonning? Unless bandwagonning is now the term used to support ANYTHING done that is perceived as a power play.

I like you Steve, I really do, but please think before you post. The OWF has enough stupid posters already that you don't need to add an extra one to their numbers.

[quote name='fireguy15207' timestamp='1305602298' post='2713416']
Really? MHA had an eternal treaty with the old Grämlins, so they're certainly not bandwagonning on anything here. I'm not sure of Sparta's relationship, but I think it was brought up that we (XX) were the first to post our support, so how exactly is that bandwagonning? Unless bandwagonning is now the term used to support ANYTHING done that is perceived as a power play.

I like you Steve, I really do, but please think before you post. The OWF has enough stupid posters already that you don't need to add an extra one to their numbers.
[/quote]
Herro, my point is XX made this topic, not MHA. Why not just have MHA DoS Gre? VE and TOP both had major relationships with Gre. XX, didn't even exist when Gre was around. Yea, whatever, slow news day. I'm not meaning to sound negative, I think tone is more or less lost in forum posts. Despite that, seriously I'm glad to see Gre get so much support and I hope MHA can regain what it lost....due to Ram and with no blame to MHA for that.

Also, I checked timestamps and TOP was first. VE DoS's specially at Bob's request stated in the OP. But that's really kind of nitpicky on my part, so whatever.

Anyway, to end on a positive note. Glad XX formed so PB isn't the largest bloc anymore. Seriously, I'm happy for that. /Steve, goes back to irrelevancy...err stays in it.

The insinuation that because XX did not exist when Grämlins was around (Hell, most alliances in the game weren't even around when Grämlins was founded,) that it can have no take on the matter now is not logical.

I can only imagine any number of kind things you'd be saying if MHA issued a Decleration of Support for Grämlins on its own.

Also, you're welcome. We'll be here for a while, too.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1305605527' post='2713447']
The insinuation that because XX did not exist when Grämlins was around (Hell, most alliances in the game weren't even around when Grämlins was founded,) that it can have no take on the matter now is not logical.

I can only imagine any number of kind things you'd be saying if MHA issued a Decleration of Support for Grämlins on its own.

Also, you're welcome. We'll be here for a while, too.
[/quote]
I'd be hailing it since it would make perfect sense. When you assume you only make an &*$ out of you and me. :P You again missed my point. NOT when Gre was founded, but who had a close relationship with Gre. Let those alliances do the DoS, not a massive bloc. I'd be saying the same things if PB or CnG or whoever issued a DoS for Gre.

edit: i.e. see my post in TOP's DoS.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

I think you are all blowing Steve's comment way out of proportion and misinterpretating it (in random order). I don't think it made really sense either to announce this is as XX. I also understand that you guys didn't want to put up 2 seperately DoS from Fark and MHA. Can we move the topic to something more relevant now?