Peace

King James XVIII

[center]TPC, Gay Rollers and IRON agree to peace at 11:59:59PM Server time. Good fight all and best of luck moving forward.[/center]

Now if I can add my personal footnote to that brief Peace Declaration...

I've been doing this (leading, playing) for a while now. Most of you know that I don't play SE, only this. I do it for a variety of reasons but the most important one is because I love how different TE is. We lead, and we do the best we can. All of us, always. We have different styles, goals and reasons for playing TE but I love it--because its about war first.

When I started in gov at TPC, I did a variety of different things, most importantly preparing my fellow members for war. As I shot up in the government ranks and ended up Cobra Commander and eventually King Cobra, I moved from the top war person to the top diplomat. No one wanted the job and only today do I understand why.

Anyone can throw a punch. Anyone can sit back, puff their chest out and say whatever they want regardless of whether it is reasonable or not. Anyone can criticize. In TE, its easy to get caught up in the emotion of being declared upon or declaring on someone else--its what makes the game interesting and fun at times. For a leader however, we carry the awesome responsibility of protecting the integrity and reputation of our alliance and our members. As such we have the duty to be thoughtful in our words and actions, as everyone watches us and looks to us for answers. The successes and failures of the game begin and end with us, as we are responsible for our members more than they are for their leaders.

Its just a game, but a game we each put real time and effort into. When GR attacked TPC some questioned it. I took a step back and looked at things as I always try to do before speaking. The only issue I had was the nuclear count. It was not enough in my opinion to "flame" about on OWF. Doing such in public does not help a diplomat, who understands that problems (yes war problems) are handled behind the scenes, with reason and not emotion. TPC strives to earn its respect on the battlefield only, but reputations are also built in the conference rooms where leaders meet as well.

When IRON jumped in initially, I must admit I was furious. I had to take a step back and hear what was going on instead of looking at war screens and OWF. It would have been easy to cut communications, get someone else to jump in and hurt all parties (which is great at times to prove a point) but I wanted answers. What I found was an honest mistake. Breakdowns in communication happen and we all felt a clean break was the best option for the situation.

We fight and those fights cannot be equal. We can only do our best to equalize them before we make the call to go to war. Sometimes its successful and sometimes it fails. Some have said that TE is fast becoming more like SE. I cannot say if that is true or if these are words constantly echoed by those worried about the similarities they see. What I see is that diplomacy is as necessary in TE as war. That does not mean that we let the politics and rash comments destroy us all. Sometimes, having an enemy is important. Sometimes, commenting and being critical is necessary. More must be done on the battlefields and in the conference rooms than on OWF.

Just my two cents in between my exams.

Edited by King James XVIII

I think I made new friends out of this. It was fun while it lasted. If you guys need to ruin someones day, let us know.

Wise words, King James...And a good fight. I would take this opportunity to say, however, that I don't think that the individual, cowardly bottom-feeders that switch AAs and attack nations in the middle of a war should also get peace. Truce called for legitimate AA members is fine, the others should continue to burn...

Just like to say thank you to the dude that decided he could [i]defend[/i] TPC without a valid declaration. You will eat my nukes for the next 7 days. :)

Edited by Samus

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1305409515' post='2711858']
Just like to say thank you to the dude that decided he could [i]defend[/i] TPC without a valid declaration. You will eat my nukes for the next 7 days. :)
[/quote]
Don't spend all your nukes in him. Windblade and me would like to send some gifts too.

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1305409515' post='2711858']
[/quote]

Hahaha, if only you knew who that 'dude' is.

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1305453227' post='2712058']
Hahaha, if only you knew who that 'dude' is.
[/quote]
Heh, we all know Baby Yoshi is indeed Confusion >_>

Baby yoshi sounds like the best alias for him yet, it just seems somehow appropriate. Certainly better than "Princess Rosalina". :rolleyes: Oh and congrats on peace and whatnot, good luck to TPC and IRON moving forward.

Edit:typo

Edited by Owney OSullivan

Lol IRON, not only were you late to the party, but you ruined it for GR too :P

Good luck rebuilding to all parties.

Heh, on the OP comments, I think it'd be more enjoyable if TE were more like SE. Mainly the politics, and it goes at a faster rate than SE. I'd rather have more meaningful wars than the random wars that go around TE. If you get curbstomped, there's always the next reset. In TE, you can rebuild and reroll into a fairly powerful nation, with only numbers changing the game. OWF is useful too; like with SE, PR plays a role affecting how wars happen, but only to a limited extent (like Fark this round, or G6 a few rounds ago). In the end, TE is a 'tournament' version of SE, and you'd have similar playing styles. Whether you play to win (alliance glory, flag, or most casualties) or just for fun, it's your call.

Edited by MrMuz