IRON DoEaW!

Windblade

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1305274574' post='2711257']
More like 10:1 at the initial DoW, and pretty much the same now. Except if you add in the IRON [s]backup[/s] dogpile it is now 12:1 (110 to 9 nukes).

Spin those [b][i]facts[/i][/b] however you like.
[/quote]

Just a little correction. It is 3 nukes with TPC right now. So the ratio now becomes 36:1.

[quote name='aineshane' timestamp='1305276923' post='2711267']
We thought the nuke advantage wouldn't last long after the DoW.
So we decided to go in with IRON to even out the numbers. We didn't call them in after the fact.
We obviously under estimated our ability in handling the Cobras and for that we apologise.
We will peace out.
[/quote]
Really? You thought the single most equalizing force in TE (except for maybe a good WC) wouldn't last very long? Did you think you'd launch all of your nukes in one night? I thought the original DoW was fantastic until IRON jumped in, and this excuse for having them join in is pathetic to put it mildly.

What the [b]HELL[/b] is a Manhattan Project? This seems to be outright Tomfoolery and Chicanery in the utmost. One of these days THP will go 20 days without a war(FYI, Not likely!) it's be one hell of a nukes fest. Honestly I would probably still not have them having screwed something up...

Onward to war Cobras!

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1305274574' post='2711257']
More like 10:1 at the initial DoW, and pretty much the same now. Except if you add in the IRON [s]backup[/s] dogpile it is now 12:1 (110 to 9 nukes).

Spin those [b][i]facts[/i][/b] however you like.
[/quote]
Having no nukes is no one else's fault.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1305323547' post='2711506']
Having no nukes is no one else's fault.
[/quote]

I have immense respect for you Shah, but that line is getting old. That's the same thing RE/Syn and G-6 members said after their huge down-declares last round. TE, to me at least, is about fair and fun fights. If you have a large nuke advantage over someone where it starts to look more like a curbstomp than a fair fight, perhaps people should pick different targets instead of blaming the defending alliance for not having more nukes. Curbstomps ruin the fun of TE. I love fair, all out scraps where people brawl and the best effort wins. It's the spirit of TE. But it seems like a fading tradition..

Anyone else feel like TE is starting to resemble SE a little too much? :unsure:

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1305326114' post='2711521']
I have immense respect for you Shah, but that line is getting old. That's the same thing RE/Syn and G-6 members said after their huge down-declares last round. TE, to me at least, is about fair and fun fights. If you have a large nuke advantage over someone where it starts to look more like a curbstomp than a fair fight, perhaps people should pick different targets instead of blaming the defending alliance for not having more nukes. Curbstomps ruin the fun of TE. I love fair, all out scraps where people brawl and the best effort wins. It's the spirit of TE. But it seems like a fading tradition..

[/quote]

I think they're just trying to take away Fark's award...

And, in the meantime, getting a stronger result? :awesome:

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1305327085' post='2711523']
I think they're just trying to take away Fark's award...
[/quote]
I think Fark still has it. This probably is a close second though.

[/quote]

I kind of agree with you. There is also another small factor that can influence the outcome of wars greatly. Update activity, Irc co ordination, and general war and blitzing experience. Not all AAs are blessed with an abundance of this, which is why some choose to build up nukes to equalize that. Im not saying that is the case here either, just a slight counter point to the "all wars should be fair" argument which tends to leave "eliteness" out of the equation.

Funny thing is, we decided to create this little killsquad of 14 nations that would just ruin someones day in this 2 month period of time for the fun of it. And for the looks of it, we achieved that with just [size="7"][b]ONE DAY[/b][/size] of war. Some people here take this game way too seriously. This is my first time playing TE and it has been a fun experience. You guys will probably hear from us again in the next round. Of course... with a different name and color...

For me it has been fun reading this forum, so many whiners its funny. I for one won't use nukes, because my goal was not to destroy my targets but to make people mad. And looks like I did that... just not the people I was targeting.

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1305345730' post='2711624']
We might not, if you don't edit in your nation name... :P

But don't worry, you didn't ruin our day. :)

:popcorn:

:mellow:
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Heres a cookie [img]http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~rkhosla/cookie.jpg[/img]

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1305260227' post='2711160']
I'll keep it short and sweet: Bring it :war:
[/quote]

As usual, you continue to be a class act!

Good luck moving forward from this!

M

[/quote]

This is my first time in TE...trust me its all new to me :awesome: I'm still trying to understand all the srs bsns that wasnt supposed to be here from what I was told <_<

[/quote]

Perhaps TE is TE and this is the way it's always been ;) chaotic in its own right