Joint New Sith Order and Exodus Announcement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1305182137' post='2710564']
It was written by one of ours, your response was to a comment about it being written in. Seems pretty implicit.

"Demanding" allies stay out is not the same at all. It has nothing to do with cancelling of treaties or cancellation clauses. We didn't cancel any treaties. Not the same. If it's semantics you're thinking, then perhaps you should point out that we should look into oD clauses?
[/quote]
You keep trying to argue with me, I don't understand.

I am saying that NSO had to include it for the benefit of other people who don't understand that one party of a treaty is allowed to tell their allies to stay out of harm's way. I am saying that NSO had to spell it out because other parties (that are not the NSO) don't understand. History clearly demonstrated that NSO understands it.

And then there's some stuff about cancelling treaties, where on earth did that come from?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305186632' post='2710589']
Well, they could have signed a treaty with some of dh but I guess they aren't interested in being used as meat shields.
[/quote]
Well if they'd rather be the shielded than the shields, they made a good decision treatying GGA, they have quite a history of being fantastic meatshields.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305242152' post='2710936']
Well if they'd rather be the shielded than the shields, they made a good decision treatying GGA, they have quite a history of being fantastic meatshields.
[/quote]

Your claim would be witty and correct if it werent for a couple of slight mistakes.

First of all, you are claiming that we are GGA. I invite you to take a look at our member base and count the amount of ex-GGA members within our ranks. You will find them to be a minority.

Secondly, you are claiming that the GGA "has a history of being fantastic meatshields". This would be true (I am not going to deny that the GGA had a bad military.) if the GGA had indeed done nothing other than fight for others. You see, a 'fantastic meatshield' (quoting you) would be an overinflated alliance with a weak military that takes little initiative politically. If the alliance is trimmed down and has a relatively strong military, its not a meatshield. Similiary, if it takes alot of intiative diplomaticly, it is not a meatshield as its actions can be detrimental to its 'masters'. D

uring her prime the GGA shook up the world multiple times. (See: the Great Wars, Viridicide, UJW, NoCB). In some cases, this turned out to be 'bad' for her allies. (in terms of PR, for example). A meatshield would not do that now, would it?

[/quote]

Wow Rorschach, You of all people I would think to be above all that hurpadurp alliance2.0 bull !@#$. Some of your allies government members I consider to be close friends of mine and I always thought of Gondor as an alliance with honor and class, my how you have changed over the past two months. If you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to see past your own !@#$ come by and get to know us for who we are and not what alliance some of us spent some time in.

[/quote]

Come on Chey of all the people I respect here you know this is a bit of a stretch....

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305237655' post='2710878']
And then there's some stuff about cancelling treaties, where on earth did that come from?
[/quote]

Because the waiver this line of discussion started with is from within the CANCELLATION policy??? I'm sorry - I was lead to believe we were discussing a situation of cancellation. My bad. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305249944' post='2711024']
Wow Rorschach, You of all people I would think to be above all that hurpadurp alliance2.0 bull !@#$. Some of your allies government members I consider to be close friends of mine and I always thought of Gondor as an alliance with honor and class, my how you have changed over the past two months. If you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to see past your own !@#$ come by and get to know us for who we are and not what alliance some of us spent some time in.
[/quote]
I don't recall knowing you two months ago, and I promise you I have never cared enough about what you thought of me to come by and talk to you.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1305243875' post='2710951']
Your claim would be witty and correct if it werent for a couple of slight mistakes.

First of all, you are claiming that we are GGA. I invite you to take a look at our member base and count the amount of ex-GGA members within our ranks. You will find them to be a minority.

Secondly, you are claiming that the GGA "has a history of being fantastic meatshields". This would be true (I am not going to deny that the GGA had a bad military.) if the GGA had indeed done nothing other than fight for others. You see, a 'fantastic meatshield' (quoting you) would be an overinflated alliance with a weak military that takes little initiative politically. If the alliance is trimmed down and has a relatively strong military, its not a meatshield. Similiary, if it takes alot of intiative diplomaticly, it is not a meatshield as its actions can be detrimental to its 'masters'. D

uring her prime the GGA shook up the world multiple times. (See: the Great Wars, Viridicide, UJW, NoCB). In some cases, this turned out to be 'bad' for her allies. (in terms of PR, for example). A meatshield would not do that now, would it?
[/quote]
I have no doubt that GGA took a lot of "intiative diplomaticly" during its prime, but I think you'll be able to join me in noting that for the majority of its existence it was an absolutely horrible alliance that did little by itself and even went so far as to remove government members for daring to question the Almighty Pacifica.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305257109' post='2711111']
I don't recall knowing you two months ago, and I promise you I have never cared enough about what you thought of me to come by and talk to you.
[/quote]

That’s a shame, Exodus is always looking to make new friends or just get to know other alliance in CN. I hope we never become so arrogant we feel we are too good for such courtesies. To each his own, I guess.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305257417' post='2711120']
I have no doubt that GGA took a lot of "intiative diplomaticly" during its prime, but I think you'll be able to join me in noting that for the majority of its existence it was an absolutely horrible alliance that did little by itself and even went so far as to remove government members for daring to question the Almighty Pacifica.
[/quote]

You try way to hard. It was one government member Jonathan Brookbank and there was sooooooo much more to it than that. However this is not the place or time for that discussion.

So o/us and o/NSO cause we got a thinggggg goin oooooon :ehm:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1305251904' post='2711051']
Because the waiver this line of discussion started with is from within the CANCELLATION policy??? I'm sorry - I was lead to believe we were discussing a situation of cancellation. My bad. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

[quote]Article O
The signatories of this pact will defend one another in the event of war; this obligation is anulled should the war be declared due to other treaty obligations. [b]Either signatory of this pact has the right to waive the other's defensive obligations.[/b][/quote]

With the discussion being started with the following quote:
[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1305170007' post='2710441']
Congrats.

Interesting that waiver is written into the treaty.
[/quote]
Which makes no explicit specification as to which of the two waivers it references, but quite clearly is about the one in Article O, since the other waiver has been standard practice to include for the longest time, and everyone else, including ranking members of both Exodus and NSO, but excluding yourself, have been talking about the Article O waiver, in this strand of the discussion.

You are just so, incredibly, mind bogglingly thick-headed, aren't you?

Good lord.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1305257417' post='2711120']
[/quote]

After its prime the GGA did indeed do little by itself. This had mainly to do with the fact that it was filled with internal drama and as such simply did not have the stability and cohesiveness required to grow and take initiatives. Since it became a long fight against a slow decline it did indeed, make little to no waves after its prime.

You know, sometimes there is more to a story than what you know. Before taking potshots at us I suggest actually getting the backstory.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1305278483' post='2711272']
After its prime the GGA did indeed do little by itself. This had mainly to do with the fact that it was filled with internal drama and as such simply did not have the stability and cohesiveness required to grow and take initiatives. Since it became a long fight against a slow decline it did indeed, make little to no waves after its prime.

You know, sometimes there is more to a story than what you know. Before taking potshots at us I suggest actually getting the backstory.
[/quote]

It amuses me how those comments come about regarding you guys - but not about Phoenix Rising. I don't mean to deflect anything their way - I love me a whole lotta Phoenix, it's just that they're older than Exodus and actually founded by former GGA gov. If I recall Exodus' founding correctly (too lazy to leaf through the history books), you were the only GGA leader on the list, no?

<3 HoT

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1305289142' post='2711306']
It amuses me how those comments come about regarding you guys - but not about Phoenix Rising. I don't mean to deflect anything their way - I love me a whole lotta Phoenix, it's just that they're older than Exodus and actually founded by former GGA gov. If I recall Exodus' founding correctly (too lazy to leaf through the history books), you were the only GGA leader on the list, no?

<3 HoT
[/quote]

Actually, the only X member that ever served as GGA high gov. (that would be triumvir, as ministers had no freedom and no say in most matters) is Ironchef. I never went higher than minister.

Edited by Partisan