Joint New Sith Order and Exodus Announcement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305177162' post='2710525']
Because ~*some people*~ don't quite understand that it's an implicit quality inherent in every treaty.
[/quote]

The fact that it had to be written out means it's not understood? I would think that, in order to write it, one would have to be aware of it.

There's also this implicit quality inherent to most treaties where, and this might make you giggle, the writers get to choose and agree upon the words they use.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1305179539' post='2710540']
The fact that it had to be written out means it's not understood? I would think that, in order to write it, one would have to be aware of it.

There's also this implicit quality inherent to most treaties where, and this might make you giggle, the writers get to choose and agree upon the words they use.
[/quote]
I don't quite understand why you're jumping down my throat. I wasn't saying NSO didn't understand, I was more along the lines of saying that NSO had to spell it out for other people who don't understand. But OK.

See also: RoK-NSO war, when people made a huge fuss about NSO demanding it's allies stay out.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305177162' post='2710525']
[color="#8B0000"]Because ~*some people*~ don't quite understand that it's an implicit quality[/color] inherent in every treaty.
[/quote]
[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305180428' post='2710546']
I don't quite understand why you're jumping down my throat. I wasn't saying NSO didn't understand, I was more along the lines of saying that NSO had to spell it out for other people who don't understand. But OK.

See also: RoK-NSO war, when people made a huge fuss about NSO demanding it's allies stay out.
[/quote]

It was written by one of ours, your response was to a comment about it being written in. Seems pretty implicit.

"Demanding" allies stay out is not the same at all. It has nothing to do with cancelling of treaties or cancellation clauses. We didn't cancel any treaties. Not the same. If it's semantics you're thinking, then perhaps you should point out that we should look into oD clauses?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1305174548' post='2710496']
I don't really know who Exodus are but good luck with this NSO.
[/quote]

We need to fix that then Sardonic. I will make sure to send over a [s]sacrifice[/s] diplomat to your forum. You are welcome to do the same.

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305183725' post='2710573']
We need to fix that then Sardonic. I will make sure to send over a [s]sacrifice[/s] diplomat to your forum. You are welcome to do the same.
[/quote]

Oh you don't wanna send anyone over there ...... They might make terms to try and steal your peeps too :awesome:

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305183725' post='2710573']
[/quote]
My condolences to whoever draws the shortest straw Ironchef. :(

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1305185633' post='2710582']
I didn't think the NSO would stoop [i]this[/i] low, i'll be honest.
[/quote]
Well, they could have signed a treaty with some of dh but I guess they aren't interested in being used as meat shields.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1305172418' post='2710464']
You mistake my attention for condemnation and ridicule. I merely take note of a clause that I don't recall seeing a whole lot in the past.
[/quote]
Well, if we have to endure every MDP for the last however many years including an explicit clause to the effect of "also, you can attack people together, if you want" then I think this is fair. It's not a clause that I would like to see used, but considering that the various times we have used it we've been greeted with "You can't do that!" from the slower folks in the audience it seems reasonable to just spell out that "yes, yes we can. Now go back to your sippy cup."

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305186632' post='2710589']
Well, they could have signed a treaty with some of dh but I guess they aren't interested in being used as meat shields.[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0jdM3.gif[/IMG]

Oh you scallywag.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1305185633' post='2710582']
I didn't think the NSO would stoop [i]this[/i] low, i'll be honest.
[/quote]

who would you prefer us to sign treaties with, lord master? we shall do exactly as you please.

Edited by Dubsy

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1305195440' post='2710622']
Well, if we have to endure every MDP for the last however many years including an explicit clause to the effect of "also, you can attack people together, if you want" then I think this is fair. It's not a clause that I would like to see used, but considering that the various times we have used it we've been greeted with "You can't do that!" from the slower folks in the audience it seems reasonable to just spell out that "yes, yes we can. Now go back to your sippy cup."
[/quote]
Thing is I don't think it'll put an end to that in the event it is utilized. People who work to e-lawyer other people's treaties will continue to try and do so, as will those who attack such decisions on broader "value of the treaty" grounds.

But it's good to dream.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1305213201' post='2710688']
Thing is I don't think it'll put an end to that in the event it is utilized. People who work to e-lawyer other people's treaties will continue to try and do so, as will those who attack such decisions on broader "value of the treaty" grounds.

But it's good to dream.
[/quote]

The sad part is that you are probably right.

Wether you're on one side or the other, the opposition will always cry fault if you enact it.

Edited by Partisan