Remove interest cap

The current interest cap on taxes is $10,000, this part of the game seems completely useless now that the game has been tweaked (it wasn't much use before IMO)

i think if some changes were made to the way interest worked this cap could be removed for a good effect,

if the cap was removed and the base percentage of interest lowered, interest could be made similar to the NS nukes give:

for example:

Interest Percentage = ((Days Since Last Tax Collection^2)*0.15)

Day 1 = 0.15% interest
Day 2 = 0.60%
day 3 = 1.35%
day 4 = 2.4%
Day 10 = 15%
Day 20 = 60%

I know that 60% might look huge but not when you consider the growth you'd be losing to get it, not to mention there's virtually 0 chance of getting to day 20 without being rogued, also these numbers are just examples of how it would work, personally i'd up the days since last collection multiplier to increase how exponential the increase in interest is, waiting that extra day would be made so much more tempting

Hopeful outcomes:

Calculated risks are taken, this increases the chance to utilize individual skill rather than follow day 1 of building guide.. blah blah,

Hit to Anarchy, with larger backcollects you'd want to anarchy straight away, again emphasis being put on skill rather than nuke count, (perhaps even put in an interest penalty for anarchy?)

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the sound of something along these lines. At the moment, Interest on taxes AND bills, are pretty much worthless. Not that Id really want the interest on bills to be increased like this, but perhaps increasing both at the same time would be more realistic. People would then need to execute more skill in deciding the options for their nation. Not paying bills while at war due to nukes bringing bills down etc, would be slightly affected by this.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1305041691' post='2709623']
I know that 60% might look huge but not when you consider the growth you'd be losing to get it, not to mention there's virtually 0 chance of getting to day 20 without being rogued.[/quote]

Why bother rogue a nation after 10 days inactivity. You wouldn't gain anything from attacking.

Did they mess with the interest in SE? It seems to add up for one day for me and then stops...

Edited by ericg95

[quote name='ericg95' timestamp='1308090741' post='2731441']
Why bother rogue a nation after 10 days inactivity. You wouldn't gain anything from attacking.

Did they mess with the interest in SE? It seems to add up for one day for me and then stops...
[/quote]

roguing is different to raiding in that roguing is usually done in order to sabotage a specific nation as opposed to doing it for your nations gain

nothing had been changed in SE as far as i know