The End of an Era

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1304961601' post='2709098']
Honestly, I can't recall an incident that mimics the CSN-LoSS/DT situation ever happening with MK. Correct me if I'm wrong, mind.
[/quote]
Well, there was that time that MK demanded reps because someone left a trade circle.

To an old friend I wish a happy retirement. We walked a lot of miles side by side untill our paths split Goose. I wish you only the best and may your lawn be green, your cooler full and your rocking chair comfortable.

Liz honestly I think SOM would have been a better choice but I wish you luck. Hopefully since your days in Kronos you have taken your mistakes and learned from them. If you have, I think you could become a very solid leader and hopefully lead CSN back to what it once was. You are active and that is key to any leader. I wish you luck Liz youve got a long road ahead of you and even more so now than ever, watch that temper because now every nation in your AA will be held to task for your actions.

Congrats on the promotions as interesting as they are it should lead to some excitement down the road.

o/ Goose

good luck CSN.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1304988900' post='2709368']
Three times, actually ... and since I am now at seven months this time (a record for me), I think I finally have this retirement thing down. :v:[/quote]

The progression, since I've been through it now...

1. Retired. "I'm done with leadership, WAY too time consuming. I just want to find some place I can carry a spear and mind my own business."

2. Semi-retired. "I don't have/want a thing to do with government, but if you ask me we should..."

3. Unofficial Consultant. The queries start: "Hey, I know you don't want to be in government and all, but why don't you join us in #xxxx (another more private IRC channel) to talk about yyyyy. It'll take a few minutes."

4. Official Consultant. The query you should dread, but don't, happens. "You've been a big help to us giving us ideas, so we're going to give you a special forum mask in recognition." Now you're the "guy who does things" and the newbie government people are scolded and told to mind their manners around you and listen.

5. Unofficial Member of Government. No quote here, but basically you gain a reputation as someone who *should* be in that private IRC channel all the time and one day you are. Suddenly you find yourself thinking the time requirements weren't so bad after all. It's not like you have to be on line *every* night, right?

6. Member of Government. "We really need someone experienced in military/FA/recruiting stuff right now and you've really been a big help us..." Naturally you can't turn down your alliance in its time of need.

7. Executive Member of Government. "I need power to go along with all the responsibility I have. What do you mean it's 1:30 in the morning? I am so so sorry I wasn't online last night. What did I miss?"

8. Then at that point circumstance places you back in charge. You didn't ask for command, but there you are, sitting in the command chair. Again. Wondering subconsciously what you did wrong. <_<

Some time later...

Repeat 1-8. You might even be "fortunate" enough to skip steps next time.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1305042623' post='2709632']
To an old friend I wish a happy retirement. We walked a lot of miles side by side untill our paths split Goose. I wish you only the best and may your lawn be green, your cooler full and your rocking chair comfortable.

Liz honestly I think SOM would have been a better choice but I wish you luck. Hopefully since your days in Kronos you have taken your mistakes and learned from them. If you have, I think you could become a very solid leader and hopefully lead CSN back to what it once was. You are active and that is key to any leader. I wish you luck Liz youve got a long road ahead of you and even more so now than ever, watch that temper because now every nation in your AA will be held to task for your actions.

Congrats on the promotions as interesting as they are it should lead to some excitement down the road.

o/ Goose

good luck CSN.
[/quote]

While I look forward to all of the excitement, I do disagree that I would have been a better choice. Although Liz may be perceived to be abrasive and blunt, she has accomplished a lot within CSN regarding internal policies and the sorts, along with finally ridding ourselves of the countless droves of inactives we had. Liz made a brash statement during the whole affair and, quite frankly, nobody is perfect, and to hold Liz to a standard that no one else seems to hold themselves (or their own government for some instances) to is rather hypocritical and seething with poignant idiocy. Mistakes were made (which has been recounted and repeated thrice this thread, along with being canted on [i]multiple occasions[/i] in other discussions). To blame Liz for the entire situation is extremely disingenuous, yet people seem to place the burden of guilt upon her shoulders and her's alone.

We appreciate everything you did for CSN last war Buds; you were there as mediator when discussions (seriously) broke down and despite being opposed to our position, you played as the medium for both DT and CSN (which is laudable for both your dedication to an ally and an old acquaintanceship and multiple friendships on both sides). So although Liz will probably pitch in her own opinion at some point, while I disagree with the idea that I am better suited for the position, I do thank you for the well-wishes. God knows you had to deal with us more than anyone else save for DT during that ordeal.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1305048358' post='2709663']
Yeah that Allied_Threat cat sucks huge ones alright.

:lol1:
[/quote]

You know he's back, right? :blink: It makes me happy to know the prodigal son has returned to the world. ^_^