The Columbian

Bacharth

[b][size="5"][u]Astoria Naval Base Completed[/u][/size][/b]
[i]Seaside, OR[/i]
[hr]For almost a year now, there has been day and night construction on a patch of land between Astoria and Seaside. It started with the re-routing of Highway 101, and has spiraled into the construction of a main naval base to serve as a replacement for the tactically unsound Seattle base. And now, the construction has stopped, and all Cascadian naval vessels have been re-based to that location. The details of the naval base are classified, but we are told it does have strong Anti-Air facilities, plugged into the anti-air network that is under construction across the nation. In addition to the naval base, Anti-naval and anti-infantry emplacements have been built in secret and hidden locations as to not disturb the residents. This is all part of Operation Pacific Wall, to prevent a naval invasion, as unlikely as it is.

[size="4"][b][u]First Republic Lumber Export Laws Re-Enacted[/u][/b][/size]
[size="2"]Portland, OR[hr][/size][size="2"]Parliament has voted to pass lumber laws enacted in the first republic that helped to cut down on logging. Although the three big logging companies in the nation protested the laws, President Straden urged that the laws would "save what little national identity we had". In a recent poll done on Columbian.com, 46% of people said that the forests and nature-like aspect of the nation were national symbols. When proponents of these laws argued for them, they brought up the civil flag and the Air Force roundel, both sporting a Douglas Fir silhouette.[/size]

Edited by Vince Sixx

[b][size="4"][u]Cascadian Military Parade[/u][/size][/b]
[i]Seattle, WA[/i][hr]As the organization of the military has reportedly drawn to a close, the municipal government of Seattle has authorized a military parade to be held in honor of the first year of Cascadian Independence. Seattlites from all walks of life gathered along the sidewalks of East Madison Street in downtown to view the parade of men and women who, only a year ago, were viewed as terrorists to a government that was an enemy to her people and her Empress.

[img]http://www.praha.eu/public/f7/13/60/136813_4_prehlidka_2008_ilu.jpg[/img]

Edited by Vince Sixx