Warning to all who tech-deal

KeyStroke

The nation of PHIST Ruler: Barrolle will negotiate with you to sell you tech, then he will not fulfill his agreement, Instead, he uses the funds provided to raid other nations.

Here is some of his correspondence.

[quote]This is my little niche in the game. I steal cash from others and use it to fuel my wars.[/quote]

[quote]Seriously, you can't expect to get back any of that money. Not a penny. Nada. Zippo. This is what I do in this game and I really look for someone to try and take me down. I simply come back with all the aid money I get from idiots like yourself. And, by the way, I will get more money from you. I will let you know when you send it again. [/quote]

Raid team in 3...2...

Oh wait, he's fighting a 6v1 war against well-funded "targets" and counter-raiders right now. Lulz.

Seriously, I hate scammers that keep on rerolling.

Edited by HHAYD

:wacko::mellow::unsure::lol1:

Jesus, I actually remember this guy from when I was advising KoRT. He raided a nation and wouldn't respond kindly to requests to cease. Anyway, we ended up battering him to ZI but he got funding from tech deals...I still remember the messages I sent to the aiders informing them that they wouldn't be getting anything from their deals as he was a full-on combat rogue.

Haha. Hahaha..

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1304712726' post='2707625']
is there any kind of sanction you can put on his nation to stop him from send/receiving aid?
[/quote]
Looks like there is. I suspect that he might just re-roll once his wars are over, though.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1304712726' post='2707625']
is there any kind of sanction you can put on his nation to stop him from send/receiving aid?
[/quote]
Yes, senators can impose aid-only sanctions which prevent a particular nation from sending or receiving aid from their colour. I've long felt this is an appropriate punishment for aid thieves.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304780498' post='2708018']
Yes, senators can impose aid-only sanctions which prevent a particular nation from sending or receiving aid from their colour. I've long felt this is an appropriate punishment for aid thieves.
[/quote]

Except now you REALLY won't get the tech.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1304891396' post='2708709']
Except now you REALLY won't get the tech.
[/quote]
I don't think PHIST has any intention of repaying it, so that point is moot. At least by placing sanctions they are preventing further nations from being ripped off.

Edited by William Bonney