STA May Press Conference

[quote name='Durabo' timestamp='1304436487' post='2705213']
This is my point - as far as I'm aware, nothing is happening either. So why would Polar ask the question?
[/quote]

D34th, as much as I like him as my friend and long time ally, is not known for getting things right all the time. That's my best guess.

[quote name='Durabo' timestamp='1304436487' post='2705213']
This is my point - as far as I'm aware, nothing is happening either. So why would Polar ask the question?
[/quote]

Take a look in the last two pages of [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101386"]this thread[/url] and you'll see why I asked that question.

Also, I'm not Polar or Polar gov, I'm just me.

Edited by D34th

I think one of the posts explicitly mentions its an attempt to Troll Tyga - I dont think it means Umbrella hates STA. I think it means some members of Umbrella where bored and wanted to provoke a reaction.

What I find more interesting is why Polar wants to blow this out of proportion into a OMG UMBRELLA HATES STA thing. Although considering recent events, its not really a mystery!

I now realise I have helped Polar achieve this by pointing it out.. well played Polar.. well played!

[quote name='Durabo' timestamp='1304437900' post='2705229']
I think one of the posts explicitly mentions its an attempt to Troll Tyga - I dont think it means Umbrella hates STA. I think it means some members of Umbrella where bored and wanted to provoke a reaction.

What I find more interesting is why Polar wants to blow this out of proportion into a OMG UMBRELLA HATES STA thing. Although considering recent events, its not really a mystery!

I now realise I have helped Polar achieve this by pointing it out.. well played Polar.. well played!
[/quote]

Why are you insisting on treating D34TH as if he speaks for Polar? He isn't even gov.

Because Death seems to insist on treating trolling members of Umbrella of speaking for Umbrella

I'll stop harping on about it now. I'm sorry if it seems like I've hijacked your press conference with nonsense, that wasn't my intention!

Edited by Durabo

Is there now or was there ever a true "moralist" faction on Planet Bob that transcends alliances and is concerned for the greater good? If so, do members of STA ascribe to it, who do you see as its primary advocates, and more importantly, what is the greater good?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304438697' post='2705239']
Is there now or was there ever a true "moralist" faction on Planet Bob that transcends alliances and is concerned for the greater good? If so, do members of STA ascribe to it, who do you see as its primary advocates, and more importantly, what is the greater good?
[/quote]

There really isn't. We don't have some sort of shadowy cabal. STA doesn't even have our own agenda. We take each issue at a time, and don't have or subscribe to some sort of grand scheme. If there IS one, no one has clued us into it.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1304438168' post='2705234']
Why are you insisting on treating D34TH as if he speaks for Polar? He isn't even gov.
[/quote]

Surely in a press conference we're meant to ask you questions :P but since you asked, clearly this is the way MFO liked to do things before it disbanded.

Edit:

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1304438807' post='2705240']
STA doesn't even have our own agenda.
[/quote]

Can we therefore assume that Tygas long sort after agenda is a personal one and not one that reflects STA? This information may be important in the search for it.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400530' post='2704854']
It'd be preferable if people asked specific questions rather than long-winded scattergun questions designed to tie you down writing a long-winded thesis on STA foreign policy that no one will read anyway.

We are happy to answer specific questions about our foreign policy but I think the question asked by Eyriq is just a piss-take.
[/quote]

I'm bothered that I cam across as antagonistic, so I'm going to defend my initial question with an example of what I was expecting in asking about the STA prevailing paradigm.

Example: We organize alliances based on their motives, i.e. are they rationally moral, irrational, parasitic, or anti-social; on their build, i.e. militarily elite, haphazard, militarily soft, or imbalanced; on their activity, i.e. optimal aid slot usage vs otherwise.

Of course you could wrap this around whatever variables are most important to you, which is why I tried (and failed) to break it down into all those questions. Really though I'm sorry the question came across as 'piss-take'.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304453286' post='2705397']
Any comments on Thriller? Or Olympus taking in a few of the Thriller nations..

Can you confirm or deny that Olympus, is indeed, immoral?
[/quote]

My comment isn't regarding Thriller or Olympus. It's on the alliance they raided. Acti, I think it was?

If you let people get away with walking all over you and treating you like crap, this is what happens. If you won't stand up for yourselves, people will absolutely do anything they think they can get away with.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1304452267' post='2705384']
A year or two ago, I recall being told that STA does not trust Pacifica. Does that still hold true today? And why?
[/quote]

It still holds today. While Cortath apologised for certain incidents in the past and the STA and NPO decided to move on from the past any change in attitude from us is reliant on an observed change in attitude from the NPO. While we have no gripe or grudge with the NPO we are still wary.

[quote name='Baltus']
I realize this happened quite a while ago, but what are your thoughts on Terra-Cotta moving to White Team? Would you compare this to the Stickmen move to purple?
[/quote]

We are very pleased to have them on the white team. More nations means more trades on the team so it can only be a positive. Our good relationship with the NSO is also a positive in relation to that move.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino]
Can we therefore assume that Tygas long sort after agenda is a personal one and not one that reflects STA? This information may be important in the search for it.
[/quote]

Until I find my agenda and discover what it is we can't really comment on this. The only people who have sighted my agenda are busy extorting reps from various alliances at the moment and are not overly helpful in finding this mythical beast.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1304449883' post='2705350']
I'm bothered that I cam across as antagonistic, so I'm going to defend my initial question with an example of what I was expecting in asking about the STA prevailing paradigm.

Example: We organize alliances based on their motives, i.e. are they rationally moral, irrational, parasitic, or anti-social; on their build, i.e. militarily elite, haphazard, militarily soft, or imbalanced; on their activity, i.e. optimal aid slot usage vs otherwise.

Of course you could wrap this around whatever variables are most important to you, which is why I tried (and failed) to break it down into all those questions. Really though I'm sorry the question came across as 'piss-take'.
[/quote]

Fair enough. It just came across as another long-winded "question" designed to get Ragashingo or someone else from the STA to jump through some hoops fo r no reason at all.

In answer to your more general question, we don't really group alliances as per the example you gave. We take each alliance on their merits and decide if they are alliances we can be friends with or even allied to. Despite the mutterings to the contrary, we really don't have some moralist new world order secretly in operation. We just beforend who we believe to be genuine friends and act, react or comment on issues as we see fit.