STA May Press Conference

Welcome to the May edition of the STA press conference. This will be my last time hosting this. Should Ragashingo choose to continue the tradition, he's welcome to, but he can run the FA department however he'd like and make whatever changes, so this very well may be the last one as well. Before anyone asks, no, we have no idea what changes are going to be implemented.

Feel free to ask your questions and have them answered. The only thing we won't answer is what we think about your alliance. Other than that, it's all fair game.

Happy May!

You answered it in a previous one but might as well ask it in this press conference too: what alliances would you like to see STA get closer to and/or sign a treaty with?

What does STA think about forum level spying during the course of a war? Is it a legitimate war tactic?

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1304389643' post='2704557']
What does STA think about forum level spying during the course of a war? Is it a legitimate war tactic?
[/quote]

I think it is part of war and don't have a problem with it. Provided it does not escalate to vandalism.

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1304389643' post='2704557']
You answered it in a previous one but might as well ask it in this press conference too: what alliances would you like to see STA get closer to and/or sign a treaty with?

[/quote]

For the first question, at the moment, there really isn't anyone. We're pretty happy where we are at the moment.

It depends on what you mean by forum level spying. If someone were to crack our forum, I'd call it unacceptable. Members leaking things? Well, that's not necessarily the enemy's fault. Sending someone to join the alliance? I'd hope nothing important is visible to newer members.

@Pezstar: How's settling in as STA's number 2 going for you?

@Tyga: I've noticed you've been around a fair bit more, is this going to continue? Or is it just a brief moment of activity?

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1304390411' post='2704572']
@Tyga: I've noticed you've been around a fair bit more, is this going to continue? Or is it just a brief moment of activity?
[/quote]

It is a brief moment of activity, sadly. I'm on a sabbatical from my anger management retreat.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304390498' post='2704576']
It is a brief moment of activity, sadly. I'm on a sabbatical from my anger management retreat.
[/quote]
That's disappointing, but surprising that you've moved on from fat camp, to anger management? When did this happen?

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1304390411' post='2704572']
@Pezstar: How's settling in as STA's number 2 going for you?

[/quote]

I think there's a poop joke here somewhere. Also, it's fine. I'm very ready to not be the MoFA anymore.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304390477' post='2704573']
What STA thinks about the amount of hate that Umbrella members have towards your leader/alliance?
[/quote]

I don't think we care. I, personally, like Umbrella, and I can't recall them saying anything bad about it, but I do know that Tyga doesn't much care for Roquentin, and vice versa. I think they're both ok with that. :P

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1304390643' post='2704582']
That's disappointing, but surprising that you've moved on from fat camp, to anger management? When did this happen?
[/quote]

The day after I went on a rampage about the lack of pre-packaged cakes at fat camp.

Edited by Tygaland

Please describe the prevalent paradigm at work behind STA foreign policy. (hoping for some sort of ordered scheme for making sense of the political actors, as seen through the eyes of the tiger hardeharhar)

I do hope someone will, at some point, inquire as to how I'm doing as well. I have ready made answers waiting in the wings... or paws as it were. :P

[quote]Please describe the prevalent paradigm at work behind STA foreign policy. (hoping for some sort of ordered scheme for making sense of the political actors, as seen through the eyes of the tiger hardeharhar) [/quote]

The Official STA Eight Ball just said: "Um... what?"

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1304397851' post='2704749']
I do hope someone will, at some point, inquire as to how I'm doing as well. I have ready made answers waiting in the wings... or paws as it were. :P

The Official STA Eight Ball just said: "Um... what?"
[/quote]

Damn. Well, like, do you look at blocs as predominant actors in politics? Do you look at sanctioned alliances? What spheres do you identify? What fault-lines? Is it all about the treaties or are there other cultural/historic weights that you weigh?

What specifically do you see as *your* sphere and *your* interests. Why? And then in contrast to what?

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1304399031' post='2704781']
Someone had to ask this. Thoughts on these new Overtime Accords?
[/quote]

My personal opinion. Ridiculous. Peace terms containing a clause for a minimum 3 weeks additional war. But when they are put together by people who complain that the opponent isn't fighting hard enough while at the same time demanding reps for GOONS because they got their noses bloodied, it is not surprising that the terms are as they are.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1304399031' post='2704781']
Someone had to ask this. Thoughts on these new Overtime Accords?
[/quote]

First and foremost, it's good to see this war come to a close and our allies achieve peace. We look forward towards working with them as they join us in rebuilding. As to the specific terms: Meh. I'm not a huge fan. But I suppose by definition of being signed they are at least vaguely tolerable to both sides...

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1304398248' post='2704758']
Damn. Well, like, do you look at blocs as predominant actors in politics? Do you look at sanctioned alliances? What spheres do you identify? What fault-lines? Is it all about the treaties or are there other cultural/historic weights that you weigh?

What specifically do you see as *your* sphere and *your* interests. Why? And then in contrast to what?
[/quote]

Hmm... Do you have a backup question you'd like to use? :P

(If you're actually serious I'd write up my view of CN political theory, but it won't be tonight.)

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1304399688' post='2704815']
Hmm... Do you have a backup question you'd like to use? :P

(If you're actually serious I'd write up my view of CN political theory, but it won't be tonight.)
[/quote]

It'd be preferable if people asked specific questions rather than long-winded scattergun questions designed to tie you down writing a long-winded thesis on STA foreign policy that no one will read anyway.

We are happy to answer specific questions about our foreign policy but I think the question asked by Eyriq is just a piss-take.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1304390705' post='2704584']
I think there's a poop joke here somewhere. Also, it's fine. I'm very ready to not be the MoFA anymore.

I don't think we care. I, personally, like Umbrella, and I can't recall them saying anything bad about it, but I do know that Tyga doesn't much care for Roquentin, and vice versa. I think they're both ok with that. :P
[/quote]

More interestingly, why do you think NpO would want to stir up trouble between Umbrella and STA?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304400530' post='2704854']
It'd be preferable if people asked specific questions rather than long-winded scattergun questions designed to tie you down writing a long-winded thesis on STA foreign policy that no one will read anyway.

We are happy to answer specific questions about our foreign policy but I think the question asked by Eyriq is just a piss-take.
[/quote]
I don't know what a piss-take is! I guess that is cool that such an answer would warrant an essay though, :D but I was really only unpacking the several directions that describing your paradigm could take. You guys seem to view things through a moral prism, etc, and it would be interesting to hear how you divide up politics.

So, err, what is your take on the State of Bob and the direction he is heading?

[quote name='Durabo' timestamp='1304434631' post='2705190']
More interestingly, why do you think NpO would want to stir up trouble between Umbrella and STA?
[/quote]

They don't? They're not? Absolutely NO ONE from Umbrella has spoken to STA (or vice versa) since I spoke to Roq to have a very nice, 3 minute "Ok, we surrender now?" conversation when our part in the war ended. If there's some sort of he said/she said going on behind the scenes that I am unaware of, I'd love to be clued into it. You have my permission to do so publicly, right here, because if it IS happening, someone needs to be called out on it.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1304435472' post='2705200']
I don't know what a piss-take is! I guess that is cool that such an answer would warrant an essay though, :D but I was really only unpacking the several directions that describing your paradigm could take. You guys seem to view things through a moral prism, etc, and it would be interesting to hear how you divide up politics.

So, err, what is your take on the State of Bob and the direction he is heading?
[/quote]

A huge war is just now winding down, and, as per usual when a war ends, folks are realigning themselves with where they want/need to be. Until people choose their direction, there is no way to know what it is. Ours remains, as per usual, the same.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1304436383' post='2705210']
They don't? They're not? Absolutely NO ONE from Umbrella has spoken to STA (or vice versa) since I spoke to Roq to have a very nice, 3 minute "Ok, we surrender now?" conversation when our part in the war ended. If there's some sort of he said/she said going on behind the scenes that I am unaware of, I'd love to be clued into it. You have my permission to do so publicly, right here, because if it IS happening, someone needs to be called out on it.
[/quote]

This is my point - as far as I'm aware, nothing is happening either. So why would Polar ask the question?

Edited by Durabo