This Week in the Network

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1304306316' post='2703722']
Yeah, i'm lying ;:that's sarcasm::

It cant be that we disagree over whether your deceleration of hostility was a dow (I say yes) or a recognition of an already existing war (so says you).
[/quote]

You're literally the only person on the planet that does not understand this:
[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1296788254' post='2618567']
[center][img]http://f.cl.ly/items/2g083U111J3T0o0f2B2L/mkumbdual.jpg[/img][/center]

Umbrella and Mushroom Kingdom have been providing support for GOONS in their war against The Phoenix Federation. We acknowledge that this has been done without a formal declaration of war, but it is a very small scale engagement which did not warrant cluttering Alliance Politics more than it already has been. It should go without saying that when a bloc-mate is struck, we consider ourselves at war with the entity attacking them.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GLM82.png[/IMG]

It is an impossibility that you are "defending" MK from CoJ.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood that quite well. I just missed the part where CoJ turned into TPF. As you know very well the first formal declaration of hostilities came from you to MK not the other way around. If random MK nations were hitting random coj people that means your war was justified, not that you didn't declare it. Though honestly, i'm not sure why it really matters.

As was said the type of treaty entered in to is actually irrelevant to the terms and just one of your many attempts to muddy the waters. Call it a MD call it an oA, it has nothing to do with the reason ODN is demanding the peace terms we are.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1304307342' post='2703746']
I understood that quite well. I just missed the part where CoJ turned into TPF. As you know very well the first formal declaration of hostilities came from you to MK not the other way around. If random MK nations were hitting random coj people that means your war was justified, not that you didn't declare it. Though honestly, i'm not sure why it really matters.
[/quote]
I just want to clarify what I'm reading here. Do you believe attacks sanctioned by governments with the intention of expanding ones war to other alliances is not initiating hostilities in your own opinion so long as no formal statement is made?

As was said the type of treaty entered in to is actually irrelevant to the terms and just one of your many attempts to muddy the waters. Call it a MD call it an oA, it has nothing to do with the reason ODN is demanding the peace terms we are.
[/quote]

You should have known by now that when his argument isn't going well that Schatt will change the topic :v:

[/quote]

I agree, how you entered the war is irrelevant. The issue from what I can gather is your deliberate misrepresentation of communications with your protectorate from CoJ.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1304282894' post='2703346']
Also don't be too harsh on Barbula, he paid the price for that error along with a good many of us who were GATO during the war that raged because of it..surely it is about time Barb was allowed a little slack?.
[/quote]
I didn't mention Kaos as an insult but simply because for the viewing public, leaving it at "Assembly Chairman of GATO" doesn't give much in the way of "who is this person and why do I care?" Anyway, I've got a SS taken a week ago of Barbula bragging that he almost took Browncoats into a nuclear holocaust in his comments on CoJ peace; if I'm fair game, well, so's he. ^_^

I understood that quite well. I just missed the part where CoJ turned into TPF. As you know very well the first formal declaration of hostilities came from you to MK not the other way around. If random MK nations were hitting random coj people that means your war was justified, not that you didn't declare it. [/quote]

You missed the bit above that where MK admitted they were engaging 'minors' without deigning to go through the niceties of declaring and all. That should help stitch it together for you. They weren't random nations, his alliance was under organised attack.

[quote]Though honestly, i'm not sure why it really matters.[/quote]

Because if MK attacked them then you cannot possibly claim to be defending MK from them. You are aiding MK in their offensive war.

[quote]As was said the type of treaty entered in to is actually irrelevant to the terms and just one of your many attempts to muddy the waters. Call it a MD call it an oA, it has nothing to do with the reason ODN is demanding the peace terms we are.
[/quote]

Treaties aren't just pieces of paper that make you do what you want to do, they actually have meaning. An MD wont get you into a war when your ally attacks someone else. Only if that someone else attacks your ally. The sort of thing someone considering a career in alliance government might try to remember.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1304297745' post='2703561']
Os, what happened to Templar'd threads? Can you extend the rule to individual posters?
[/quote]
I doubt it, I am not usually one for gagging individuals but perhaps there is indeed a time when such extraordinary measures are required.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304310619' post='2703824']
I didn't mention Kaos as an insult but simply because for the viewing public, leaving it at "Assembly Chairman of GATO" doesn't give much in the way of "who is this person and why do I care?" Anyway, I've got a SS taken a week ago of Barbula bragging that he almost took Browncoats into a nuclear holocaust in his comments on CoJ peace; if I'm fair game, well, so's he. ^_^
[/quote]
Fair enough I suppose :mellow:

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1304281764' post='2703335']
I didn't get a mention :(
[/quote]
You.

Yes you.

Stop.

This was not funny 2 years ago, it is not funny now. We get it. You have nothing to say at all.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1304318703' post='2703958']
You.

Yes you.

Stop.

This was not funny 2 years ago, it is not funny now. We get it. You have nothing to say at all.
[/quote]
You.

Yes you.

Stop.

This was not funny 2 years ago, it's not funny now. We get it. You have nothing to say at all.

But seriously, I'm upset I didn't even get a mention for winning a Senate seat. :(

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1304312678' post='2703869']
Treaties aren't just pieces of paper that make you do what you want to do, they actually have meaning. An MD wont get you into a war when your ally attacks someone else. Only if that someone else attacks your ally. The sort of thing someone considering a career in alliance government might try to remember.
[/quote]

And now for the Xth time: How is whether we entered on an oA or MD treaty in any way relevant to the apology?
If we entered on an oA we'd ask for the exact same apology because it doesn't change anything. The actions we are requesting an apology for took place during the war, they are not related to the start of the war.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1304319491' post='2703965']
You.

Yes you.

Stop.

This was not funny 2 years ago, it's not funny now. We get it. You have nothing to say at all.

But seriously, I'm upset I didn't even get a mention for winning a Senate seat. :(
[/quote]
No you aren't. Like I said, you are not funny.

Also I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just showing how you're retarded. It's like all you people know is "LOOK AT ME, I WASN'T IN THE OP BUT YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO ME ANYWAY."

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1304332417' post='2704043']
Outside of using the same "leaks" a few times, all I got out of this was that Arco's a girl?!
[/quote]
I couldn't for the life of me figure out who that was. I saw "his" usual tag under "his" picture, but assumed it was someone else because "he" seemed to be serving a useful function by tallying votes. Very uncharacteristic.

All I got was that you can lead an alliance of 339 with 8% of the vote.. there's hope out there for all aspiring leaders I guess. ODN could use that in their recruitment letters.

Oh snaps. I got a a shout out this time.

And unless I read that wrong, it seemed Schatt favored me over Os. That must have been why I lost :(

PS When the percentages are broken down off of the total ODN membership, it looks like I was WAY closer than reality. Also thanks for that lol.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1304335266' post='2704056']
All I got was that you can lead an alliance of 339 with 8% of the vote.. there's hope out there for all aspiring leaders I guess. ODN could use that in their recruitment letters.
[/quote]

That's why democracy can be so much fun. You can take over an alliance with a bit of charisma and a dozen friends.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1304319491' post='2703965']

[/quote]
I didn't find it particularly surprising :3

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1304339913' post='2704087']
Oh snaps. I got a a shout out this time.

And unless I read that wrong, it seemed Schatt favored me over Os. That must have been why I lost :(

PS When the percentages are broken down off of the total ODN membership, it looks like I was WAY closer than reality. Also thanks for that lol.
[/quote]
You had a good platform that ODN needs -_-

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1304306809' post='2703730']
Congratulations, they stand for different things. Once you have entered into a war, the method of entry, assuming you are the victor, is irrelevant to the peace terms. You might disagree with it, but there are no norms restricting the peace terms the victor can offer based on how they entered a war.[/quote]

Any potential victor can ask for anything, but that doesn't mean they'll get it, else Tygaland is probably running some other alliance and there's another person in charge at STA right now.

But once again, there's what you can ask for and what is [i]proper[/i] to ask for...and frankly if asked to apologize for spying on an alliance with which I was already at war, and to apologize for threatening to attack the applicant AA of an enemy alliance during war, I'd most likely not be heard from in the IRC channels for several minutes because I would be too busy laughing hysterically.

Then again, pocketing a CB during already open warfare for later use seems to be something C&G alliances actually think is ok, so they should get right on that. :rolleyes:

As an aside, this is why war on Planet Bob should never last more than 6 weeks. Beyond that there's too much butthurt, too much rationalizing of absolutely horrible/silly terms that right thinking people would never verbalize.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1304283914' post='2703357']
I'm pleased to be included this time.

/edit

Read the post again, it's directly adressed to the spy (Operative Midnight) ;)

That should indicate the seriousness of said post (or at least the redeclare part).
[/quote]

So you are telling me that the Government of ODN is making "Joke Posts" Publicly. In areas that are supposed to be for your members to learn about what is going on in the government so the GA can make better decisions? Thats just dandy, So if all your members are sitting there reading what the government says they will jump on the bandwagon and go with it. I dont think you where kidding, as your buddies demonstrated that you do enjoy dropping CB's 3 months later.

Duckz

[quote name='Duckz3' timestamp='1304346406' post='2704131']
So you are telling me that the Government of ODN is making "Joke Posts" Publicly. In areas that are supposed to be for your members to learn about what is going on in the government so the GA can make better decisions? Thats just dandy, So if all your members are sitting there reading what the government says they will jump on the bandwagon and go with it. I dont think you where kidding, as your buddies demonstrated that you do enjoy dropping CB's 3 months later.

Duckz
[/quote]

I can't tell if you're stretching the truth, or if you honestly believe that Gov members making some obvious jokes on their private forums is a massive travesty. If it's the latter, being in CoJ sounds like a miserable existence, but no big surprise there.

[quote name='Duckz3' timestamp='1304346406' post='2704131']
So you are telling me that the Government of ODN is making "Joke Posts" Publicly. In areas that are supposed to be for your members to learn about what is going on in the government so the GA can make better decisions? Thats just dandy, So if all your members are sitting there reading what the government says they will jump on the bandwagon and go with it.[/quote]

Your forums must be boring.
Yes, we make jokes on our forums.

And fyi, my post was not from "areas that are supposed to be for your members to learn about what is going on in the government". Not that we wouldn't make jokes about CoJ there.